Handelbar Help

Related:
Create New Tag

8/10/2013 8:47 PM

Ok so my bars feel to low for me like i can do tricks and whatever but its hurts my back after a while of riding so I'm thinking about getting new bars. Right now i have 8.5 Primo bars with a Fit bf stem so my question is if i went to 8.7 and got a Fit high top stem would there be a noticeable difference or should i look at getting a taller rise bar and I'm 5' 9" but I'm probably gonna grow a little cuz I'm 15

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

8/10/2013 9:06 PM

And i know most people would say suck it up but my bikes my main transportation so I'm on it for like 3 hours a day everyday doing whatever so it gets old after a while.

|

My Fit

8/10/2013 9:12 PM

Keep the stem, get S&M Credence if you want 8.7" bars because those have more upsweep than the average bar, which will be a little more comfortable.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

8/10/2013 10:31 PM

Will I feel a noticeable difference with just going one size up on my bars?

|

My Fit

8/10/2013 11:10 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Will I feel a noticeable difference with just going one size up on my bars?

What do you mean by one size? I just switched back to my Cult Leader V2s today and I was running Fit Mac bars. From 8.75 to 8.25, the upsweep and backsweep meant a lot. I rode the Cult and Fit bars fine till I traded for Directors and I had to use like 20mm worth of spacers and I was just never used to the super steep front end considering I'm only like 5'2" max.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/11/2013 12:01 AM

Sorry i should have made that a bit clearer. I mean since most handlebars go up in .20 or .25 in between each size so what I'm saying is if i get the same Primo Samsquanch bars that i have but in a 8.7 instead of my 8.5 will i feel the difference or am i better off going straight up to a 9 inch rise (that's the biggest they come in)

|

My Fit

8/11/2013 12:15 AM

U used to ride 8.5 bars and they were way to small for me I'm like 6"2 and now I got 9.5 bars and there perfect. maybe u just need like 9" bars

|

8/11/2013 12:23 AM

Ya I just don't wanna waist my money and buy 8.7 bars and put them on and realize there still to small.

|

My Fit

8/11/2013 12:32 AM

Yah I went from 8.25 to 8.50 and I was stupid to think there would be a difference. Wasted $70 and had to get bigger bars.Just go for 9 or 9.5 maybe. From 8.5 to 8.7 is really nothing

|

8/11/2013 6:13 AM

How tall are you?

How is your bike set up?

Your body position on the bike might explain the sore back more than just bar height

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

8/11/2013 11:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/11/2013 11:23 AM

I'm 5' 9" and I'm still growing.
My bars are set up slightly back so if I'm looking directly down at the bars the crossbar is rite in the middle of my the clamp part on my stem if that makes any sense lol.
And my position i am bent over just enough so i can get a good grip on the bars.

|

My Fit

8/11/2013 11:12 AM

doUevenLIFTbro? wrote:

Yah I went from 8.25 to 8.50 and I was stupid to think there would be a difference. Wasted $70 and had to get bigger bars.Just go for 9 or 9.5 maybe. From 8.5 to 8.7 is really nothing

Ya I'll probably end up getting 9's and if there too big or small i can get a new stem with a different rise because I want a different stem anyways.

|

My Fit

8/11/2013 11:40 AM

Keep the BF Stem & get Terrible One 8.85" Handle Bars.. They are doing a run of American made ones that will finally offer a Chrome option! Shouldn't be too long now!! smile

|