Has this happened to anyone else??

Related:
Create New Tag

3/27/2013 10:06 PM

So today something went wrong with my hub so I took it apart cleaned it regreased it then reassembled it and now it works fine. I dont know what I did but I must have done something right. Has this ever happened before?

|

3/27/2013 10:07 PM

Probably too much grease or something. I don't know but taking parts apart and reinstalling sometimes works.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

3/27/2013 10:10 PM

sometimes dirt gets in the internals and can mess with it. there are tons of things that could have happened. but cleaning and regreasing a hub every now and then never hurts

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)
member of the week 2/22/10 - 2/28/10

3/27/2013 10:12 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

sometimes dirt gets in the internals and can mess with it. there are tons of things that could have happened. but cleaning and ...more

I also lube sealed bearings every couple months. They spin like crazy and die down after a couple of seshes..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

3/27/2013 10:15 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

sometimes dirt gets in the internals and can mess with it. there are tons of things that could have happened. but cleaning and ...more

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I also lube sealed bearings every couple months. They spin like crazy and die down after a couple of seshes..

i wouldnt lube them. lube can break down the grease in them causing problems

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)

3/27/2013 10:18 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

alexnjbmx wrote:

I didn't mean lube. I used silicone oil and it totally killed the grease. Then I have to use Vaseline cause it's the thickest stuff I've got and it works pretty well. I do have white lithium ion grease but it's in a spray can it's kinda liquidy and it makes the bearings spin way too fuckin fast.. So I add that and vaseline.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

3/27/2013 10:20 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

alexnjbmx wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I didn't mean lube. I used silicone oil and it totally killed the grease. Then I have to use Vaseline cause it's the thickest ...more

haha alright that makes more sense. i only use phil wood grease. best stuff in my opinion

|

3/27/2013 10:34 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I didn't mean lube. I used silicone oil and it totally killed the grease. Then I have to use Vaseline cause it's the thickest ...more

alexnjbmx wrote:

haha alright that makes more sense. i only use phil wood grease. best stuff in my opinion

Would anti-seize be good inside sealed bearing?

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

3/27/2013 10:37 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

alexnjbmx wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

only on the bearing races. so where the axle touches the bearing and wheare the hub/frame touches the bearing. dont use it on the actual sealed ball bearing part

|

3/28/2013 8:14 AM

That's pretty much normal routine, hubs require maintenance.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

3/28/2013 9:17 AM

andyferly wrote:

Thats what I figured but didn't know if everyone does it or if it needs to be done every once in a while.

|

3/28/2013 9:32 AM

the last time something went wrong with my hub was when i regreasing the driver for maintance and when i put it on and i strted to put a lot of pressure on my cranks it would skip so loud that you would shit yourself so much. well thats what i get for a stock hub

|

3/28/2013 9:35 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

alexnjbmx wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Did you just ask a question like that?
I thought you were pro? Jk

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

3/28/2013 11:50 AM

andyferly wrote:

Adrenalinebmx wrote:

Thats what I figured but didn't know if everyone does it or if it needs to be done every once in a while.

Most people check up their hubs every once in a while, it also depends how hard you ride.
My friends destroyed the axle of a Vandero, got a Fly front hub and destroyed three sets of bearings and now I ordered for him a new axle for the Vandero so I guess that's also a factor.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"