Hang five

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2018 10:00 AM

Anyone have any tips to do a hang five, I can get the balancing part okay, but how should I get into the position and other tips.

|

2/28/2018 10:09 AM

Getting into it is far easier than balancing. Use your foot to scoop up the bike once your foot is on the peg you can also hop into it but thats a bit harder.

|

Hmmm

2/28/2018 11:08 AM

Edman123 wrote:

Getting into it is far easier than balancing. Use your foot to scoop up the bike once your foot is on the peg you can also hop ...more

If I ride left foot forward, does my left foot go on the peg

|

2/28/2018 11:41 AM

Edman123 wrote:

Getting into it is far easier than balancing. Use your foot to scoop up the bike once your foot is on the peg you can also hop ...more

devlonmiles wrote:

Yes

|

Hmmm

2/28/2018 12:09 PM

Edman123 wrote:

devlonmiles wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

Yes

I'm right foot forward and my left foot goes on the peg for hang fives, but I'm completely goofy footed. Hopefully you aren't?

|

2/28/2018 1:37 PM

I learned them goofy first and then learned them regular. I don't think it matters which way you learn them; I've always found them just as easy either way.

To get into one, if I'm not hopping in, I'll usually put my knee up against the bars beside the stem and use that to push in. I think it's easiest that way.
To hold one, I pick a spot ahead of me and keep looking at it until I get near it and then pick another one; it gives you a goal and it's a good way to figure out your balance.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson