HELP!!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2012 11:31 AM

I need help with my headset. So my headset broke on my bike and i bought the animal integrated headset. I put it in and it stoped moving but it was creaking when ever i moved it. I asked people what they thought it meant and they said it was just because it was new so i keeped riding on it. Now it moves again and i try to fix it and put in some spacers, but it still moves. If anyone has any idea on y it wont tighten can u help. Thank u

|

Dirt & street everyday

8/28/2012 2:32 PM

what frame and headset do you have? Did you get the correct bearings? MOST integrated frames use Campy 40/40 bearings.

|

8/28/2012 5:41 PM

i have the black eye kilarado 2009 i think but im not sure because i bought it from a friend. the headset is campy.

|

Dirt & street everyday

8/28/2012 5:52 PM

sbc785 wrote:

what frame and headset do you have? Did you get the correct bearings? MOST integrated frames use Campy 40/40 bearings.

Psssst,45/45

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

8/28/2012 5:56 PM

Frame takes a int headset,sooooo as long as everything went on in the right order it should work.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

8/28/2012 6:00 PM

sbc785 wrote:

what frame and headset do you have? Did you get the correct bearings? MOST integrated frames use Campy 40/40 bearings.

bloghogs wrote:

Psssst,45/45

haha the worst part is i literally was just telling a kid in another thread to get 45/45 campy bearings...i'm used to talking about the 40/40 prop valve we use in our Civics from Integras so we can run the rear disc brake conversions, lol. Thanks for the catch big guy wink

|

8/28/2012 6:11 PM

well the part of the headset that is on the fork can u get that off?

|

Dirt & street everyday

8/28/2012 6:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2012 6:15 PM

like...the bearing race at the bottom of the fork tube?


Photo

it's a standard headset (non-integrated) so it may be a bad example, but show me on the fork where the man touched...wait...just tell me what part you're having a hard time with....

|

8/28/2012 6:25 PM

sbc785 wrote:

like...the bearing race at the bottom of the fork tube?


Photo

it's a standard headset (non-integrated) so it may be a bad example, but show me on the fork where the man touched...wait...just tell me what part you're having a hard time with....

Trololol

|

Lol. Xzibit plz
Shakesman69: Seeing a girl on a bike is like seeing a unicorn walking down the main street.
Brokenbmx: i pooped butterflies once.


Bought from: Ridebmx456 TCbmx(x2) Wade., Ticaleb
Sold to: Sprocket: Mike - E, Front Hub: Kroller, Back wheel: imgoingtohavetocuthere
Local deal for a rear wheel with: bmx

8/28/2012 7:22 PM

i think the lower stack, but im not 100% sure but when i put the headset in the headtube it has a little room to move. So that may be a problem

|

Dirt & street everyday

8/28/2012 7:27 PM

i'm gonna take a a guess at this...i'm gonna guess you're missing something or your stem is loose

it goes like this, put your bottom bearing in your bottom cup, put your fork in, put your top bearing in, then the dust cover, then the shim, then your spacers and then your stem, make sure everything is tight (especially your compression bolt which is the top bolt that goes on the top of your stem). What you do is when you put your stem on, tighten your compression bolt down until your front end is snug and nothing wiggles, then back off half a turn to loosen your steering up, tighten the pinch bolts on the stem and then tighten the compression bolt again.

my run-on sentences are getting terrible.

|

8/28/2012 8:23 PM

sbc785 wrote:

i'm gonna take a a guess at this...i'm gonna guess you're missing something or your stem is loose

it goes like this, put your bottom bearing in your bottom cup, put your fork in, put your top bearing in, then the dust cover, then the shim, then your spacers and then your stem, make sure everything is tight (especially your compression bolt which is the top bolt that goes on the top of your stem). What you do is when you put your stem on, tighten your compression bolt down until your front end is snug and nothing wiggles, then back off half a turn to loosen your steering up, tighten the pinch bolts on the stem and then tighten the compression bolt again.

my run-on sentences are getting terrible.

And you put the compression ring in before the dustcover.

|

Lol. Xzibit plz
Shakesman69: Seeing a girl on a bike is like seeing a unicorn walking down the main street.
Brokenbmx: i pooped butterflies once.


Bought from: Ridebmx456 TCbmx(x2) Wade., Ticaleb
Sold to: Sprocket: Mike - E, Front Hub: Kroller, Back wheel: imgoingtohavetocuthere
Local deal for a rear wheel with: bmx

8/28/2012 8:31 PM

I had this problem the other day, just tightened the compression bolt and it fixed.

|

8/28/2012 8:37 PM

1. Take apart your front end
2. Put enough grease in the cvps to hold the bearings in when upside down
3. Pvt in your bearings
4. Slam on your crown race if your fork doesn't have one
5. Put on th upper race
6. Put on dust cover
7. Make sure you have AT LEAST ONE spacer between your dutcap and stem
8. Make sure the top of the fork ends at least 2.5 mm from the top of your stem
9. If you have a compression bolt grease the hell out of it
10. Tighten and if it's still shit go see a bike shop.

|

8/30/2012 6:15 PM

Fixed it me and my brother worked on it took him like 15 mins to get it right. So its all good now

|

Dirt & street everyday