Hate turning to vital for shit but....

Related:
Create New Tag

7/12/2013 11:02 AM

I cannot get crank grinds. I ALWAYS DO FUCKING BB SLIDES. I have search mad fucking tutorials. Anyone want to make/have made one they can post up for me?

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

7/12/2013 11:05 AM

video plez that would help but also it would probably help to turn a full 90 and kinda turn your crank down to kind of wedge it from your crank arm and your sprocket

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

7/12/2013 11:12 AM

I see Hamlin and Eric l using the tip of there crank and a little pedal. I don't have you tube so I can post a vid. Ill get a picture

|

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

7/12/2013 11:14 AM

Photo

It's all on my bb.
|

7/12/2013 11:25 AM

From what I've seen in videos, it's more pedal spindle than anything. Like where the wrench goes to tighten the pedal to the crank arm.. I can't do em for shit. Picture it more like a pedal crook. That's how I see it. As for balance I have no idea cause I have yet to figure it out. It looks like lean the bike back but lean your body forward. That's how it always looks in vids

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/12/2013 11:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/12/2013 2:12 PM

At least you got bb grinds sorted eh! Yeah like said above I was always under the impression that it was done between the pedal and crank arms using that 90 degree angle to grind with, I could be wrong tho as I don't do em but it looks that way in edits.

Check out kevin kiraly he's got them on lock and does them down man sized rails. Maybe try pausing a video with him doing it to see what he's actually grinding on, failing that get the macniel varcity frame cuz I'm sure on the advert for that frame kevin says "it will make your crank arm grinds better, just don't ask me how"

Good luck with em.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/12/2013 11:41 AM

Just watched the tony Hamlin how to. He says hop just enough to get on. Very mellow angle. It's essentially a pedal crook and its all about leaning forward. It's not even a 45 degree angle. He said basically the same stuff I said up there.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/12/2013 11:57 AM

Im learning them too. I also have the smae problem. I put all my weight forward to not bb slide

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

7/12/2013 12:45 PM

Fuck it. Ill just you with them a little more. I have bb slides on flat rails for days thouch

|

7/12/2013 12:57 PM

try a round rail.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

7/12/2013 1:56 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

try a round rail.

It's sooooooooo much harder. Skinny flat rails for nkw

|

7/12/2013 2:14 PM

Crank arm grinds seem to be really difficult for you guys. Just embrace that BB grind! haha those are pretty awesome! But to hit the arm this is my advice: Roll up to the rail at a decent speed, pull up and over the rail and dont be too close to the rail! if you are that will happen and itll be all BB. If you happen to land on the crank, you will definitely feel it, it slides fast if the rail is waxed, and usually people either slide too far forward or loop out sideways because they didnt expect to slide and didint balance goign over the rail. Try to keep your weight RIGHT OVER TOP the rail and a bit forward towards the end of the rail. That will keep you from sliding out. I learned on a skinny flat rail and the round rail i have at my house, both are pretty okay i guess. I havew to put my rail up on some bricks because it is too low to crank slide so i gotta get em just right if i wanna do em or the rail falls over haha. But if you wanna start learning them, do this. Do a feeble on the rail, and spin 90 and at the end of the rail you should slide on the crank arm a bit. And do that more and more til you can get like a few feet on the rail. This helps to get into them if thats your trouble. Once you get that, go deathly slow at the rail and hop onto the crank arm and be sure to put pressure onto the crank or else your pedal will just go up. That will help you get the feel for the balance. Lastly go at the rail at the comfortable grinding speed and hop onto the crank arm balance while sliding and when you pop off the end you are probably going to sideways or bash the sprocket, to solve this spin the extra 90 at the end. And that is how you crankslide!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.