Half link chains

Related:
Create New Tag

6/27/2015 6:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/27/2015 7:16 AM

I'm getting another bike just for looks. No tricks. Im wondering if a gusset half link chain is ok to cruise on without the cautiousness of breaking. Ive seen many bad reviews on half link chains but also good ones, but i think half link chains look better in my opinion. And the only purple half link chain i could find was a gusset....

|

6/27/2015 8:41 AM

Youre not gonna break it, especially if it just cruising

Heres another purple halflink

|

6/27/2015 8:46 AM

mr.GoodBAR wrote:

Youre not gonna break it, especially if it just cruising

Heres another purple halflink

Thanks!

|

6/27/2015 8:52 AM

Half link chains are really strong. To me a half link is stronger than a full link, but that is just because I have a Shadow Interlock V2 Supreme cold forged chain.

Phew what a sentence.

Yeah half links look away better than full links on a BMX. My opinion.

If it breaks, then you're fine, it won't be in the middle of a trick anyway.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

6/27/2015 10:22 AM

I have a shadow interlock V2 which isn't the same as the shadow supreme halflink (i actually have both of them).

when i first installed my interlock v2 it stretched, and I had to re-adjust my back wheel. Then it streched more, then I readjusted more. It streched even more, then i cut another link off. It's been several months since then and I haven't had any more problems with it.

|

6/27/2015 10:37 AM

Buying a bike to look at it.

That seems logical.

If it's going to spend more time on your couch and Instagram, it doesn't fucking matter what parts you're going to buy.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

6/27/2015 10:44 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Buying a bike to look at it.

That seems logical.

If it's going to spend more time on your couch and Instagram, it doesn't ...more

Yep it's my fuckin choice dick. Just because i'm not going to go to a park with it doesn't mean i can't cruise with friends as a nice casual bike.

|

6/27/2015 12:43 PM

Still_Active wrote:

Yep it's my fuckin choice dick. Just because i'm not going to go to a park with it doesn't mean i can't cruise with friends as ...more

Then go to Walmart and get the cheapest bike.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

6/27/2015 1:46 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Buying a bike to look at it.

That seems logical.

If it's going to spend more time on your couch and Instagram, it doesn't ...more

Still_Active wrote:

Yep it's my fuckin choice dick. Just because i'm not going to go to a park with it doesn't mean i can't cruise with friends as ...more

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Then go to Walmart and get the cheapest bike.

NO! Don't do that... Buy the most elite custom you can spend your hard earned dollars on. One of two outcomes will happen.

1.) your casual bikeride won't stay casual.
2.) you'll wind up selling on craigslist for $250 to someone who can't afford a badass custom.

Either way, it will get ridden. Win Win IMHO

|

6/27/2015 4:53 PM

Love my 1664 half link chains

|

6/28/2015 12:09 AM

Why would you need a chain on a bike you won't ride anyway?

Build it up, take pictures, tear it down.
Chains are annoying to move around.

They are either too long or too short for your next "cruise" bike.

Just take pictures and photoshop your chain in.

Count the "likes" on instagram.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
.
.
.
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

6/28/2015 12:20 AM

one try kid wrote:

Why would you need a chain on a bike you won't ride anyway?

Build it up, take pictures, tear it down.
Chains are annoying to ...more

Why r u guys talking s***? If someone can afford a cruise bike than f** it.. Theyr doin better than u. He said he's gonna ride it W his friends that's tight. Don't be jelly

|

6/28/2015 12:32 AM

mr.GoodBAR wrote:

Why r u guys talking s***? If someone can afford a cruise bike than f** it.. Theyr doin better than u. He said he's gonna ride ...more

For the same reason we can say "shit" on the internet.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

6/28/2015 12:36 AM

one try kid wrote:

Why would you need a chain on a bike you won't ride anyway?

Build it up, take pictures, tear it down.
Chains are annoying to ...more

mr.GoodBAR wrote:

Why r u guys talking s***? If someone can afford a cruise bike than f** it.. Theyr doin better than u. He said he's gonna ride ...more

Xxohioanxx wrote:

For the same reason we can say "shit" on the internet.

Alright tough guy

|

6/28/2015 12:41 AM

one try kid wrote:

Why would you need a chain on a bike you won't ride anyway?

Build it up, take pictures, tear it down.
Chains are annoying to ...more

mr.GoodBAR wrote:

Why r u guys talking s***? If someone can afford a cruise bike than f** it.. Theyr doin better than u. He said he's gonna ride ...more

Xxohioanxx wrote:

For the same reason we can say "shit" on the internet.

It's either going to be:
freedom of speech.
This is my art.
it's called FREE STYLE for a reason.

Or because they have fat tires, pedal slow, have no brakes, smoke too much weed and can't figure out why everyone wlse doesn't have the exact same setup as theirs BECAUSE IT'S OBVIOUSLY THE BEST EVAR

|

6/28/2015 1:13 AM

mr.GoodBAR wrote:

Why r u guys talking s***? If someone can afford a cruise bike than f** it.. Theyr doin better than u. He said he's gonna ride ...more

First time i heard someone said i'm jelly because i can't afford a cruise bike. lol

You don't need the strongest half-link for a "cruise" bike.

I bet he's getting oil-slick freecoaster for his "cruise" bike or a profile elite or zcoaster since he can afford it.

Just call it a "swaggie pose" bike, you're giving real cruiser bikes a bad name.

Oh yeah, i'm jelly as fuck man....

As for advice, get the new shadow interlock supreme chain, for max swag.
They're the most expensive halflink in dan's, since you can afford it.
that's the idea right?

Don't forget to post a bike check. Everyone will suck your e-peen.
I got dibs.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
.
.
.
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

6/28/2015 1:28 AM

one try kid wrote:

Why would you need a chain on a bike you won't ride anyway?

Build it up, take pictures, tear it down.
Chains are annoying to ...more

mr.GoodBAR wrote:

Why r u guys talking s***? If someone can afford a cruise bike than f** it.. Theyr doin better than u. He said he's gonna ride ...more

one try kid wrote:

First time i heard someone said i'm jelly because i can't afford a cruise bike. lol

You don't need the strongest half-link ...more

E peen? I didn't understand a word u said tha whole time.
But nah. Sall good bro. I got the shadow chain n its sickkk lemme tell u..
MAJOOR SWAG

I'm just saying,. Don't " hate" it makes u look bad

|

6/28/2015 1:50 AM

mr.GoodBAR wrote:

E peen? I didn't understand a word u said tha whole time.
But nah. Sall good bro. I got the shadow chain n its sickkk lemme ...more

Who's hating?

Just giving legit swag advice.

Don't understand a word?
Stay in school.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
.
.
.
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

6/28/2015 4:53 AM

Idk man I've been twisted all nite..
Ur comment just sounded like some dumb s***

Whateva one try stay swaggy

|

6/28/2015 6:54 AM

This is retarded, if you want a good cruise bike get a 24 or a 26.

Then again, swag and approval from the internet is pretty important....

|

6/28/2015 8:15 AM

He doin it for the followers.

IMO, you wouldn't break any chain just by cruising.
Am I the only one who likes to see scratches, wear marks, etc. on my bike?

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

6/28/2015 5:48 PM

neophyte16 wrote:

He doin it for the followers.

IMO, you wouldn't break any chain just by cruising.
Am I the only one who likes to see ...more

It's not a bike i'll post. im getting another bike because i just want a nice bike that i can keep for a long time and not get any scratches or rust. it's just for my pleasure. half link chains look the best. i never had one before, so the bad reviews i have seen made me skeptical about getting one. im not going to argue on the internet, but thanks Mr. GoodBAR for the good review and comment man

|

6/28/2015 6:02 PM

This is fucking stupid

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/28/2015 6:54 PM

Still_Active wrote:

It's not a bike i'll post. im getting another bike because i just want a nice bike that i can keep for a long time and not get ...more

"Not get any scratches"

Photoshop images of all the parts together. Free and no scratches ever.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

6/28/2015 7:13 PM

Still_Active wrote:

It's not a bike i'll post. im getting another bike because i just want a nice bike that i can keep for a long time and not get ...more

Yeah man. I've only had one chain snap on me n it was nothing it was while I was pedaling .. It was an old full link.

|

6/28/2015 8:25 PM

Not sorry.. This is probably the dumbest thread I've seen in a long time.

You want ANOTHER bike JUST to cruise around with friends... Why? Why not just save that money for other things or upgrade your current bike? Why do you need another bike solely to ride with friends, why not just use your current bike? Why waste the money on a good bmx bike when it's never gonna get ridden?

|

6/28/2015 8:43 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Not sorry.. This is probably the dumbest thread I've seen in a long time.

You want ANOTHER bike JUST to cruise around with ...more

U got a good point.
Butt I don't care what this guy does. I answered his question n that it.. At least he's gonna put more $ into the BMX industry

|

6/28/2015 11:51 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Not sorry.. This is probably the dumbest thread I've seen in a long time.

You want ANOTHER bike JUST to cruise around with ...more

My current bike is a redline. im getting a custom sunday. and so what its my money. why does it concern you? and i dont care about a "thread," i didnt know if half link chains were good so i had to find a random site and ask in the forum. i just made this account. i can buy two more bikes if people like asking so many questions about what im going to do with them.

|

6/28/2015 11:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/28/2015 11:58 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Not sorry.. This is probably the dumbest thread I've seen in a long time.

You want ANOTHER bike JUST to cruise around with ...more

Just because im getting it to mainly cruise doesnt mean im not ever going to take it to a park or something. all these comments act like im going to buy it and sit the shit in storage for years or somethin. BMX bikes are fucking amazing and everyone knows it, this site is fuckin called vitalbmx. why cant i get a nice bike instead of always seeing one around town or online when i can have my own. again its my choice, i didnt mean to argue with so many people and still more people commenting. it was a simple question that i thought know one was going to answer on a random site

|

6/29/2015 1:37 AM

If someone is hyped to get on a BMX bike let him cruise around and be happy . We all started out like that . A half link chain would be fine , been beating my stock one up and it's still fine. Cruising is no worries for any parts besides tires really . Get a bike you enjoy and have fun !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short