Gyro

Related:
Create New Tag

5/28/2018 6:17 PM

Hello, I was wondering if I could install a odessey g3 gyro without tabs on my 2017 kink curb with the stock headset, thanks

|

5/28/2018 6:26 PM

You'll need gyro tabs to run a gyro lol

But I'm pretty sure your frame should be drilled for gyro tabs, so you'll just need to find some generic gyro tabs that'll fit your frame... Or maybe Kink has gyro tabs they make for their complete bikes, I'm not sure... I think you should give Kink a call and they should be able to help you!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

5/28/2018 6:32 PM

You need these.

https://www.albes.com/mission-gyro-tabs/

The lower plate that comes with the G3 is designed to go under a press in headset cup and is as much use as a chocolate teapot these days.

|

5/28/2018 6:39 PM

Whoaaa hold up. Your Kink Curb has a press in headset. You can use the included lower plate and do not require extra tabs. Unless you know what you're doing. Get a shop to install it. It's a little more work than the drilled tab system.

|

5/28/2018 6:43 PM

Ok thanks guys, I think I may as well get it (as soon as the next paycheck hits) and bring it to the local bike shop, how much do you think a bike shop would charge to install a tab-less gyro?

|

5/28/2018 6:46 PM

jbales wrote:

Whoaaa hold up. Your Kink Curb has a press in headset. You can use the included lower plate and do not require extra tabs. Unless you know what you're doing. Get a shop to install it. It's a little more work than the drilled tab system.

Shit! I didn't know that!! That's cool though, as you can probably tell, I don't know much about brakes lol

|

5/28/2018 6:48 PM

Guyman22 wrote:

Ok thanks guys, I think I may as well get it (as soon as the next paycheck hits) and bring it to the local bike shop, how much do you think a bike shop would charge to install a tab-less gyro?

I have no idea, myself. I think there's a couple of people here that work in bike shops that'll chime in.

|

5/28/2018 6:49 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Shit! I didn't know that!! That's cool though, as you can probably tell, I don't know much about brakes lol

As you can probably tell, I don't know much about street.

|

5/28/2018 6:52 PM

jbales wrote:

As you can probably tell, I don't know much about street.

lol I guess we're even then hahalaughing

|

5/28/2018 7:44 PM

Shit i don’t know much about anything more than bowls, curbs and the occasional dialing

|

5/30/2018 12:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/30/2018 12:48 PM

Guyman22 wrote:

Hello, I was wondering if I could install a odessey g3 gyro without tabs on my 2017 kink curb with the stock headset, thanks

Need tabs, but if you look around you can get a set for $3-5.00. Someone who is brakeless might give you some for a few cents .

But yes you can just run the stock bottom but with tabs it’s cleaner and I think the brakes perform better. And after 35+ years riding I’m still not sure if it’s me or they really do

|

5/30/2018 1:02 PM

I really like your username for some reason guyman22

|

Hmmm

5/30/2018 10:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/30/2018 10:44 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

But I'm pretty sure your frame should be drilled for gyro tabs, so you'll just need to find some generic gyro tabs that'll fit your frame... Or maybe Kink has gyro tabs they make for their complete bikes, I'm not sure... I think you should give Kink a call and they should be able to help you!

Did you notice the last 3 times you wrote "Gyro Tabs" were in line with eachother? Lol Photo

Also, shouldnt they be called "detangler tabs" since "Gyro" is a name Odyssey came up with? Like Kleenex, Xerox, Coke, etc.?

|

5/30/2018 11:48 PM

Brian Scura came up with the name. Sold the design to Odyssey.

|

5/31/2018 2:56 AM

Coke is a name Columbians came up with.

|

5/31/2018 4:03 AM

Use the plate the gyro comes with. Your frame isn't drilled for tabs as external headset set ups don't need em. You'll need to tap the top cup out, then fit it back in with the gyro plate, so the cup holds the plate in place. However, I'm not sure if you'll have enough room for a gyro, you'll lose a bit of space by adding the plate. You also need to make sure you order one for 1 1/8ths headsets

|

5/31/2018 6:10 AM

drill and tap your frame for tabs

|

It’s all bmx

5/31/2018 11:37 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Did you notice the last 3 times you wrote "Gyro Tabs" were in line with eachother? Lol Photo

Also, shouldnt they be called "detangler tabs" since "Gyro" is a name Odyssey came up with? Like Kleenex, Xerox, Coke, etc.?

Lol I just realized that! That's fuckin sick!laughinglaughing

|

6/2/2018 6:49 PM

Edman123 wrote:

I really like your username for some reason guyman22

Thanks bud, it’s been my go to since I was a 12 yr old lol

|