Gyro brake troubles!!

Related:
Create New Tag

1/26/2014 9:01 PM

Well i just got gyros and i got most of it set up but i am having a problem... The bolt for the cable hanger only has one hole and i have two snafu lower cables... Im not sure how to fix this but if anyone can help thatd be great

|

1/26/2014 9:08 PM

Do you mean the cable guide under the top tube?

what Snafu cables do you have?

|

1/26/2014 9:14 PM

I have the astroglyde lowercables.. But the cable hanger that connects the actual brake to the lower cables its a little bolt that has a hole inside of it but i have two lower cables that dont come together so it wont fit..

|

1/26/2014 9:16 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Do you mean the cable guide under the top tube?

what Snafu cables do you have?

he has the dual lower from what it sounds like. dual lower gyro cables need a special cable splitter that has 3 holes, the holes on the side have the threading for the barrel adjusters and the center threads into the cable hanger post to keep everything fastened.

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

1/26/2014 9:33 PM

James_Letten17 wrote:

he has the dual lower from what it sounds like. dual lower gyro cables need a special cable splitter that has 3 holes, the holes on the side have the threading for the barrel adjusters and the center threads into the cable hanger post to keep everything fastened.

in that case, it sounds like this little guy can solve his problem

|

1/26/2014 9:39 PM

I really wish it couuld but i already have that... Its whats after that that keeps messing me up... Ill put up pictures in the morning if that helps at all... I have it rigged up rite now but its not setup right like it needs to be

|

1/26/2014 9:57 PM

bigc607 wrote:

I really wish it couuld but i already have that... Its whats after that that keeps messing me up... Ill put up pictures in the morning if that helps at all... I have it rigged up rite now but its not setup right like it needs to be

Ohhh okay I think I get what you mean, so the 2 cables come out right, but don't attach to the brakes like they should?

|

1/27/2014 5:33 AM

With dual cables you have to use knarps and the cable goes straight into the brake arms not through a cabe hanger. So skip the cable hanger completely and attach it to the brake arm using the knarps that should have come with it. Does that make sense? The cable hanger is meant for a single lower cable because the cable goes into the hole and tightens down and then it splits into 2 to attach to the brake arms...

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

1/27/2014 5:49 AM

What you need is the London Mod it allows you to run dual cable.

|

-If your not crashing... YOUR NOT RIDING!!

1/27/2014 5:58 AM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

With dual cables you have to use knarps and the cable goes straight into the brake arms not through a cabe hanger. So skip the cable hanger completely and attach it to the brake arm using the knarps that should have come with it. Does that make sense? The cable hanger is meant for a single lower cable because the cable goes into the hole and tightens down and then it splits into 2 to attach to the brake arms...

This.

He needs to run the cables to the brake arms individually, and currently he is trying to run dual cables into a cable hanger with a straddle cable.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/27/2014 6:32 AM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

Yeah that's making sense I did have a bunch of extra junk that I got sent and didn't know what to do with but I'll try that and see how it comes out! Thanks for the help man

|

1/27/2014 5:12 PM

bigc607 wrote:

Yeah that's making sense I did have a bunch of extra junk that I got sent and didn't know what to do with but I'll try that and see how it comes out! Thanks for the help man

Your welcome! Hope it works out man!

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

1/27/2014 6:37 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

bigc607 wrote:

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

Your welcome! Hope it works out man!

Aint working out to well... I understand what your talking about it just wont work.. Heres a picture
Photo

|

1/27/2014 6:42 PM

Some extra parts and how i have it rigged upPhoto

|

1/27/2014 8:41 PM

it looks like its set up right. those silver pieces in the last picture are knarps. if you had a better brake arm set up. there is no wire pinch like on your brakes right now. you would have to thread the brake cable thru the knarp and put that in the catch on the brake arms. and then adjust the cable tension that way

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

1/28/2014 8:49 AM

element4all wrote:

it looks like its set up right. those silver pieces in the last picture are knarps. if you had a better brake arm set up. there is no wire pinch like on your brakes right now. you would have to thread the brake cable thru the knarp and put that in the catch on the brake arms. and then adjust the cable tension that way

For some reason I couldn't get the wire through the knarps so you're saying that it's pretty much set up right?? I had it set up with the wire pinch and it wasn't working that well... As you can tell I'm kind of a noob with brakes

|

1/28/2014 9:02 AM

element4all wrote:

bigc607 wrote:

For some reason I couldn't get the wire through the knarps so you're saying that it's pretty much set up right?? I had it set up with the wire pinch and it wasn't working that well... As you can tell I'm kind of a noob with brakes

Yep, each cable needs a knarp and goes straight to the brake arm on the same side (or you can do what I do and run extra housing and cross them behind the seat tube).

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura