Has anyone learned hop whips without a fly out?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/8/2014 5:17 AM

I don't live near any parks so tricks like hop bars and whips are going to take me forever to learn, I just want to know if it's possible to learn those tricks flat without practice on a ramp.

|

Save the industry

2/8/2014 5:18 AM

barspins won't be much harder, i don't know about tailwhips, but i think they will be quite harder

|

2/8/2014 5:21 AM

Tailwhips could be, but barspins wont be hard. All you need to do es to learn to throw them and catch them and then have the balls to bunnyhop an throw them,

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/8/2014 7:27 AM

I learned hop whips before flyout whips but it took about two months of practice i was just messing around and realised i could probably land one if i actually tried so i just kept at it but its a lot harder to learn things flat than flyout

|

If youre scared go to church

2/8/2014 7:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2014 2:03 PM

I've not landed one yet but I'm getting close, the bike is landing by my side 80% of the time, I've just got to start trying to get my feet on now, took me about 2 months to get it to that stage tho, I've been using a curb cut to get a bit of extra height on the hop not tried them flyout since I was a teenager.

I'll get em this year for sure, I can tell I'm really close, so It can be done, its just going to take a bit longer. But that depends on the person I guess.

So look for a decent curb cut to try em off, that little bit of extra height really helps.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

2/8/2014 8:11 AM

i know someone who leaned flat , but the other 90 percent of the world learned flyout
if u have a flyout u can land one well within a week , but flat will take forever

Bars on the other hand i feel are harder on a flyout because its more commitment ( at least thats what if feels like to me )

|

2/8/2014 8:43 AM

I would just learn them flat. I find flyout harder anyway.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

2/8/2014 9:33 AM

I know loads of people that learnt bars flat, and I know one person who landed whips flat first.

|

2/8/2014 11:33 AM

Yes, for bars. I'm almost there on whips.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

2/8/2014 9:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2014 9:29 PM

I have a bank at my local park. There is 2 . 1 steep one , maybe 6 foot with a steep angle and the other one is more mellow. I was throwing whips out of the steep one last summer , got the rotation all around just never landed it. They're pretty easy if you can the flick right. I basically dog pissed my legs and just used my arms. I throw them goofy footed , so I pushed with my front foot.

All I can say is get a decent speed and just throw it. Sometimes you'll get it right besides you and sometimes you'll dead sailor and fall over the bike , although you can usually just run out of it. I recommend it out of a steeper bank , you can get more speed and less pop is necessary. I haven't landed any yet but if I really tried I could probaly get them in a month.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/8/2014 9:30 PM

barspins yes, whips, no. I learned barspins bunnyhop, didn't learn them out of flyouts until years later.. actually was doing feeble to bars before I ever tried one flyout haha.

whips, can do them flyout but cannot flat still /:

|