Hating on the Cult.

Related:
Create New Tag

2/10/2012 2:02 PM

Another hate-cult thread. Cult is fucking awesome. I got a handful of red and blue cult stickers and vans/cult grips for free when i saw robbie yesterday. I rode robbies bike with the new black chrome 9" bars and he's going to hook me up with those bars! I find it impossible to hate on cult if you live in the SoCal area.

|

2/10/2012 2:06 PM

S1CKLY SK1LLED wrote:

Another hate-cult thread. Cult is fucking awesome. I got a handful of red and blue cult stickers and vans/cult grips for free when i saw robbie yesterday. I rode robbies bike with the new black chrome 9" bars and he's going to hook me up with those bars! I find it impossible to hate on cult if you live in the SoCal area.

|

2/10/2012 5:06 PM

S1CKLY SK1LLED wrote:

This

|

2/10/2012 5:11 PM

I work in a, machine shop and honestly the only difference I can see is that if you buy us made the money you spend goes back into us pockets instead of taiwan pockets

|

2/10/2012 5:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2012 6:03 PM

-Havok- wrote:

The only reason people hate on foreign made products is because the metal used isn't as pure as U.S. made metal because the government doesn't regulate the strength/purity, meaning it has more defects from the factory so it's more prone to cracking. Also why it's a hell of alot cheaper. I'm pretty sure my Fit frame was made overseas, but it's holding up perfectly fine so far, and so did the other one I had, so I could care less until I have problems. Lol

bloghogs wrote:

Oh totaly.Sanko melts down altoid tins and calls it 4130 cromo..............Not.
It's posts like this that keep the B.S. train going.

Tell me I'm wrong. I went thru a private trade school AND college for structural and pipeline welding and learned all this shit buddy. Yeah, some of it is alright, but some foreign chromo is shitty, ask any welder/fabricator. Are you a welder or fabricator? I highly doubt it. Well guess what, I am, and have been for a few years now, and also know alot of people that have been for decades, and sure as hell know alot more than me, and definately more than you apparently. Making BMX parts isn't a problem because it's just the rider's weight combined with the impact, then the slightest little impurity in the steel that causes the problem. And if you pay attention to the pictures in these supposed horror stories, it's usually THE WELD that breaks, not the steel. Which means it was THE SHITTY FABRICATOR'S fault, not the purity or impurity of the steel. And it's funny how there's multiple threads on this site about this same arguement and you have said the same shit in every one with absolutely no proof to back up the strength of Japanese chromoly, just like you're calling people out about lack of evidence proving the weakness. And qouting one of your posts in another thread, NO, 4130 IS NOT ALL THE SAME. Yes, 4130 means one certain type of steel, but like I said, one little tiny impurity WILL fuck up the strength of the ENTIRE tube, and thinking on a bigger scale, ALL of the steel that was produced at the same time in the factory. AKA if one molecule is off, or dirt or air gets into it, whatever the situation, the entire batch is fucked and strength is severly compromised. The difference however in the US is, that the government regulates this so the lives of the public aren't put in danger. And if you would've read more than the first 2 sentences I posted, you would've seen that I wasn't hating on it because my frame is made of Sanko chromo, and I enjoy this frame and it has never given me a problem. Would I trust it for frames and parts? Sure! Would I trust it in any situation that I knew may possibly put my life in danger? Probably. But there would always be that thought in my mind that just my luck that the one beam supporting the building or whatever could possibly be one of the impure ones, but only a welder would think that, not just some random person that knows nothing about this situation. So learn your facts before you run your mouth kid. And since you seem to love GT, yeah, they USED to be good way back in the day when it was all made in Santa Ana, but where do you think all your shit has been made since they sold out to Pacific years and years ago? Pacific was a Wal Mart $100 special bike company, so as far as I see it, your opinions are invalid.

/ rant

And back to the reason this thread was started, the only reason I have to hate on Cult is that it's so trendy, and every kid I see riding their shit is a little 15 year old tight jean stuck up rich faggot that I definately don't want to be associated with in this scene. The fact that I like Fit's products so much, then knowing that Robbie Morales was the sole person that brought Cult into existance(with the help of a few sick younger riders), almost makes me want to say fuck it and buy their shit anyways. Lol

|

2/10/2012 5:57 PM

-havok-.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

2/10/2012 6:21 PM

Uh huh.

A kid just pushed your button...........

|

2/10/2012 6:26 PM

Where's your arguement to that post? Lol. And just remember that all I was doing was explaining something I know about and trying to clear the air, since there are multiple threads and you said I was quote "keeping the BS train going", so don't take it personally.

|

2/10/2012 6:43 PM

Im sure there is some sub par metal out there somewhere,but what bike company would use them?Im not claiming anything,therefore I have nothing to prove.You on the other hand have made a statement.If you can show me anything that says there is metal being used that is sub par because everyone just looks the other way,Id like to see it.

Just shhh on the GT stuff.You have no idea what you are talking about.

|

2/10/2012 6:49 PM

Like I said I work in a, machine shop and we make primarily aerospace parts also I worked in construction welding and I have yet to see any government official testing any metal for purity or anything else for that matter they do however have approved places you can purchase said metals from but government doesn't play any part in regulating any, metal that goes into,a bmx bike here or in taiwan

|

2/10/2012 7:08 PM

Well it would be the same arguement back to you too. Show me any sort of proof that foreign steel is the same quality as US made, and that the foreign governments regulate the steel mills as much as ours, then I'll be a firm believer in foreign metals. But if you want to sit here and argue with a professionally trained welder/fabricator, who knows many others that have way more experience and say the same thing, then that just kind of makes you look stupid. But that sounds like a personal problem that I could care less about.

And yeah, I have no idea about GT? Yet I used to ride and race nothing but GT's thru the 90's and early 00's. My bad I haven't dedicated my life to to them like you have, because I'm more about Fit/S&M, and all the other companies that make shit that's worth a damn. Lol. Get out of the 90's kid. And speaking of that, just how old are you? I'd like to know before I waste anymore of my life arguing with you about situations you have no idea about.

|

2/10/2012 7:09 PM

ocbullyboy wrote:

Like I said I work in a, machine shop and we make primarily aerospace parts also I worked in construction welding and I have yet to see any government official testing any metal for purity or anything else for that matter they do however have approved places you can purchase said metals from but government doesn't play any part in regulating any, metal that goes into,a bmx bike here or in taiwan

I was referring to structural, oil pipeline, oil refineries, nuclear power plants, etc. BMX parts aren't putting people's lives in danger. Lol

|

2/10/2012 7:23 PM

Nowhere in your opening statement is pipelines,power plants,ect.mentioned.
Metal is cheaper from overseas because labor is cheaper.
There is a bike mentioned,and this is a bike site.
You talking out your ass about GT is fueling the b.s. train just like your blanket statement.

You mad cause you wrote a book and lost?

|

2/10/2012 7:37 PM

-Havok- wrote:

Well it would be the same arguement back to you too. Show me any sort of proof that foreign steel is the same quality as US made, and that the foreign governments regulate the steel mills as much as ours, then I'll be a firm believer in foreign metals. But if you want to sit here and argue with a professionally trained welder/fabricator, who knows many others that have way more experience and say the same thing, then that just kind of makes you look stupid. But that sounds like a personal problem that I could care less about.

And yeah, I have no idea about GT? Yet I used to ride and race nothing but GT's thru the 90's and early 00's. My bad I haven't dedicated my life to to them like you have, because I'm more about Fit/S&M, and all the other companies that make shit that's worth a damn. Lol. Get out of the 90's kid. And speaking of that, just how old are you? I'd like to know before I waste anymore of my life arguing with you about situations you have no idea about.

bloghogs is most likely older than you.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

2/10/2012 7:40 PM

Not really, because I know about something whether you choose to believe me or not, because I have been professionally trained by people that are obviously alot smarter than either one of us. And yes, I know bikes were mentioned, I also mentioned my bike multiple times being made from Sanko and me not giving a shit because it works out fine. And yes, sweatshops, inferior smelting processes, and welders that aren't certified are always going to be cheaper. And as far as GT goes, if you know so much, why not enlighten us that apparently know nothing? Despite being raised around it and living only a few miles from the factory before they went bankrupt. Bottom line is GT is old news and no one gives a shit anymore. Just like every company around today will eventually be decades from now when even more bad ass shit comes out. Like I said, if you're stuck in the 90's, that's cool because it's none of my business, plus I don't care regardless because you're obviously just hating over the internet.

|

2/10/2012 7:47 PM

Yeah,you mad.

|

cupovjoe wrote:

Then that's fine also. However age doesn't matter if he hasn't had the training I have on that exact subject, plus knowing the people I know that say the same thing. OH MY GOD, it's the end of the world because me and every other person that he's argued it with can't bring 100% paper evidence, but if you research it a little on the internet, any random person can read about how Chinese/Japanese metals are alot more prone to impurities for the exact reasons I listed.........But once again, if he's going to call people out over the internet, at least come with proof, just like he's telling everyone else to. Every other thread where steel has been disputed, all he does is run his mouth with no proof. And if he is actully older than me and chooses to act like a child, then even more reason why I couldn't give less of a shit what he thinks. Lol

|

cupovjoe wrote:

this is him.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

2/10/2012 7:49 PM

bike parts should be scottish made
cause were tough as fuck
ba-dum-tssss

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

2/10/2012 7:50 PM

mccarthy04 wrote:

cause were tough as fuck
ba-dum-tssss

pffft.

|

2/10/2012 7:52 PM

mccarthy04 wrote:

cause were tough as fuck
ba-dum-tssss

RiverSideRider wrote:

pffft.

hehe

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

2/10/2012 7:53 PM

bloghogs wrote:

Yeah,you mad.

Not really actually. Just calling you out the same way you do to others. Are you gonna state your age tho? Actually, nevermind, it doesn't matter either way. Your responses and arguing with someone that actually knows about the situation just makes you look like a child regardless, so you're not worth my time.

|

2/10/2012 7:57 PM

RiverSideRider wrote:

this is him.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

I guess he got me there. Damn! Lol

|

2/10/2012 7:57 PM

tbh i dont see all the point in this, i run cult grips, that it, if i like one of their parts ill buy it, same with fit and all this
and to me, where a bike part is made makes NO difference what so ever, its just egotistical americans saying their shits better than every one elses again

|

My Bicyclemachine.

2/10/2012 8:01 PM

i just dont like robbie morales. i never have. and then when he left fit in a little bitch-fit, that just further cemented my hatred

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

2/10/2012 8:03 PM

-Havok- wrote:

I guess he got me there. Damn! Lol

i was talkin about bloghogzzzzz
|

2/10/2012 8:06 PM

Stop posting pictures of me.

Ah the old turn it aroun trick.If you have nothing,thats fine.

|

2/10/2012 8:07 PM

RiverSideRider wrote: i was talkin about bloghogzzzzz

I know, that's what I meant too. Lol. I wasn't talking about myself. Everyone I know calls me old as fuck, but I'm only 23, so if he is older....or THAT old, then so be it. Haha

|

2/10/2012 8:11 PM

bloghogs wrote:

Stop posting pictures of me.

Ah the old turn it aroun trick.If you have nothing,thats fine.

I'm not turning anything around, because that was what I was the bottom line the entire time. You call alot of people out over the internet, then come with no proof of your own. Don't act like you know about something if you don't. That's all I was trying to make apparent to you.

|

2/10/2012 8:21 PM

Man,ill ride my Crappy Dk all day cause its all i can afford.
I just think if you got the $ you should buy American
A. cause its better metal
B.cause I believe(this part is opinion) that they are assembled with higher precision and care.
C. Im a good ol American boy!
That s the bottom line.

Am i biased? heck ya!

|