Haro 200.2 save or sell?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/2/2017 5:07 AM

My buddy has a haro 200.2, but the frame is only 18.5 inches. He wants a new frame, but im not sure if that would be worth it because the bearings are bad, the tires are worn, the fork is part high ten i think, and its pretty old. Thoughts?

|

7/2/2017 5:16 AM

Photo

|

7/2/2017 5:52 AM

He needs to get a fork race for an integrated headset, 19mm bottom bracket, an 8 spline crank spindle and a new sprocket. Only way itd work. Dont know what hes doing about brakes

|

7/2/2017 6:32 AM

Probably more trouble than it's worth. Look around Craigslist and eBay for a second hand custom.

|

7/2/2017 9:53 AM

sell that shit for 100 bucks and get somethin flyyyyy

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

7/2/2017 1:19 PM

Puper Sandas wrote:

My buddy has a haro 200.2, but the frame is only 18.5 inches. He wants a new frame, but im not sure if that would be worth it because the bearings are bad, the tires are worn, the fork is part high ten i think, and its pretty old. Thoughts?

Google the year and check BMX Museum and see what they are saying about the frame.

It's not that old, late 90's early 2000's I gave my son an original Eastern Element 100% bone stock. I thought it might be worth something and it was pretty much only if you happen to find someone who collected them. So, it might have been mint condition and parts all original but it wasn't really worth the original price. I found it at a resale shop for $50, so had to get it

|

7/2/2017 1:26 PM

i had looked at a 200.3 and i passed on it cos i thought there was just too much stuff to upgrade to get it to a decent spec, i think most if not all of it was hi ten, it might have had chromoly cranks but in the end i passed, i did miss out on a 400.3 that went pretty cheap

so in summary if you can sell it and put some cash toward a 2nd hand custom with a decent spec, what age /height is if he is riding a 18.5?

|

7/2/2017 6:43 PM

weegaz22 wrote:

i had looked at a 200.3 and i passed on it cos i thought there was just too much stuff to upgrade to get it to a decent spec, i think most if not all of it was hi ten, it might have had chromoly cranks but in the end i passed, i did miss out on a 400.3 that went pretty cheap

so in summary if you can sell it and put some cash toward a 2nd hand custom with a decent spec, what age /height is if he is riding a 18.5?

5'6" 130lbs

|

7/4/2017 6:43 PM

Puper Sandas wrote: Photo

I had the 200.3 and despite the frame being 100% hi tensile steel it held up well and i rode it for about 3 years. What he could do is buy the profile sealed american bottom bracket kit and the mechanik STI headset off of dans comp. Also a 19mm 8 spline spindle. This way you can have all sealed bearings (besides the hub idk about that) so you wouldnt ever really have to worry about toomuch maintenance. Sealed bearings are alot easier to deal with than unsealed. Its not much work in all honesty all hed have to do is pop out the unsealed bearing cups and press the new ones in with a rubber mallet or a hammer and a block of wood. Some grease is advised as well. This way he can keep using most of his current parts, but have it run super smooth in terms of handling and pedaling. The largest tire size he can most likely run is either 20 x 1.95, 20 x 2.0, 20 x 2.1, or 20 x 2.2. Thats mainly preference and/or if your frame can fit the tires with brakes on. Id say hold on to it for a while longer and in turn save money up for a present bike setup and buy some nice aftermarket parts.

|