HELP im a beginner

Related:
Create New Tag

5/21/2008 9:34 PM

im a beginer, and i been looking at BMX for long time, and i decided choose HARO or Eastern. I am very confuse, so i decided to come to this site and want to hear some Pro advise me. So please help me, what bike should i get? it doesnt have to be Haro or Eastern, just want to know a beginer bike and light one

and i have one question whats the difference between Trials Bike and BMX? sorry if i sounds stupid...

thank you

|

5/21/2008 9:39 PM

Kink is very good or WTP

|

<insert signature here>

5/21/2008 9:44 PM

trAil bikes typically have a linear brake cable, where as a typical BMX (street/vert/park... everything other than trail =D ) has a gyro or no brakes... im guessing ur getting a beginners complete bike.... id go with a fit AM =D, its about $330 w/o the tax... ye its not a full chromoly frame, but seeing as ur a beginner, u probably wont be a hard rider....

but if u wanna spend more money on a bike u can build up on.... u might want a bike with a full chromoly frame

|

5/21/2008 9:55 PM

unluckyrider wrote:

trAil bikes typically have a linear brake cable, where as a typical BMX (street/vert/park... everything other than trail =D ) ...more

ummm how about HARO? its not good? i heard that its heavy

|

5/21/2008 10:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/22/2008 12:06 AM

stolen sinner is nice complete bike, evryone here talks shit on eastern eventhough they make some decent parts, and r u talkin about trails bike or trials bikes, makin sure sure u didnt spell it wrong

|

5/21/2008 10:02 PM

well haros are kinda heavy.... but if u start out heavy... and u get use to the weight, ull be even better on a lighter bike, but the haros hav like a 36/13 gear ratio... which is still good...

overall its your choice really... tell me exactly wat u wanna get into... trails, street, vert or park...

|

5/21/2008 10:02 PM

wittman wrote:

stolen sinner is nice complete bike, evryone here talks shit on eastern eventhough they make some decent parts, and r u talkin ...more

ahah ye... i see a lot of ppl spell trIal... so i assume they mean TRAIL

|

5/21/2008 10:26 PM

unluckyrider wrote:

well haros are kinda heavy.... but if u start out heavy... and u get use to the weight, ull be even better on a lighter bike, ...more

i wanna get into like streets

|

5/21/2008 10:26 PM

unluckyrider wrote:

well haros are kinda heavy.... but if u start out heavy... and u get use to the weight, ull be even better on a lighter bike, ...more

i wanna get into like streets

|

5/21/2008 10:33 PM

dude i ride a kink whip and i love it but easterns are good bikes and some are light it just depends on how much u are willing to pay for a bike, fit bikes and stolens are also good

|

5/22/2008 1:00 AM

i have a haro its kinda heavy but its fine to use there pretty good to start of with because when you get a better bike what is lighter you find it really easy and can whip it really quick!

peace

|

Ride for fun...

5/22/2008 1:03 AM

if you have to choose between haro or eastern i would go with eastern but not really the realy cheap ones get like a middle priced one watever that would be?

|

5/22/2008 3:36 AM

u can get good haro's like the Forum Pro Lite. they are pretty sweet and they pretty light there bout $570 and they wouldnt be too bad for street and park

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
GO BMX DAY!! August first yo!!

5/22/2008 3:38 AM

dont get either.....get a fit. fits are the best. you wont be disapointed

|

5/22/2008 7:46 PM

sja_ridebmx wrote:

dont get either.....get a fit. fits are the best. you wont be disapointed

ye i agree.... but if u just wanna get onto street, depending on if ur a budget rider or not.... and how u want ur bike to be ( like if u want it good so that u can just keep adding/replacing parts to it or just one that ull replace comepletely) u could get like a Fit anything ahah, like a Fit am trail.... and all u hav to do is pretty much take off the cable...

u just really dont want to hav a single linear cable on ur street.... either u hav a gyro set-up or just brakeless, but since ur a beginner, id stick with brakes... never kno when u might almost run into a parked car....

|

5/22/2008 7:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 4:15 PM

Fit Pro/am (nice bikes), Kink whip (chromo double wall in rear) or above, premium solo 25/9 (Full Chromo) Premium IS haro
These are my favorite beginer bikes. If you want a Fit start looking now because they're getting harder for shops to order

|

Dude I Totally Want That

5/22/2008 7:55 PM

why would having a gyro be better for street? i ride a single cable and ride mainly street with some park. he is a beginner. he is not going to be doing triple whips or double bar spins. the brake cable is not going to matter. never let brakes be a deciding point on a complete bike (unless its between a bike with brake mounts or without). i would say pick any bike you can afford. in bmx it is generally you get what you pay for. i assure you if you stick with bmx and i hope you do then you will be replacing parts shortly after you get your complete.

|

5/22/2008 8:44 PM

i dont like fits line up this year havent heard much good about any of them. get a kink or premium they are really nice

|

ride hard or ride home.

5/23/2008 11:59 AM

I agree with what brokebike said. I am just getting into bmx and i bought the 08 fit am and so far i love it. After having it for 1 week i put on big bars and took of my gyro and ran a regular odyssey linear cable. Good bike for the price in my opinion.

|

kylemcelligott.com

5/23/2008 12:24 PM

Premium Solo is so sick

I have one

Although it dosen't have a 25 tooth like bike source said(the one at his shop may) its a sweet bike

Get it from dans with the free shipping on all coplete bikes or from albes with the PENGUINS EXPLODE code

|

Refs on TCUB: Aetsh, i <3bike
Refs on Vital: abod, 605, Blake el gingero, BobPA
All refs are buying

5/23/2008 8:43 PM

i think im going to buy HARP X3 or F3... but den there are still string on the bar... is it bad?

|

5/23/2008 8:45 PM

we the people

any of their completes are good for almost any skill level

|

24 beers in a case, 24 hours in a day.
coincidence?
I think not.

5/23/2008 8:45 PM

we the people

any of their completes are good for almost any skill level

|