Hating Where You Live...

Related:
Create New Tag

2/3/2014 10:18 AM

Well normally ever since I had cops all over me and my friends and security after us all the time and old people talking crap and town council meetingS about my drug use?? (i dont do drugs, and i dont drink, nor do i look like i would or do) I have tried to get out of town, which means atleast 6 miles away to ride a boring place i always get flats at called Wellsburg. There really isnt a lot to ride in the winter. Even when i go to the skateparks i have to shovel snow for forever to ride it. The closest park is 10-12 miles away and the nearest non-pre fabricated skatepark is about 25-35 miles. I dont like being kicked out of my damn town because of this.

Why am i making another one of these threads? A dumb security guard kicked me and my friends out of a spot by a building that is being torn down soon. We werent hurting anything and it isnt even college property. He had no right to tell us. ON TOP OF THAT he accused us of drinking. I told him none of us are old enough and why would we be drinking and riding our bikes? The asshole went and laughed at me and said, "like underaged people don't drink..." I then vaporized him. Just kidding, but i sure wish i couldve.

I have come to the conclusion i need to do something about all this. These are my options: My Birthday is in June and i could try and get a half pipe, or some type of ramps, under 1000 bucks because im turning 18. If i do this, what sort of ramps should i make, and how much will it cost?

I am going to London in June or July! Where should i ride? What will the weather be like then? What are some interesting skateparks? I should be out there for 10-14 days.

Also, i havent been on vital much lately due to weird internet problems due to extreme cold.
I am getting my new bike stuff sometime this week and i will be posting pics for the bike checks!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/3/2014 10:27 AM

London has Victoria Park Skatepark and the Southbank street spot.

|

2/3/2014 10:41 AM

Never get hassled by anyone anymore really unless we ride popular spots in sheffield centre really.

As for building your own ramps you can do it for way less than a grand, alot of bracing can be done to your basic structure with offcuts that a diy store wants to get rid of, sheets of mdf can be used for the surface and as long as you treat the wood and take care of it, they can last a long time.

|

2/3/2014 10:45 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

I read somewhere that south banks is getting destroyed,not sure when tho.

As for the weather it should be and usually is really nice during those months but remember this is England and the weather is always subject to change. Ya never know, hope its nice for you max, when its good its good.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

2/3/2014 10:49 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

As for the weather it should be and usually is ...more

Some people want to tear it down and replace it with a shopping centre or something. It is quite likely to happen unfortunately despite something like 70,000 petitions for it to stay and even Boris Johnsons backing. Even if it does get demolished I don't think it'll be before June/July.

|

2/3/2014 10:54 AM

Is there like a disease that makes everyone assholes where you live? That sucks man. As for ramps n stuff i would say just save the money for a vehicle. Then you could come ride with me!

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

2/3/2014 11:19 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

As for the weather it should be and usually is ...more

I've heard this too. I think there's a petition or something to save it? Im pretty sure I saw it on Instagram...

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/3/2014 11:28 AM

UK in June/July if We don't have a Monsoon will be low to mid 20's (Degrees Celsius!) Quite nice actually! London is a Straaaange Place it's absolutely amazing yet a Bad, Bad, SCAAAAAARRRRY Place!!! You accidentally Ride into an Estate, Unless You can Ride like an Olympic Track Riding You WILL Be Mugged, Robbed & Possibly STABBED!!! I tend to avoid London tbh. You should come in August! Vital UK "Blokes & Bikes" UK Road Trip! We will all be making our way down to Bournemouth, Some of Us together, Others Alone & We'll be having a Fucking EPIC Week by the Seaside! :-D

|

2/3/2014 12:17 PM

I feel you man theres my situation:
- No o e rides around me, i am the only one
- There arent ledges
- There arent handrails
- I am seen as a druggie
- the closest skatepark is 47km away, about 30 miles i think?
- There arent spots

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/3/2014 12:38 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Is there like a disease that makes everyone assholes where you live? That sucks man. As for ramps n stuff i would say just ...more

I hate WV. Haha not many people are nice. I call it a transitional area. It is halfway between hillbillies and halfway between city people. And those people dont get along and the product it makes is a bunch of buttholes. I prefer either/or. Go full country and just deal with that stupidity or go full city and have fun. I hate living here. haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/3/2014 1:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/3/2014 1:04 PM

I know what you meen man.There was dirt jumps i went to that was behind a Old folks place,and the old people complained that we drank and through parties back there,but we didn't,so they brought bulldozers back there and flattened it.

|

2/3/2014 1:09 PM

I don't hate where I live, I hate the cops & that the people I like riding with hardly come out during the Winter on the nice days.. like yesterday it was almost 50° out.. no one was fucking out.

Cops are another thing, I was riding a spot we have permission to ride at and a cop pulls in, so I just kept doing tricks and whatnot, completely ignoring him because I know we're allowed to be there. But of course, he tells me to come here and I do, he goes "What uh, whatcha doin here?" I say "Riding." he goes "You uh, have permission to be here?" I go "Yes I do." he said alright and just stayed in the parking lot watching me ride which was kind of weird.

Kinda wish more cops were chill like that, one dickfuck cop followed me home before because I don't have brakes. He stalked me home so I took weird alleyways that he couldn't go up and as soon as I got in the next Township I booked it home. Fuck cops like that.

|

2/3/2014 1:19 PM

Max, I would avoid London tbh. You can be in a nice part, then 1 min later surrounded by chavs, druggies, hipsters, gangs and people who WILL kill you.
But on a lighter not, Do what Jon said and come with us to Bournemouth.

|

Bruh

2/3/2014 1:50 PM

Ok, just gonna say this, you hate your town, that's fine. I don't believe there was a "Town Council meeting about your drug use". That would be a MASSIVE misuse of the time and funds for the town, and if exposed (call local news) you would easily show the town misusing funds for silly reasons.

Shoveling snow, I am sorry is not something I let others whine about. If you want to ride, put in the work. And winter happens. You don't like it, you move somewhere warmer.

Why not take that almost thousand bucks and move somewhere? Take a little trip and find a job, and then move there?

I came from a town that had one ledge we could sometimes ride at like 10 at night IF the cops weren't around (police station was a block up the street), ONE bank, and some curbs. Oh and a stair set two miles away from the ledge. We built dirt jumps a few different times at different places, rode flatland and street, and whatever we could find. The city built a skatepark (pre-fab, 3 feet or less, we had 4 ramps), no bikes allowed. They added to it, still no bikes legally. We got another park at a church, they shut down a few years later and sold the ramps, but that park was delapidated.

So you can complain, or make your situation better. Go build stuff. Ask how to improve local parks, build trails, ride flatland, MOVE. Whatever you need to do.

Just go do it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/3/2014 2:07 PM

I have a road, no curbs, nothing...

|

Bruh

2/3/2014 2:17 PM

Zach P-D wrote:

I have a road, no curbs, nothing...

Be jealous i have curbs >smile

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/3/2014 4:32 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Ok, just gonna say this, you hate your town, that's fine. I don't believe there was a "Town Council meeting about your drug ...more

Moving isnt an option, although i wish it was. I wish i didnt live here for reasons i dont wanna get into. Ever since the first uear i lived here i wish i didnt live here. We never shoulda left Alabama.

I can promise you they said these things at the town council meeting. My dad went there after he heard from a lot of different people telling him this. For sure they were talking about me. It was messed up and my dad made them quit being that way. My hatred for this place is pretty bad.

Also, as of right now im waiting to hear back from 5-6 different places i applied for a job at. And i cant move out with no money.. Haha and that money for ramps would be gift money mostly. I want a ramp so people cant try to tell me where to ride.

|

2/4/2014 11:10 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Moving isnt an option, although i wish it was. I wish i didnt live here for reasons i dont wanna get into. Ever since the ...more

Use the gift money to move if you are old enough? Save a bit once you start working to take a trip to find a new job, or apply online to places?

If you can prove they were talking like that, you could technically get them in trouble for misuse of funds/time of the city, as well as slander.

No spots to ride = flatland time if you ask me.

Good luck on the employment!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura