Hard BMX Road Trippin' Round 1: Chicago/Wilson Park

Related:
Create New Tag

10/20/2015 10:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/20/2015 10:50 AM

This is the first time I've filmed/edited/been in a video, so I'm hoping to hear some feedback. Obviously not everyone will like it, so be it. This video is the first part of a YouTube series called "Road Trippin'" that we will be working on, we also plan to drop some merchandise along the way. Follow @hard_bmx on instagram and Hard BMX on YouTube for updates on that.

And yes I know there's a lot of filler clips and a line that wasn't landed, but we came up extremely short on footage. The end of the video will explain that.

Hope you guys enjoy the video!

">

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/20/2015 11:29 AM

I'm sad I didn't see any brakes, but looks like a fun time, bummer about the camera lens.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/20/2015 11:31 AM

O SHIT. He had to. LOL

It was alright. I'm not picky.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

10/20/2015 12:03 PM

That's not a great video. I didn't like the music and the B-roll was silly. Same with the bong smoking. It sucked. The riding wasn't that bad but it coulda been less "stoner-gangster"

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

10/20/2015 3:16 PM

-audio from the clips would have been cool

-too much car footage imo

-there were a few shots that were really over exposed

-rolling fisheye clips could have been more smooth and whatnot, but I know how hard filming fisheye from a bike can be. I find it best to keep the foot on the pedal on the side the camera is on and instead of pedalling use the other foot to push the bike. it lets you maintain and speed up more smoothly and isn't as jarring as pedalling

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/20/2015 3:28 PM

Not a bad point to start of at, my suggestions

Less filler clips, don't be afraid to fuck with the song and clip parts out just make it smooth.

Speed up that reaction time, and stay more behind and it could help save your next fisheye.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

10/20/2015 5:08 PM

The only good part was when the camera broke

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop