HELP me with cranks and bottom brackets

Related:
Create New Tag

1/3/2014 1:56 PM

Im a newbie and i was on danscomp about to buy an Odyssey thunderbolt cranks when it said that i need to buy a bottom bracket to have a complete crankset.what is a bottom bracket and do i have to buy one ?.doesn't the cranks come with everything needed to install it to the bike?Why do they all look different and do i have to buy a specific one for the Odyssey cranks?i have a stock subrosa bike,will the bottom bracket on my bike fit the cranks?

|

1/3/2014 2:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/3/2014 2:18 PM

bottom bracket (bb) are the bearings that go into your frame. There are different size bearings for different size crank spindles. The Thunderbolts take 22mm bb, but doesn't come with the cranks, you must buy the bb separately. Also make sure your frame takes 'mid' bb or 'spanish' bb. Most likely mid.
Photo

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

1/3/2014 2:38 PM

Thanks sooo much

|

1/3/2014 2:43 PM

Also make sure you have the proper size sprocket 15/16 bore

|

1/3/2014 10:08 PM

Odyssey Thunderbolts for beginning! WHAAAATTTTTT!??!?!

Photo

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/4/2014 2:08 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Odyssey Thunderbolts for beginning! WHAAAATTTTTT!??!?!

Photo

oh well, at least if he sticks with it he wont need new cranks for a very very long time lolol

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "