Handlebar related accident

Related:
Create New Tag

11/13/2017 12:47 PM

Anyone else have any of these? One time I was manualing and a rock hit my back tire so I tried to move my bars to adjust but I went over and my bars were sideways and went right into my groin, inches away from my dick.

|

11/13/2017 12:50 PM

Good thing it was a small target...

|

11/13/2017 1:42 PM

When I was younger, I was riding trails one day. Learning x ups, I didn't get the bars back all the way and the bars got me right in the gut. I still have a circular scar on my stomach from no bar ends, and I shit blood for the next couple days, like obscene amounts of blood. It was scary, but eventually stopped.

|

11/13/2017 1:48 PM

I tried to grind a peg height flat rail last year and I somehow missed my back peg and slid to the end of the rail where my back peg caught and stopped my bike, ejecting my upper body forward and bruising my ribs on my crossbar… not fun but more embarrassing I fucked up on a little rail like that

|

11/13/2017 1:57 PM

Joe Breslin wrote:

Anyone else have any of these? One time I was manualing and a rock hit my back tire so I tried to move my bars to adjust but I went over and my bars were sideways and went right into my groin, inches away from my dick.

Yes, my pelvis hurt for a long time and many people including a small child and mother saw my penis...

Luckily it was so small it was basically like seeing a vagina.

|

11/13/2017 2:02 PM

I was doing a nice manual just cursing and when j went to put the wheel down I put it down with my bars sideways and my face just slammed the concrete and I broke my two front teeth out... I was teeth less the whole summer and it SUCKED...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

11/13/2017 2:07 PM

I done an X up over a ghetto jump box, got it over clicked and couldn't pull it back. It scared the shit out of me but I wasn't hurt at all

|

11/13/2017 2:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/13/2017 3:32 PM

Was trying to one hand hop up a curb and my bars sort of went sideways and jammed my bar end into my ribs creating a really dark bruise on my left moob. Fucking hurt but it's a really funny memory none the less

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

11/13/2017 4:15 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Ha

|

11/13/2017 4:16 PM

Yeah I blew over a stair set then crashed into a wall that I thought I'd be able to avoid...sent my bar end right into my chest. That sucked a lot, hurt to breathe for days.

|

11/13/2017 6:29 PM

Dennis Mccoy "DMC" got wrecked by a pair of bars pretty bad when he and Hoffman collided on a vert ramp. There is footage of it and the hospital etc on youtube I believe.

|

11/13/2017 8:13 PM

First day

Later that evening

A week or so later

it sucked. My bigger fear was that it almost took out my left nut. The bruising felt pretty much like a third testicle. Anyways, I healed and went back to riding after like 2 months.

|

11/13/2017 8:28 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Well fuck me, I really set you up for that one

|

11/13/2017 8:30 PM

thairishguy wrote:

First day

Later that evening

A week or so later

it sucked. My bigger fear was that it almost took out my left nut. The bruising felt pretty much like a third testicle. Anyways, I healed and went back to riding after like 2 months.

I had basically the same thing except small

|

11/13/2017 8:39 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Joe Breslin wrote:

Well fuck me, I really set you up for that one

Sorry... Gotta swing at the lobs over the plate. I couldn't resist.

|

11/14/2017 6:48 AM

Ouch, only thing I've done is cut my gut after cutting my bars not putting bar ends and trying out barspins.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

11/14/2017 10:35 AM

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

Ouch, only thing I've done is cut my gut after cutting my bars not putting bar ends and trying out barspins.

This was the reason I quit riding in 1995. I had an old piece of shit mongoose frame and god knows what other components. I was kinda the broke kid with the broken bike but I was fast, strong and could get up in the air.

We had about a 5 foot dirt berm with a nice launch carved out of it and were hitting that for a while. I went up, went for a bar spin, shirt got caught in the left side of my bars and down I went. No bar ends.

I basically was core-sampled in my gut. Put a nice, perfectly round 1" hole in my stomach and it looked like someone branded me.

That was it for me. My entire side turned blue. Went to the hospital and they basically couldn't do much but stitch up the outside of the wound. The rest of the healing process was basically deal with the pain of the worst puncture wound of your life.

Bar ends for life now.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

11/14/2017 8:35 PM

Bar Snap on Vital BMX

One reason to get a bike with a crossbar.
|

11/15/2017 6:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/15/2017 6:22 AM

sean_gillis wrote:

Bar Snap on Vital BMX

Dude that was insane! How did that happen?

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

11/15/2017 6:12 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Ahah

|

11/15/2017 6:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/15/2017 9:24 PM

sean_gillis wrote:

Bar Snap on Vital BMX

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Dude that was insane! How did that happen?

They were aluminum bars so I'm pretty impressed that they lasted me two and a half years.

|

11/15/2017 10:20 PM

Once I was about to grind some concrete ledge down some stairs and I bunnyhopped way too much and my front peg landed 2 inches from the very end of it, and the peg stuck to the concrete, and since there was no more ledge left, the front wheel flipped to the left (I grind on the right side), and I got the old bar to the gut. But since I was coming fast, I flipped over with my stomach being the only thing touching my bike now, and slam!, flat on the ground on my back, literally not breathing. I really thought I was gonna die cause it took me a while to be able to catch a breath again!

|

11/16/2017 8:40 AM

Tomorrow will be 16 years to the date since my cut bar ends almost killed me. Cheers.

|

11/18/2017 2:47 PM

Do not , ever, ride without bar ends..
This kid at the skatepark crashed, and his handlebar stabbed him in his stomach. He ripped a large opening in his digestive tract that caused gastric fluids to seep through the lining of his stomach and into his other organs. The resulting infection almost killed him. He quit riding after that.. . Sad

|

11/18/2017 2:51 PM

|

My Sunday Soundwave Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork" - grumpySteve

11/18/2017 6:43 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Holy shit I felt that through the screen

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT