Gyro Tabs/Brake Cable

Related:
Create New Tag

4/16/2017 11:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2017 11:25 PM

Hey guys, I recently got a new crankset and I'm having it installed by my local bike shop (I needed them to order the proper bb). I am going to see if they could drill gyro tabs into my frame, Is there specific dimensions for certain gyro sets? or are the gyro holes all drilled the same no matter the gyro set? Also I have the back brake cable that was with the gyro set, It is one cable that just goes into one wire, why not split into two because there are 2 brake pads that need to be connected? also, my regular brake set has the cylinders that latch onto the brake pads at the end of the wires, So what would I do with the gyro cable to have it fit? I have the Odyssey g3 gyro kit, I am willing to buy new brake pads (mine are worn out) What would be a good brake set that can connect to the single wire?

Sorry if that was a bit confusing, I'll try to answer any questions about what I said, Thanks smile

|

4/16/2017 11:29 PM

Gyro cables were like that so you could use it with normal caliper brakes, there are cables that don't connect into one cable though. To use the one you have you'll need a straddle cable and yoke.

I doubt a bike shop will drill holes in your frame. If anything at all goes wrong with your bike they'd be liable, so they'll probably steep clear of doing anything like that.

|

4/16/2017 11:32 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Gyro cables were like that so you could use it with normal caliper brakes, there are cables that don't connect into one cable ...more

Welp, What would you suggest? are there other options because my headset is integrated. Also because I already have the gyro cables and stuff, Would I only need to get the brake pads with the mount?

OR

just ride brakeless lol

|

4/16/2017 11:36 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Gyro cables were like that so you could use it with normal caliper brakes, there are cables that don't connect into one cable ...more

amant20 wrote:

Welp, What would you suggest? are there other options because my headset is integrated. Also because I already have the gyro ...more

I'd just ride brakeless personally , less stuff on your bike to maintain and worry about , and less money and hassle too .

Brakeless or straight cable , you can always get a long cable and just prewind it so if you can actually do double bars or that , it doesn't get caught .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/16/2017 11:39 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

amant20 wrote:

Welp, What would you suggest? are there other options because my headset is integrated. Also because I already have the gyro ...more

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I'd just ride brakeless personally , less stuff on your bike to maintain and worry about , and less money and hassle too .

...more

I mean, Ive already got the gyro set, the only issue I have is that I need gyro tabs on my frame and a straddle cable

|

4/16/2017 11:43 PM

I guess I see where you guys are coming from, I'm alright riding brakeless but my only concern is skateparks, At my local, there's a 10-foot roll in, I'm worried about going down it and smoking someone that comes around the corner

|

4/17/2017 4:11 AM

Shit my bike shop will drill gyro tabs, weld on brake mounts, and powder coat your frame. Lol y'all got some shitty shops

|

It’s all bmx

4/17/2017 2:56 PM

Im not a fan of gyros because to me a BMX is simple and adding extra stuff onto it is just unnecessary and doesnt look good. I run brakeless but whenever I need to stop i just put my foot down without dragging, just one step at a time, so you save your shoes and your tires

|

Trails not Rails

Trails YT Channel

4/17/2017 3:10 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

Shit my bike shop will drill gyro tabs, weld on brake mounts, and powder coat your frame. Lol y'all got some shitty shops

Some do that, but most hire on kids in high school and a handful of other dudes.

Seems bigger cities have a fab shop around.

OP what is your bike?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/23/2017 4:10 AM

Oh anyways hope this isnt a grave dig, second page.

Anyways was wondering why the hell my brakes grab when I spin the bars. Do I need better cables? Currently using some cheap shit cables. Or do I just suck at adjusting the brakes?

|

4/23/2017 8:47 AM

thairishguy wrote:

Anyways was wondering why the hell my brakes grab when I spin the bars. ...more

had the same problem until i got odyssey slic cable

|

4/23/2017 7:24 PM

thairishguy wrote:

that's your cable binding up, get a linear slic one.

|

4/23/2017 7:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/23/2017 7:37 PM

thairishguy wrote:

Binding up, try oiling the cables first as a cheap fix, if its not a teflon lined cable it NEEDS lubrication so try and lube it first, if that don't help then its a cable replacement, an aerosol with a straw on it will get into the cable

|