Gypsybike

Related:
Create New Tag

6/22/2017 10:33 PM

Anyone else seen these on Facebook? New company from midgetcorey. $150 plus $20 shipping. Pretty nice looking frame, but they're made in China :/

|

6/23/2017 10:55 AM

Nope, but I am intrigued. The China aspect doesn't bother me a ton, being that most of the stuff we use (even car parts) are made there. I would love to see one.

Maybe he is doing what Harry Main and Mafia couldn't...selling moderate stuff for cheap tongue

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/23/2017 11:08 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Nope, but I am intrigued. The China aspect doesn't bother me a ton, being that most of the stuff we use (even car parts) are ...more

Haha, that's his plan by the look of it. His plan for the future is to set people up kinda like agents, they get to keep $10 for every frame they sell.

I almost pulled the trigger on some samples from the same manufacturer. But not knowing what the quality is like put me off. A Taiwanese manufacturer that already makes frames for other brands is one thing. But this seems too good to be true. And I wouldn't want to risk buying a load of frames that snap within a year.

|

6/23/2017 8:54 PM

I have been watching their posts. Seems kind of over enthusiastic (like he has the answer to life) and a bit sketchy.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

6/23/2017 10:55 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I have been watching their posts. Seems kind of over enthusiastic (like he has the answer to life) and a bit sketchy.

Yeah that's what I thought. I commented on a couple of pics and sent him a message to ask what the geometry was, and where they're made, and he sent me a picture of a frame..... Nothing more....

The company manufacturing them seem very enthusiastic. They make parts for some small companies no one's heard of. I just can't trust it myself. I'd hate to sink money into something that's either bad quality, or they just disappear with my money!

|

6/24/2017 10:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2017 10:17 AM

remember veinbmx? those bikes were a steal man, before they closed like $500 for a high end complete 48 splines heat treated chromo frame the works. eastern venus wheelset for 189.99

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

6/24/2017 12:58 PM

Spenlard wrote:

remember veinbmx? those bikes were a steal man, before they closed like $500 for a high end complete 48 splines heat treated ...more

They were another eastern brand right? 10 out of 10 for persistence to eastern. How many different brand names have they used?!

|

6/25/2017 9:51 AM

Spenlard wrote:

remember veinbmx? those bikes were a steal man, before they closed like $500 for a high end complete 48 splines heat treated ...more

Lmao yeah I remember vein. I never fucked with them though because I always felt like it was cheap. I've never really liked new weird budget companies.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/25/2017 10:40 AM

Spenlard wrote:

I got the highest end complete ( Amber Dorado ) for I think 415$ shipped from the states to Canada .

It was like originally 300$ before exchange and stuff . I got a great deal

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/25/2017 12:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/25/2017 12:46 PM

Spenlard wrote:

Four wrote:

Lmao yeah I remember vein. I never fucked with them though because I always felt like it was cheap. I've never really liked ...more

Dude it was all legit my buddy got one which he left stock for like 3+ years aside from tires, was like 400 bucks. had 48 splines all dat

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

6/25/2017 1:12 PM

Spenlard wrote:

Four wrote:

Lmao yeah I remember vein. I never fucked with them though because I always felt like it was cheap. I've never really liked ...more

Spenlard wrote:

Dude it was all legit my buddy got one which he left stock for like 3+ years aside from tires, was like 400 bucks. had 48 ...more

You get what you pay for. Every company in the world is out there to make money, so the cost price of a $400 complete is probably less than $100. You can't get a good quality, well built bike for $100. The tube sets alone probably cost close to that for a laird (thermLX tubes are the new big thing since supertherm stopped making bike tubes)

|

6/25/2017 2:07 PM

Spenlard wrote:

You can still find them. Same with the KHE with the gyro built into the stem.

If you find the KHE, switch to a normal gyro or go brakeless. The idea is great in therory but dangerous in working situations.

|

6/25/2017 11:50 PM

Spenlard wrote:

Gack2000 wrote:

You can still find them. Same with the KHE with the gyro built into the stem.

If you find the KHE, switch to a normal gyro ...more

I think the idea of the affix gyro is pretty innovative. And I've never seen a frame or fork snap because of it. But that could be down to it being pretty much just kids that ever owned those parts, so they didn't abuse the bike as much as your average rider. I mean, having a slot machined into your steerer tube just sounds like a bad idea. The spare parts over here are impossible to get hold of now as it's all discontinued.

But, back to the gypsy frames. I'd really like to be able to trust them. But I know how much they cost from the manufacturer, and that alone is enough to put me off. An oem frame from the manufacturer is silly cheap too, it just sounds too good to be true!

|