Hang five help?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/14/2014 12:39 AM

So yeah, I get the whole thing but my seat barely touches my ass. I have a 20.5" TT and my seat is slim and fully slammed. I peak max height at like 5'3", and yes, I'm Asian. My buttcrack touches only the front of the seat and that's it, and sometimes my ass will literally just be on the frame. It's actually kind of okay but I was wondering if it would affect me in the long run cause my balance seems okay and I'm getting the hang of it.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/14/2014 12:49 AM

Photo
|

bicycle more like bikecycle

1/14/2014 12:56 AM

Dude, I already gave him like $200 to have him hire me a specialized instructor for teaching hang fives and I still can't get them after a few months!

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

1/14/2014 10:13 AM

Are you trying first the sketchy way to put up the rear wheel or the cool way?

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/14/2014 10:08 PM

T-rider wrote:

Are you trying first the sketchy way to put up the rear wheel or the cool way?

What do you mean? I've been practicing for like 2 or 3 weeks now. Just either trying it from the walk-in position, the shoe dragon walk-in method, and the one where you leave your foot on the peg for a few seconds then kick up. That doesn't matter though. What annoys me is that I'm too short for my seat I guess, even with it fully slammed and having my bike setup up for kids even younger than me..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

1/15/2014 1:36 AM

If your ass isn't touching the seat you don't want it slammed.. You want it higher. I'm too tired to explain why. just try it higher.

Also, try getting the balance right by doing it standing still.

|

1/15/2014 4:10 AM

Zhuxiong wrote:

If your ass isn't touching the seat you don't want it slammed.. You want it higher. I'm too tired to explain why. just try it higher.

Also, try getting the balance right by doing it standing still.

That will be helpfull.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/16/2014 10:27 AM

if you're able to balance it like that then there's no problem..the only reason you want the seat to touch your ass is for control and to keep the frame from swinging to either side

|

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

1/16/2014 9:29 PM

Okay. So I did it but extended my body more and my ass is finally over the seat but I'm short and have problems making my ass contact with the seat. And I still really have trouble bailing. Either one of my leg gets caught or something or the seat gets stuck in from behind my pants. It's like ass rape.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

1/17/2014 9:23 AM

yeah they're not as easy to bail from as nose mani's are.. just make sure you keep the bars straight, if you let them go sideways they'll lock your leg in lol

|

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)