Harry Main

Related:
Create New Tag

10/11/2019 5:14 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I think he's a fking idiot who's entirely out for himself. Yeah he can do impressive tricks that I'll never be able to do. But ...more

thesonofsand wrote:

You are everything wrong with bmx right now.

Guessing you don't know about Steve's brand? He had sprockets made and sold them at little to no profit to give back to BMX. The goal was to break even. Seems that is a LOTmore than most people harassing him have done for BMX.

We can all have our opinions on riders etc. Guarantee there is a rider out there that you dislike watching for whatever reasons. I don't really pay attention to most riders specifically these days. If I see a name I recognize, I watch it. If not, I pass over it.

Harry has a huge bag of tricks and was skilled on his bike but kinda wrecked my opinion of him with how hard he was pushing the Mafia bikes-mainly that he was saying they are "soooo good for the money" when they are no better than their counterparts from Diamondback, Mongoose or even Framed. He was even bashing shops and other brands for "not selling direct like Mafia" for a bit-which is about when a lot of people changed their minds about him.

They are a small step over department store bikes and he was talking them up like you were getting the top of the line for 200 bucks, which is simply not true. The Hyper Spinner at Walmart is about the same quality.

As to the attitude Steve brought up, when you watch videos and interviews, you can get a pretty solid feel for a how a person is. You look at guys like Scotty and crew and can tell they are more out for fun than being "better than everyone". You watch Dennis Enarson, Nyquist, and even Spencer Foresman, and the vibe they give off is "this is rad, I am having a blast" and not much more.

Then you watch other people and you get the "You all suck, I am better than you" vibe. I get that from Harry's more recent videos.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/11/2019 10:39 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I think he's a fking idiot who's entirely out for himself. Yeah he can do impressive tricks that I'll never be able to do. But ...more

thesonofsand wrote:

You are everything wrong with bmx right now.

dave lawrence wrote:

Guessing you don't know about Steve's brand? He had sprockets made and sold them at little to no profit to give back to BMX. ...more

We’ve discussed Harry main and mafia far too much on this forum 😂

It’s just his arrogance I don’t like. Drops all of his sponsors, then starts pedalling cheap bikes to kids. Mafia have tried to right a few wrongs by supplying through shops. But you can tell they’re just money hungry from the way they jump on every bandwagon. I think they would’ve died a little while ago if it wasn’t for their wheelie bike range.

At the end of the day, they are a business. But they’ve capitalised on Harry’s influence. They make one half decent bike, which isn’t even competitively priced. Everything else is just trash. Harry found a little niche that got kids interested and done well out of it. But it’s a quick buck for both. Mafia won’t be around forever, and Harry burnt all his bridges.

Unfortunately, I really can’t imagine many kids that got into bmx because of Harry or mafia sticking around.

|

10/12/2019 8:26 AM

I can’t stand the accent so I don’t watch.

|

10/12/2019 9:57 AM

Please don't ever put Scotty in the same category as Harry Mains ass. Scotty is a class fucking act. Harry is a piece of shit.

I remember when I was writing for TCU/No Jumper and he tried to pay Adam to promote Mafia and when Adam politely declined, Harry started saying he was going to "expose" Adam and shit.

Now I know Adam isn't the best person but think about the fact that Adam will take money to promote and play shit music and artists but won't take money to promote Harry and his company. That says alot.

Also, Josh Irvine wouldn't ride for Mafia and hates Harry Main, that should say something too considering he's the nicest guy in BMX imo.

|

10/18/2019 6:36 AM

Can't stand him,can't even finish a project/series on YouTube he's all talk.

But he does have one of the best tabletop/inverts in BMX

|

Follow on instagram will follow back.
brandonmorris_

10/18/2019 10:57 AM

I like Harry Main, he's a bit all over the place but he seems like he'd be fun to hang out with. He has a great ability to ride and his energy is mostly positive, in my opinion.

|

10/18/2019 1:59 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

I like Harry Main, he's a bit all over the place but he seems like he'd be fun to hang out with. He has a great ability to ...more

I gotta agree. Not too familiar with the behind-the-scenes stuff but seems like a good dude from what I've seen in his videos.

He's kind of a throwback to the "extreme sport superstar" that doesn't really seem to exist anymore

|

10/18/2019 5:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2019 5:21 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

I can’t stand the accent so I don’t watch.

Lol, my wife hates when i watch his videos for the same reason. She cant understand a word he says.

|

10/18/2019 5:33 PM

Fokaroka

|

It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult: Seneca