Gyro Cable Length

Related:
Create New Tag

9/22/2016 6:34 PM

Hey all. So i already searched this, and all that came up was a thread where people were bitching out some guy for running 10" rise bars....super ADD thread....never answered his question. lots of smart assery...

ANYWAY, putting 9" rise bars on the boy's bike...what length upper gyro cable should I get? The old bars were 8's...pretty short

and, should I just replace the whole run of cables? The lower run seems fine.

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

9/23/2016 1:14 AM

It depends how long the current cable is really. You might get away with keeping it as it's only an extra inch. If the cable currently goes over the crossbar, you can run it under the crossbar to give a little extra reach

|

9/23/2016 5:17 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

It depends how long the current cable is really. You might get away with keeping it as it's only an extra inch. If the cable ...more

no, it is definitely too short, by about 3 inches. I am thinking that the mid length listed on DansComp is probably gonna work, but I will measure for sure. I just didn't want to have to clip a ton of excess cable in the end

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

9/23/2016 7:25 AM

I don't get how the cable can be 3 inches too short if the bars are only 1" taller, although I guess the new bars haven't been chopped down. Measure the distance you need between the lever and the bit where the cables join together, that length should be stated in the description of the new cable

|

9/23/2016 11:14 AM

just get the longest cable you can find

|

It’s all bmx

9/24/2016 1:06 AM

and you cant cut gyro upper cables unless you have a gyro with knarps in built

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA