Has anyone tried the WTP Logic Rims?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/12/2018 8:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2018 8:45 AM

Just saw them on Dan Kruks Instagram. Turns out they only weigh 16.6oz and are still welded and advertised as being incredibly strong. My suspicion though is that they are super thick single walls but there are no online reviews to confirm it with.
The advertising only says it has an extra thick wall and not double. The picture also shows what looks like the rim tape touching the nipple holes which by default, eliminates the presence of the “chamber” that comes with the double wall design. Logic (pun intended), also tells me that if it were double wall with an extra thick
Wall, then, it would weigh more and not less than the current standard of more/less 18oz.
What think ye all? Has anyone used them that would recommend them?

|

1/12/2018 8:54 AM

i dont know why any company would make aftermarket singe walls..

|

Hmmm

1/12/2018 9:57 AM

They just hit the market so highly doubt anyone on here has them quite yet. Also by checking WTP site you can see they are a doubled walled rim. it would be odd to think that a company involved in new standards(1 1/8 to 1 1/2 HT, 25.4mm Bars) would put out a high end single wall, so not sure why you'd think that. Photo

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

1/12/2018 9:59 AM

It is interesting they offer them in a sleeved or flash welded options. Welded being the stronger of the options.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

1/12/2018 10:21 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

It is interesting they offer them in a sleeved or flash welded options. Welded being the stronger of the options.

Eclats been doing that for years, it's not surprising that WTP would too.

Definitely if you buy a WTP/Eclat rim, get the welded model.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/12/2018 3:35 PM

If it makes you feel better , I’ve seen Jordan Godwin do a feeble hard 540 an upledge in person and under rotate the first one , landed off and biffed it but his bike didn’t even flinch. I ended up talking to him about his prototype bars and he was telling me that he was running these too , although I think he rides the Éclat Ravens now . Pretty confident these will be fine , I ran my Eclats for a long time and treated them like shit , always too tight and never true and they lasted a LONG time .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/12/2018 6:19 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

They just hit the market so highly doubt anyone on here has them quite yet. Also by checking WTP site you can see they are a ...more

thanks.. i couldn't find a picture of a cross section anywhere lol. to answer your question, i thought that cuz like i said the extra wall thickness didn't sound right for how light they were and in the pic it looked like there wasn't a chamber. i see it clearly now though thanks. ill go for these for my next pair of rims for sure.

|