HELP!! Eastern or Fit

Related:
Create New Tag

7/23/2013 5:43 PM

hi i want to buy my first bmx bike and i have 2 options right now.The first one is a 2012 Eastern boss whith a little dent on the frame for 190. the second option is a 2012 Fit vh 1 for 130. Which one do you guys think is the better choice.

|

7/23/2013 5:47 PM

Fit

|

7/23/2013 5:53 PM

^ change your avatars

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

7/23/2013 5:58 PM

WRONG!!! THE EASTERN BOSS IS SO MUCH BETTER THEN A FIT VH1.

DONT BE STUPID, GET THE BOSS.

youre getting easterns top of the line parts where on the fit its beginner stock. Fit frame isnt even full chromoly and the forks arent chromoly at all.

eastern is full chromoly!

Dont pay attention to the names of which some find more popular, looks at the specs. The VH1 doesnt come close to the higher quality of the Boss.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

7/23/2013 6:14 PM

Too many lookbacks in this damn thread

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

7/23/2013 6:16 PM

id say eastern I just started riding one and its nice

|

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

7/23/2013 6:48 PM

alright ill get the eastern thanks everyone

|

7/23/2013 7:17 PM

Im pretty sure the fit is chormolly.. if its the 2013 vh1

|

Over 500+ transactions on eBay at 100%. - jddewitt
Refs: nshs2010, handlebar-to-face, HardBMX_Tim

7/23/2013 7:35 PM

ugot2dewitt wrote:

It is NOT. It is hi tensile steel.

The Eastern has a LOT more heavy duty, built for abuse parts on it.

The only concern is the size and location of the dent. But for the price, that is a solid bike.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/23/2013 8:27 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

It is NOT. It is hi tensile steel.

The Eastern has a LOT more heavy duty, built for abuse parts on it.

The only concern is the size and location of the dent. But for the price, that is a solid bike.

i think the top tube or bottom tube of fit 1's are chromoly.

|

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

7/23/2013 8:47 PM

ugot2dewitt wrote:

Honestly youre stupid. You tried to sell a Fit 1 series frame for 100 $ on here hahahaha. You really need to shut your dumbass shithole mouth if you dont know what youre talking about. It literally has 1 tube of chromoly so therefore it is not chromoly.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

7/23/2013 8:49 PM

Also, Eastern. They are a lot better of a company. They actually care thats why theyre changing manufacturers to produce a higher quality product. Also, the eastern is full chromo.

|

Instagram

7/23/2013 9:40 PM

Fits only worth it if your getting high end products in wich case you myswell buy s&m........go with the eastern if its the full chromoly bike

|

7/23/2013 10:12 PM

I never said eastern wasn't good.. I have a bunch of eastern parts.. just saying thought the front half if it was chromoly. Dumbass shithole mouth. Education much?

|

7/23/2013 10:13 PM

Oh. And my frame sold dick wad.

|

7/23/2013 10:34 PM

I sense a vital battle coming on.....shits about to get entertaining

|

7/23/2013 11:22 PM

ugot2dewitt wrote:

I never said eastern wasn't good.. I have a bunch of eastern parts.. just saying thought the front half if it was chromoly. Dumbass shithole mouth. Education much?

The Fit is a POS compared to a full chromo frame. How old are you? I dont believe that POS frame sold for more than 50 $.

The 2nd post doesnt relate to you.

|

Instagram

7/23/2013 11:37 PM

Laughing right now...Never rode a fit but ive seen few ppl with em and ive seen very little easterns around think im the only one in my city with one unless my friend still has his reaper

|

7/24/2013 12:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/24/2013 12:29 AM

Shadow2 wrote:

Laughing right now...Never rode a fit but ive seen few ppl with em and ive seen very little easterns around think im the only one in my city with one unless my friend still has his reaper

Because of Eastern's bad rep courtesy of trendy kids that believe everything they hear on the interwebz. Lol. I've seen quite a few kids with Easterns, but they were all lower end ones and I've never ridden one myself, so I can't necessarily speak for them, but they looked nice. Biased opinion aside, I know that the chromoly would be alot stronger than hi ten steel, so sounds like a better deal in the long run honestly. Plus Eastern is going thru changes at the moment that sound like they're about to have better stuff coming, so I dunno how much that means to you.

|

7/24/2013 1:37 AM

-Havok- wrote:

Because of Eastern's bad rep courtesy of trendy kids that believe everything they hear on the interwebz. Lol. I've seen quite a few kids with Easterns, but they were all lower end ones and I've never ridden one myself, so I can't necessarily speak for them, but they looked nice. Biased opinion aside, I know that the chromoly would be alot stronger than hi ten steel, so sounds like a better deal in the long run honestly. Plus Eastern is going thru changes at the moment that sound like they're about to have better stuff coming, so I dunno how much that means to you.

well since I got my eastern growler frame off my friend(had a verde eon but I traded him cuz I bent the drop outs..) ive only ridden it like 3 times cuz I didn't have the parts for it had lace a rim and buy a sprocket and such and my forks were screwed or something but I fixed em and I just got my sprocket yesterday and I rode it today it was nice lol and for a bike he found under a bride in the water its nice like 3 rusty dents,honestly I thought verde was pretty sick till I got this

|

7/24/2013 3:16 AM

I am 32 years old. Probably old enough to be your daddy. I never said one was better than the other. I like Fit and Eastern. I have some Eastern ultra slim forks and despite the bad reputation I really like them. I have a stock pile of Eastern grips. I do have a Fit frame though. I am a big fan of Eastern and that is probably what I would get. However I was saying that the Fit is not nearly as crappy as you make it out to be. It is a bit heavier however it's still a really nice first bike. Especially if you could score some Fit cranks with it.

I would most likely base my purchase off of size more that what brand it is. Because both brands are good. If you buy the Eastern and it has a 20in top tube, 7.5 bars and you are tall then you are going to be left disappointed. I would personally get the one that feels best to you.

|

7/24/2013 4:15 AM

ok im not going to read anything else. and its 4 am and im eating cold pizza and cant sleep so im sory if this makes no sense but. eastern sucks. fit is over rated thought. everybody has a fit. not many people have an eastern but if you could find a really good eastern you should get it. but hey. it may be the half asleep part of me talking.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

7/24/2013 4:58 AM

-Havok- wrote:

but that also means if you try to buy stuff from them right now they dont have anything and i dont think they have much stuff for warranty... but also if you buy it used technically you can't warranty it anyway..

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

7/24/2013 5:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/24/2013 5:33 AM

ugot2dewitt wrote:

You said "pretty sure the fit is chromoly".

Implying full chromoly.

It is not.

And I don't care who you are, 100 bucks for an entry level frame no matter how new or perfect is a rip off. You can get a much better Haro Zebra for 150 bucks BRAND NEW WITH A WARRANTY.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/24/2013 6:59 AM

Sorry I should have said TT, DT, HT. Regardless it is not a bad first bike at all. Especially for $130! It is 100 X better than a Walmart bike. Like I said I like both Eastern and Fit. I think they both have a bad rep. Its not cool to like Fit because everyone owns one. That's just stupid. I do think Eastern has sacraficed a lot by trying to make every part as light as possible. I like them because they are risk takers however even though I haven't had any problems with my forks they have countless of bad reviews. As do many of their higher end wait saving parts. I do like my forks. However I plan on ordering a couple more just to have them on hand.

|