Happy accidents

Related:
Create New Tag

6/10/2013 6:39 AM

There's been a few occasions that when tryin to learn new trix or trying stuff i already know how to do I've accidentally landed or nearly landed a completely different trick, It's fucking awesome.

For example, the other day I was doin a 5tap and at the 360 point was goin for the last 180 part of the rotation which kinda feels like a manual 180 but my feet came off and the bike got away from me but I was still holding the bars and I was in the air and I whipped the bike around and landed with both feet over each side off my bike and if I'd landed on the pedals it would have been a 3 tap to tailwhip, now I'm working on this trick and reakon ill have it no time.

Another time back when I was learning manual 180 I accidentally started pedalling backwards when I landed and it turned into a backwards manual and have been able to do backwards manuals ever since then.

I fucking love it when this kinda thing happens its like you get given a trick for free with out having to pay for it.

This happen to anyone else?

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

6/10/2013 6:50 AM

Tried doing a hop whip on a pyramid and accidently did a nac nac. Now I got them pretty damn dialed.

My friend had the same thing as you. Tried learning 3s on my bike (shorter cs techy bike) compared to his long trail bike, he now has hop whips dialed, but only on my bike. tongue

|

6/10/2013 7:31 AM

180 fullcabby type things thats reqiure alot of tapping around from trying 3 taps

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

6/10/2013 11:51 AM

I gave up on flat 3s but I aqquired 540 cabs, just straight 540 with no pivots. I'm wierd

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

6/10/2013 12:11 PM

trying to 180 pegs a rail ended up a 180 crook. i can now 180 crook and just hop into a crook just fine

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/10/2013 12:25 PM

I've been trying to turbine mega spins (which is MAD hard without a freecoaster right now!) I got round twice! I know its not really a turbined mega spin but its certainly the closest I've ever got & all i was doing was a peg wheelie & tried to turn a little corner in my garden & ended up spinning completely around haha. Once the Flatland bike is built up i will have to try really hard to re-create it haha.

|

6/10/2013 12:29 PM

tomdon wrote:

trying to 180 pegs a rail ended up a 180 crook. i can now 180 crook and just hop into a crook just fine

Another one of the perks to having four pegs eh. Nice one.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

6/10/2013 12:40 PM

Topsey wrote:

I've been trying to turbine mega spins (which is MAD hard without a freecoaster right now!) I got round twice! I know its not ...more

Fair play mate, also bravo to you for having the patience to ride flatland, I got mad respect for flatlanders but its neva appealed to me to actually try it, I guess maybe when I'm too old to ride street ne more I might give it a go, its weird tho cuz like I said I got loadsa respect for that style but I don't even like watching it either I am addicted to street edits tho so nuttin else gets a look in, apart from maybe a good concrete bowl edit.

Nice1 bro btw thanx for that, you know what I mean.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

6/10/2013 1:12 PM

Well I'm 26 this year i have ridden Flatland on & off for about 8 years. I have been given strict instructions by the consultant at the hospital Street is a big no/no. I must admit I'm pretty heart broken about it but it just gives me an excuse to ride Flatland again & put everything into it. I'm sorting out a new Flatland ride right now & hope to have it built by my 26th in October, i know a place i can go ride covered up & almost warm lol. Hopefully there will be a few Indoor Flat Jams in the Winter time & i will head out to those! Also No problem mate, anytime!

|

6/10/2013 4:00 PM

Saw the thread title and thought you where talking about nocturnal emissions

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

6/10/2013 8:55 PM

Was just doing a 360 out of the bowl like i always do and got the 540 spin, now all i need is the rollout.
The very first day i put pegs on i was trying double peg grinds and ended up first learning smiths and right after i tried to double peg again and did a feeble.

|

Support your local bike shop.
Instagram:gobeil4130

6/11/2013 7:50 AM

Tried grizz air on blacktop to grass flyout and learned some one-footed can cans.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

6/11/2013 9:03 AM

tried to learn nothing and learnt nothing.

|

Bruh

6/11/2013 11:17 AM

future FBM wrote:

I gave up on flat 3s but I aqquired 540 cabs, just straight 540 with no pivots. I'm wierd

The thing is you get a lot of momentum from pedaling backwards so that should explain your "weird" case.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

6/11/2013 11:27 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

Shame that wasn't "a nothing air" dem look sick over DJs

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

6/11/2013 12:08 PM

Zach P-D wrote:

This could mean 4 things.

You tried the trick 'Nothing', and landed one.
You tried the trick 'Nothing' and ended up not taking any hands or feet off.
You weren't doing anything, and you didn't learn anything.
And the least likely, you weren't doing anything, but your hands and feet accidentally came off the Bike and you landed with them back on.

|

6/11/2013 12:43 PM

i did a 1440 once 3 tire to 3 tire the whole time it was nuts

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

6/11/2013 12:58 PM

Really similar thing happened to my friend during a contest, he 180ed the spine and had so much momentum fakieing out he whipped and landed the whip with on foot on while the other one still didn't touch the ground.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

6/11/2013 4:28 PM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

i did a 1440 once 3 tire to 3 tire the whole time it was nuts

i call bullshit

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype