Handlebarssssss

Related:
Create New Tag

4/18/2013 10:25 PM

Bars are starting to crack.. Need some help on which bars I should get to replace them.. I get that everyone has their preference, but up until now I've just gotten whatever bars I had available to me haha. I know the wider, the more leverage, and the higher, the easier it is on your back..

but as for backsweep/upsweep, not real sure in that department. Help me figure these things out! right now I'm riding Skavenger Swift bars with a ride of 8", width of 26.75", backsweep of 12° & upsweep of 2°

I'd prefer no smaller than them, but no taller than 9", width isn't an issue since I can always cut them down but I'd prefer no wider than 28"

I like 360ing off of high stuff, wallrides/wallride 180s, manuals/manual 180s, footjam whips, umm idk stuff like that. There's a set of Odyssey GY3 bars in at the shop I work for that are 8.66″ rise, 28″ wide, 12° backsweep & 4° upsweep

Do you guys think those would be okay for me? or is that too much upsweep? I'm not exactly sure about the sweeps, but can too much upsweep be a bad thing? I know more is easier on your wrists but yeah. Sorry for the long post haha

|

4/19/2013 12:18 AM

Yup. Buy my fit Mac bars. They're raw. 8.75 4 upsweep. And barely ridden $40

|

Jade Bike Check
Refs : ninjacat33 ; SuperstarDk ; ecuadevil ; xbikeascammer ;blizzbikes ; tcbmx ; mattjmuldoon@hotmail ;bmx ; Uoykcuf ; BrokenBmx, the balt; Pavimo; bmx-junkie; Fit.Team.Rider' tito24; trentydoo; brendan.magner.9 ;Scramhype ; Jonathan.Vargas ; jared42069; tomdon ; lifeofridden2200; howlerfbm

4/19/2013 12:21 AM

dream wrote:

Yup. Buy my fit Mac bars. They're raw. 8.75 4 upsweep. And barely ridden $40

Tempting. I'll let you know, I can get the GY3s for about the same price since I get it cheaper. I'll see what everyone else says though first. Did you like the upsweep? I'm afraid it'll feel too awkward for some reason but I know my wrists will thank me

|

4/19/2013 12:42 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Tempting. I'll let you know, I can get the GY3s for about the same price since I get it cheaper. I'll see what everyone else ...more

I haven't rode them. Lol. But lately I guess everyone loves 4 upsweep saying its better for their wrist.. I ride cult deathriws. I like them. The macs looks dialed af but too lazy to toss them on.

|

Jade Bike Check
Refs : ninjacat33 ; SuperstarDk ; ecuadevil ; xbikeascammer ;blizzbikes ; tcbmx ; mattjmuldoon@hotmail ;bmx ; Uoykcuf ; BrokenBmx, the balt; Pavimo; bmx-junkie; Fit.Team.Rider' tito24; trentydoo; brendan.magner.9 ;Scramhype ; Jonathan.Vargas ; jared42069; tomdon ; lifeofridden2200; howlerfbm

4/19/2013 1:45 AM

Fit Macs have a very nice geo.
I'm planning on switching my Fly Montana bars for some chrome vultus bars.
Tried both, they feel good.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/19/2013 5:48 AM

Go with some Animal Presidentials.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

4/19/2013 5:48 AM

I LOVE my Federal Drop bars. So good. Light, solid, (chrome too :D ) and the geo of them is awesome. I am rocking 8.5 rise with a front load.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/19/2013 6:09 AM

I love 4 and highier up sweep. But I have dodgy old man wrists

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

4/19/2013 6:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2013 6:57 AM

Buy my Kink badgers : )

But I prefer bigger bars, the Sunday ones sound cool. I want to try something with more upsweep myself. I ride some Cult bars, I have no idea what ones or the size lol. I'm pretty sure they're leaders and like 8.5 by 29 and they're not bad or anything.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/19/2013 7:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2013 7:07 AM

id say stick to some odyssey bars , life time warrenty , id get some double space bars 8.65 rise 28 width (mine done feel like 28 though) 12 backsweep 2 upsweep and you can get them for $49 on dans in silver, orange , or vapor blue (but i mean you could always paint them)

also i had animal bars with 5 upsweep , and yeah it felt nice at first but i honestly didnt like it after a while cause i was so used to lik 2 or 3 upsweep

|

4/19/2013 7:08 AM

justin vogelsberger wrote:

id say stick to some odyssey bars , life time warrenty , id get some double space bars 8.65 rise 28 width (mine done feel like ...more

Most Vapor ship is going on sale. Which sucks. The headset still isn't though, aha.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

4/19/2013 7:09 AM

Never mind, even the headset is on sale now. You better get it before they're gone. They'll never be back again.

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

4/19/2013 7:09 AM

Go colony 24/7 there 8.9 high and about 28 wide great bars I've had mine for a bout 6 mouths no probs

|

ride or die

4/19/2013 7:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2013 7:17 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

Never mind, even the headset is on sale now. You better get it before they're gone. They'll never be back again.

i need to but i neeeeeeeeeeed a bb , so i might never get the headset
and ill need a tire soon once this glh gets fully bald , i have a sitken , i wanna get a matching one but i might trade it for a mtt then put my glh in the back

|

4/19/2013 8:33 AM

i absolutely love my GY3s, lifetime warranty and the upsweep feels nice.

|

4/19/2013 8:36 AM

I have the sunday tall t and I love them, they're solid and the only pair of bars i haven't bent. odyssey gy3 are nice too I'm sure

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

4/19/2013 9:20 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

justin vogelsberger wrote:

i need to but i neeeeeeeeeeed a bb , so i might never get the headset
and ill need a tire soon once this glh gets fully bald , ...more

If I have some extra money when I make my next big order in June, i'll toss it in my cart and send it your way. I know how bad you want it. wink

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

4/19/2013 9:22 AM

I honestly love my primos, & i loved my kink humans when i had em. My friend has montanas & they seem solid also.

|

Refs: Scramhype x3, IRideAFly, Tomdon x2, HateBreeder x2, AndrewPeakmanBMX, TrendyDoo

For faster reply text me at 7024964706

4/19/2013 9:24 AM

I would get dreams Macs. Those bars seem so nice ! Help Dream, & your self to some bars! lol. laughing

|

Refs: Scramhype x3, IRideAFly, Tomdon x2, HateBreeder x2, AndrewPeakmanBMX, TrendyDoo

For faster reply text me at 7024964706

4/19/2013 9:31 AM

You cant go wrong with $40 gy3's. If you dont like them I'll buy them from you ahaha

|

4/19/2013 10:03 AM

I absolutley love my Proper TTXL's, they stand up to anything i throw at them and the withstood a 7 set drop straight on to them

|

Bruh

4/19/2013 11:36 AM

i had demolition open bars and i loved those things

|

roses are red, violets are blue, bikes are red, my dick is red, i cant write poetry, not even gonna lie, bite the pillow, im going in dry - xxohioanxx

4/19/2013 11:52 AM

Federal Lacey Bars
Merritt Brian Foster Bars
S&M Fat Head Bars
Standard Strip Bars

|

4/19/2013 12:01 PM

Vital really needs a multi-quote thing so I can quote everyone & not clutter the page haha.

But thanks for the input everyone, I think I'll get the GY3s. No one really had any complaints about the upsweep other than not being used to it, but that's expected since they're a different geo than what I have now. If I end up hating them I'll just sell them or post em up on here for sale. I'll see if I can ride them out front the shop though before I officially purchase them though.

I'll keep everyones suggestions in mind if I don't like them though. I can probably get Animal Presidentials from warranty, I'm just sketched out cause this is the second pair of Animal(Skavenger) Bars I cracked, Federals were mentioned too. I'll look into them, Standard as well. Might even see if I can get a custom pair made

|

4/19/2013 12:34 PM

The GY3's seem perfect for you to be honest.

|

4/19/2013 1:30 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Vital really needs a multi-quote thing so I can quote everyone & not clutter the page haha.

But thanks for the input ...more

Warranty them, i'll take them bitches for sure! My bars fucking suck.

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

4/19/2013 1:43 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Why's that haha? I kinda like them, I've been eying them up for awhile but never actually needed them

|

4/19/2013 1:44 PM

FreddyDapice wrote:

Warranty them, i'll take them bitches for sure! My bars fucking suck.

If I do, I might keep them as a spare set, or build up a spare parts bike and sell it.. Only need a few more parts haha. I'll let you know though

|

4/19/2013 1:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2013 1:59 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Why's that haha? I kinda like them, I've been eying them up for awhile but never actually needed them

Well, they are 28" so not too wide, under 9" so not too tall, and you seem to go big so the 4 Up will be good for your wrists. OK maybe not perfect but they seem to be what you're looking for.

|

4/19/2013 2:03 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Well, they are 28" so not too wide, under 9" so not too tall, and you seem to go big so the 4 Up will be good for your wrists. ...more

Hmm good point. My wrists don't really hurt when I land, but in the back of my mind right before I land, I'm like fuuuuck this might hurt. Maybe it'll give me peace of mind.

I'll try and see if I like them. If not, I can always sell them I suppose.

|