HELP primo n4fl

Related:
Create New Tag

5/14/2013 7:30 AM

Anyone know how to put this back together? Took out axle n bearings to replace the bearings and don't know how to put it back together? Bearings in place first then hit through axle? Never done this before and now im flapping.. hELP!

|

5/14/2013 7:31 AM

Bearings pressed in. Then axle. Then guards. Done

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/14/2013 7:32 AM

tomdon wrote:

Bearings pressed in. Then axle. Then guards. Done

Is it really that simple? What about the black thing that has to go inside the hub on centre of axle?

|

5/14/2013 7:34 AM

Photo
This picture pretty much sums up what tomdon said, bearings, axle, guards.
|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/14/2013 7:36 AM

the black bit? Photo

|

5/14/2013 7:39 AM

That's just a spacer that goes in between the two bearing on the axle.
People use the same type of spacers on longboard wheels.

|

5/14/2013 7:40 AM

andyferly wrote:

So when should I hit that onto the axle?

|

5/14/2013 7:45 AM

andyferly wrote:

AlexAintLame wrote:

So when should I hit that onto the axle?

So this is what you're supposed to do step by step.
1) Insert one bearing into the hub shell.
2) Insert the spacer in the hub shell, as alined as possible to the hole of the bearing. (This piece isn't necessary)
3) Insert other bearing closing up the black spacer in between the two.
4) Insert axle through the bearings.
5) Put cone nuts/ hub guards on to the axle.
Done.

|

5/14/2013 7:46 AM

A easier way would be putting one bearing in, passing through the axle with the spacer on it, then insert the other bearing and close the whole thing up with the other guard.

|

5/14/2013 7:52 AM

andyferly wrote:

A easier way would be putting one bearing in, passing through the axle with the spacer on it, then insert the other bearing and close the whole thing up with the other guard.

I can't pass the axle through with the spacer on it because the spacer doesn't fit through the bearings sad the spacer is tight it doesn't just slide onto the axle it's a brute force and ignorance job haha. Sorry for sounding like an absolute noob, I prefer riding bikes not fixing them!

|

5/14/2013 7:55 AM

andyferly wrote:

AlexAintLame wrote:

I can't pass the axle through with the spacer on it because the spacer doesn't fit through the bearings sad the spacer is tight it doesn't just slide onto the axle it's a brute force and ignorance job haha. Sorry for sounding like an absolute noob, I prefer riding bikes not fixing them!

The spacer can't pass though the bearings because it's the size of the bearing it's self (the inside).
I would say ignore the spacer and just put it together.
In skateboarding the concept is exactly the same and no one uses it.

If you really want the spacer then get some grease and slide it on the axle the put the second bearing on the other side closing everything up and finish up putting the guard on.

|

5/14/2013 7:57 AM

Put one cone on the axel, then a bearingthen insert it, put the other bearing on, then other cone, and tighten it down to your gorks

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/14/2013 8:48 AM

ahh im losing my temper sad
Hammered the spacer on and now it's like this. I cant get it any further down the axle now take it off, its stuck... anything I can do to salvage this delicate operation?Photo

|

5/14/2013 9:02 AM

there is so much fail in this threaad

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

5/14/2013 9:05 AM

Vice grips will fix that.

|

5/14/2013 9:11 AM

king_swag wrote:

there is so much fail in this threaad

Shup, like I said im a complete noob to this. I managed to get it on a little bit more using some ingenuity. Does the spacer need to move freely? The fact that iv had to initiate tank mode wont effect the 'smoothness' or anything? Photo

|

5/14/2013 9:13 AM

No it doesn't need to spin freely

|

5/14/2013 9:42 AM

tomdon wrote:

No it doesn't need to spin freely

Cheers man I appreciate your help! Any tips on getting the bearings into place evenly? I don't have a proper press is there any improvisation i could do?

|

5/14/2013 9:47 AM

Read what I posted

Cone, bearing, hubshell, bearing, cone. Then put it on your forks to tighten Down your bearings

|

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/14/2013 9:52 AM

ahhh sorry i missed that, cheers dude!. Appreciate all the replies and everyone trying to help. Recently got flairs down so if any of you want some tips on them then get in touch haha, im like a female when it comes to fixing my bike, puncture repairs test me.

|

5/14/2013 10:01 AM

Haha. Hell yeah, post a how to for flairs, I'm debating on going upside down for once

|

5/14/2013 10:06 AM

future FBM wrote:

Haha. Hell yeah, post a how to for flairs, I'm debating on going upside down for once

Haha a vid will be going up soon, the weathers so shit by me so i haven't been able to ride for the past week plus i have exams with uni... I rode about 4 years ago here's a vid of my attempts then.

&list=UUG5SwS35Tj6c8tXtDguM4TQ&index=4 Basically what i was doing wrong there was no tucking, when you tuck the bike comes round in such a consistent motion it's weird.... The most important part of the flair is telling yourself to do a backflip, it loops you around perfectly and you sort of turn out of instinct.
|