Half pipes

Related:
Create New Tag

2/10/2014 8:28 AM

today i just found a new sweet 4-5 feet high half pipe near my neighbourhood
i have never got on a half pipe before
so i tried it and i started making my way up pretty fast (by doing the hop 180 where you lift your both tires at the same time)
However when I get really close to the top i get scared and just bail or slide down or jump off the bike.....
How do you get over that fear? I dont even know from what I am scared...
by the way the ramp is narrow (its not wide) and sometimes i just underrotate and go to the side, do you think it will be easier on a wider ramp (i know one wider, but its also bigger and 7-8 feet high)
any help will be appreciated smile

|

YO

2/10/2014 8:44 AM

It happens to me, but with a 8ft one. That shit is fucking huge, and if you dont go really fast you cant even go up it.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/10/2014 8:52 AM

8 feet isn't soo bad. I ride a ten foot ramp at my local park. Start by just carving the ramp and work you way up. I can't be of to much help though because i have only aired a few inches above coping.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

2/10/2014 8:53 AM

Just keep working on 180 . Get use to the flow of the halfpipe.and your landings are very important? Watch tons of how to video's. . Work your way to the top,feel comfortable when you 180 that takes some fear away?? Photo

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

2/10/2014 8:57 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

8 feet isn't soo bad. I ride a ten foot ramp at my local park. Start by just carving the ramp and work you way up. I can't be ...more

I dont think that its the best thing to learn on. It was my first and unique time in a skatepark aswell.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/10/2014 9:33 AM

It's best to learn on lower ones and to do hop 180s, but once you get used to it, you'll find it so much easier to go higher on bigger ramps if you go straight up and let the ramp do the work. There's a 7ft halfpipe at my local park and I o straight up and all I have to do is turn when I'm in the air.

|

2/10/2014 9:57 AM

Brian_Griffin wrote:

Just keep working on 180 . Get use to the flow of the halfpipe.and your landings are very important? Watch tons of how to ...more

how should I land?

|

YO

2/10/2014 10:52 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

It's best to learn on lower ones and to do hop 180s, but once you get used to it, you'll find it so much easier to go higher ...more

Good advice, thanks.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/10/2014 11:36 AM

And how do you stay in line with the coping instead of flying out onto the deck when you air out of the half pipe?

|

YO

2/11/2014 8:34 AM

and also is it better to have my tires pumped up or not so much?

|

YO

2/11/2014 9:01 AM

dfdont ba a b....

|

wallride a bus everyday

2/11/2014 9:06 AM

Watch this, it'll help.

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding