Handlebars

Related:
Create New Tag

9/1/2018 2:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2018 2:14 PM

So I want to ride a taller bar and the look of topload stems piss me off (no offense m8s frontload for life) so I think I'm going to switch to a big ridiculous bar and fl. I'm currently running a 8.6 and 33mm rise strm my fl stem is about 5mm? I dunno.

So I'm thinking about getting a 9.25-10 inch bar. The issue is they're all so wide. Which sucks. I ride 26-27 inch bars and want room to hold and catch barspins. Any idea of bars with 3-4 degree upsweep and a smaller box?

So far I like the volume captain bars in 9.5 the best even though they're only 2 upsweep or t1 rubens/ mutiny combs but the damn box looks huge.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

9/1/2018 2:18 PM

I thought low bars were your thing. How comes you want bigger bars.

|

9/1/2018 2:24 PM

fentski wrote:

I thought low bars were your thing. How comes you want bigger bars.

Yeah low bars I've ridden for years especially when I was really into hop whips and tailwhips in general. But I've had a bad back for years also riding a longer frame now. When I rode 20.5 i could ride smaller bars more comfortably. It just depends on the set up really. Now all i do is ride around and do grinds, barspins and spins haha.

I still stand by the whole 9.75+ 12mm of spacers and a 35mm rise stem is shit though. If I were riding topload I'd ride my 8.2 t1s or 8.5 bars still haha

|

9/1/2018 2:35 PM

The WTP Index has the highest rise I’ve seen in a FL stem at 16mm. Also the Eclat Chocolate bars are a smaller box design and are 27.75 wide but only 9 rise.

|

9/1/2018 2:37 PM

jbales wrote:

The WTP Index has the highest rise I’ve seen in a FL stem at 16mm. Also the Eclat Chocolate bars are a smaller box design and ...more

Yeah I've seen those bars. I have a mutiny lifted fl in my garage somewhere but I cant find it haha I've thought about the bars

|

9/1/2018 2:47 PM

jbales wrote:

The WTP Index has the highest rise I’ve seen in a FL stem at 16mm. Also the Eclat Chocolate bars are a smaller box design and ...more

Four wrote:

Yeah I've seen those bars. I have a mutiny lifted fl in my garage somewhere but I cant find it haha I've thought about the ...more

They’re a mid schoolers dream in a world of ridiculous width bars.

|

9/1/2018 2:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2018 2:51 PM

Can’t go wrong with S&M Perfect 10 bars. Had mine since 2016. I agree with ya on wide bars. Used to run them stock at 30” wide, and looking back, that was ridiculous, lol. I’ve since cut them down to 27” and they’re prime. I run spacers and a topload so I’m almost standing upright on my 20.5” frame.

They felt just fine after I cut them down with the 1.5 degrees upsweep and 11 backsweep.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

9/1/2018 2:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2018 3:02 PM

The t1 Ruben's have a nice shape to em though, wide radius bends look so much better than these almost square box bars. Bsd look good too. They look more in proportion imo. And I bet you can still cut em short. My t1 classics are cut quite a bit (I've never measured them though) and I still hold just before the bend (I like my thumb on the metal, right on the bend)
The fly central stem adds a bit of rise. Bit odd looking, but nice odd imo

|

9/1/2018 3:06 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Can’t go wrong with S&M Perfect 10 bars. Had mine since 2016. I agree with ya on wide bars. Used to run them stock at 30” ...more

I'd probably get the bsds or macs since the perfect 10s weigh as much as a frame aha.

|

9/1/2018 6:28 PM

Custom London bikes bars my man

|

It’s all bmx

9/1/2018 6:34 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

I want some custom bars haha. Solid used to do them

I might end up getting animal foursomes in 9 or 9.5 or the gt classic 4 piece in 9.125

|

9/1/2018 7:06 PM

I'm running 9.5 with a frontload S&M Shredneck and I love it

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/1/2018 7:32 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I'm running 9.5 with a frontload S&M Shredneck and I love it

The frontload stems look so good. I've never really liked topload. I think I'm going to go with gt or animal bars. They seem like you can cut them down to 27ish. I'm just not sure if I want 9, 9.125 or 9.5

|

9/1/2018 7:35 PM

I second the Eclat Chocolate bar...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/1/2018 7:55 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I second the Eclat Chocolate bar...

Yeah I like those I just wish they had more upsweep. We shall see

|

9/1/2018 10:04 PM

I did the exact same thing for the exact same reason and I ended up hating it. I went from 8.66" tall to 9.75" still with a front load, and most things felt good but some things felt really weird, and tailwhips became much harder to stay over.

they also didn't help my back either, didn't hurt it or make it worse though. ended up putting my smaller bars back on

|

9/1/2018 10:57 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I did the exact same thing for the exact same reason and I ended up hating it. I went from 8.66" tall to 9.75" still with a ...more

You should try like some 9" or 9.25"... i think going from 8.66" to 9.75" is a little too drastic ..

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/1/2018 11:17 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

You should try like some 9" or 9.25"... i think going from 8.66" to 9.75" is a little too drastic ..

I flipped my stem for a little and measured shit and it was basically the equivalent of riding 9.35" or something rise which I kind of liked so I thought I'd like even more rise and that would help, I was wrong.

I just got new bars the other day (9" rise) because I'm pretty sure my 8.66" ones were starting to crack, and also funny enough were bent to hell and I didn't even know. they're 4° upsweep and so are the new ones I got but they felt way more up... held my old bars up to them and sure enough they might as well have be 1° upsweep bars or something now
haha

|

9/2/2018 10:26 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I did the exact same thing for the exact same reason and I ended up hating it. I went from 8.66" tall to 9.75" still with a ...more

That was originally why I didnt keep my 9 inch bars it made tailwhips a lot harder but now idk because I dont do whips anymore really. I can still do them on a hip but meh lol. I liked my 8.6 with a topload (mutiny lifted) but shit that thing is ugly lmao. I'm thinking about just getting united supreme 4 piece in 9 and ride those with a fl since they're animal and gt clones. A lot of options and bar and frame geo is most important.

|

9/2/2018 10:49 AM

Four wrote:

I'd probably get the bsds or macs since the perfect 10s weigh as much as a frame aha.

Ahh right, forgot you had a lightweight build. smile

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

9/2/2018 11:08 AM

I'd definitely go for 9.5 instead of anything smaller because you want a higher front end , it should be noticeable . If you're gonna shell out a bunch of cash for like a quarter of an inch rise , you're wild lol . Trust me on mlmy 9.5 and a topload suggestion . I'm running it with high headset spacers and shit and I love it . So if yours anything lower than mine , which it probably is , as my cap is like an 9mm rise or something , you'll enjoy it

|

My Cult 2 Short

9/2/2018 11:13 AM

Eclat chocolate bar come in 9 or 10 27.5 wide .
Better than chopper width anyday

|

Follow on instagram will follow back.
brandonmorris_

9/2/2018 2:00 PM

Merritt Brad Simms Bars 1-Up (9.5) and S&M Fu Bar (10). Best bars I've rode to date

|

9/2/2018 2:51 PM

peggiesmalls wrote:

Eclat chocolate bar come in 9 or 10 27.5 wide .
Better than chopper width anyday

I looked for the 10s but can only find 9 but yeah for sure bars over 28 are just useless imo unless you have extremely broad shoulders. Mine are already wider than most and I ride 26.5 usually.

|

9/2/2018 2:52 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Ahh right, forgot you had a lightweight build. smile

I did aha. It's gotten quite a bit heavier I just dont want super heavy bars because I don't like my barspins to feel sluggish.

|

9/2/2018 2:56 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I'd definitely go for 9.5 instead of anything smaller because you want a higher front end , it should be noticeable . If ...more

Yeah I do want it to be noticable but not too much that it hurts my 360 height and such. Animals come in 9.5 and gts come in 9.8. I don't think I could do all that with a topload haha. I could ride my 8.7s but I also want more upsweep since 1 and 1.5 are hurting my wrists

|

9/2/2018 3:29 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

Four wrote:

I might end up getting animal foursomes in 9 or 9.5 or the gt classic 4 ...more

Get the GT bars..I bought a pair off someone on here and they are awesome ..could easily cut to 26.5..mine are at 27 Photo

|

9/2/2018 4:01 PM

NateBrown62 wrote:

Get the GT bars..I bought a pair off someone on here and they are awesome ..could easily cut to 26.5..mine are at 27 Photo

Thanks for the info! I want those what size are yours and could post a few pics of them on your bike like from the front and shit? And do they make the front end feel super heavy? I want those the most probably tbh.

|

9/2/2018 4:04 PM

Four wrote:

I might end up getting animal foursomes in 9 or 9.5 or the gt classic 4 ...more

NateBrown62 wrote:

Four wrote:

Thanks for the info! I want those what size are yours and could post a few pics of them on your bike like from the front and ...more

The weight isn't bad at all..they are fairly lighter than the s&m fubar..I switched from 10" bad raider bars that weighed 1.9lbs and these didn't take much getting used to the weight..I'll take some pics for ya

|

9/2/2018 4:19 PM

Eclat chocolate bars do NOT come in 10

|

My Cult 2 Short