HELP ME DESTORY A DEAD RIM

Related:
Create New Tag

8/5/2014 5:48 PM

SO, we have here a single wall, Star circle hard anodized blue Rim taken from most likely a '12 dk Cincinnati, or an 'old dk effect
most likely the effect based off the remains of the tire that was on it...

So this rim is splitting pretty bad at the seams, as a stress test i decided i'd try to seprate it via hammer and screwdriver and it started to work, but eventually stoped working....

Sooo im going to video JUST how durable this thing really is. and so it is to you people to decide just how i'm going to destory this thing. I have everything from hammers to sledge hammers, to a blowtorch, and a paved driveway which is about 9 feet below my deck. so submit any ideas on how i can destory it here and ill post the video later.

btw, the rim itself i actually do like i was going to put it on my bike. and if it where fixable i wouldn't be doing it but at this point, its purely scientific research. wink

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

8/5/2014 5:53 PM

Kill it with fire

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

8/5/2014 6:16 PM

C4

|

8/5/2014 6:47 PM

Toss it on a train track, I did that before but forgot about it until months later & don't remember if I ever found it again.

|

8/5/2014 7:22 PM

shoot it with gunz

|

13 years old

8/5/2014 7:28 PM

where does your DK obsession stem from?

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

8/5/2014 7:31 PM

Spin it like a top into a busy expressway....
But seriously.
See how many times it bounces when you drop it off a roof.
For science!

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

8/5/2014 7:32 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

His DK obsession reminds me of Sunny.Jomofo's obsession with Kink, but at least Ethan isn't making 15 threads a day about why Kink is the best brand to ever exist lolol

|

8/5/2014 7:36 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

His DK obsession reminds me of Sunny.Jomofo's obsession with Kink, but at least Ethan isn't making 15 threads a day about why ...more

errr not an obession.... I just like their company they've always been good to me whenever i needed anything... and I like their teams all great riders.... also theirs a good chance I might be able to get a job their in the future

anyways, I only specified the bike so we all know the approximate age of the rim, and what it came off of.

Seriously though? 15 threads? sounds like he worked for Kink.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

8/5/2014 7:39 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

His DK obsession reminds me of Sunny.Jomofo's obsession with Kink, but at least Ethan isn't making 15 threads a day about why ...more

dkTechEthan wrote:

errr not an obession.... I just like their company they've always been good to me whenever i needed anything... and I like ...more

he was a cunt

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/5/2014 7:40 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

YES.

DK is a shamble of a company these days. they used to be so rad!

I've got a 16" DK frame i'll sell you smile

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

8/5/2014 7:41 PM

dkTechEthan wrote:

errr not an obession.... I just like their company they've always been good to me whenever i needed anything... and I like ...more

Understandable, I wasn't calling you out or being a dick or anything.

Sunny though on the other hand, 15 threads might have been an exaggeration but that guy seriously posted dumb shit all the time. He purchased a stock Kink, a Liberty I believe, and kept making retarded threads like "Top companies" and would list Kink as number 1 even though ALL he owned from them was the bike, completely biased for one and that's just the tip of the iceberg

|

8/5/2014 7:42 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Brokenbmx wrote:

YES.

DK is a shamble of a company these days. they used to be so rad!

I've got a 16" DK frame i'll sell you smile

HAHA no thanks, Im not that huge a fan of the Dukes of Hazzard wink

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

8/5/2014 7:50 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

dkTechEthan wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Sunny though on the other hand, 15 threads might have ...more

wow.... thats some bs....

Dont get me wrong I think Kink is a good company, maybe in the top 10 sure, but not the best. Hell the only reason I even have a kink super stump post on my bike is cuz it was the 2nd part I bought, first being the monogram seat, and I was trying to cut weight down from my railed seat.

anyways, back to this-

Cant do c4. I could maybe launch some bottle rockets off it.
might be able to get my neighbor to shoot it a couple times with an arrow or maybe one of his rifles.
can take my blow torch to it sure thing.
Think I'll drop it onto the drive way maybe 100 times from my deck, its maybe a 10 foot drop. I'll have some rope on it so i can pull it up.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

8/5/2014 7:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/5/2014 7:54 PM

dkTechEthan wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Sunny though on the other hand, 15 threads might have ...more

dkTechEthan wrote:

wow.... thats some bs....

Dont get me wrong I think Kink is a good company, maybe in the top 10 sure, but not the best. Hell ...more

melt it with the blowtorch
and keep a chunk as a souvenir

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/5/2014 11:34 PM

Heat it with a blow torch till its red hot, immediately soak it in ice water. Repeat process a few times for good measure.

Have friend stand ontop of your patio and throw the rim at you.

Slug it with the sledge hammer.

Home run.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/5/2014 11:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/5/2014 11:45 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Heat it with a blow torch till its red hot, immediately soak it in ice water. Repeat process a few times for good measure.

...more

maybe i think a baseball bat would hit better tho.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

8/5/2014 11:54 PM

Drop it off a roof. Its really entertaining.

|