Gyros

Related:
Create New Tag

9/19/2011 5:35 PM

I want to run a gyro, but i don't know exactly what parts i need.

would anybody be so kind as to set up a nice gyro system for me

|

9/19/2011 5:50 PM

I run an Odyssey M2 short lever with the dual cable to an Odyssey GTX-R gyro with a dual lower cable but I heard the Snafu Mobeus gyro is good but I dont think it has built in knarps like the Odyssey but for the price difference it should be worth it. I'll end up getting the Mobeus when I need a new gyro cuz I dont feel like spending another $45 when the mobeus is like $26

|

9/19/2011 5:59 PM

Oh and my frame only has brake mounts that only let me run a single cable so would i get the odyssey londen mod thing or what? i'm confused as to how that would work out

|

9/19/2011 6:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/19/2011 6:23 PM

|

9/19/2011 8:38 PM

|

9/19/2011 10:05 PM

those sound perfect but he would need a upper plate and i never knew the m2 lever came with upper cables.

for the detangleri would go with the snafu, i bought one from here (ody steel one) and it's good same weight as a stock gyros.

the snafu dual lower cables do come with a mod, but not the london just a replica of it. it has everything. the only thing is you need to know how to cut the cables. the outer skin is made of cables you would need a special tool to cut it short.

you have a stock frame, then here you go. http://www.bmx-zone.com/en-article-id-666.html
that's how i custom drilled my frame.

|

9/19/2011 11:57 PM

pretty much. i wouldnt get the snafu lower cables though. everyone i've ever seen doesnt come with the nut and bolt you need to attach the london mod, it just has an extra barrell adjuster for it, even though in the included instructions it says its supposed to have one. what i do is get a normal odyssey linear cable, cut 2 pieces of housing to the length i want, and get the bike cable kit from walmart. (it has the cables you use for mountain bike derailleurs)

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger