Hating on the Cult.

Related:
Create New Tag

2/10/2012 8:22 PM

woodrow.dixon1 wrote:

Man,ill ride my Crappy Dk all day cause its all i can afford.
I just think if you got the $ you should buy American
A. cause its better metal
B.cause I believe(this part is opinion) that they are assembled with higher precision and care.
C. Im a good ol American boy!
That s the bottom line.


Am i biased? heck ya!

fuck yeah

|

2/10/2012 8:24 PM

What is it I have to prove? Thats right,nothing because Im not the one on here making statements.
Now you are whining and clawing at anything.



Put up,or shut up.

|

MVGA

2/10/2012 8:31 PM

bloghogs wrote:

What is it I have to prove? Thats right,nothing because Im not the one on here making statements.
Now you are whining and clawing at anything.



Put up,or shut up.

well,

technically you are both making statements,

they just have opposite conclusions.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

2/10/2012 8:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2012 8:41 PM

bloghogs wrote:

What is it I have to prove? Thats right,nothing because Im not the one on here making statements.
Now you are whining and clawing at anything.



Put up,or shut up.

Read your old posts in previous threads. You were making plenty of statements about it, all of which were wrong. All you were doing was spouting bullshit to people, just like you claim I'm doing. However no one else has ever called you out on it, but then again, how could a teenage kid that's never touched a welder or piece of steel in his life other than his bike, or taken any sort of welding training or anything? I understand that you wanna feel big over the internet to little kids, but it was only a matter of time until you got called out on it right? Especially by someone that knows alot more about the subject at hand than you obviously do. Lol. So eat your own words bro, put up or shut up.



And this post was not aimed at anyone underage, nor talking shit about any teen kids, so no one needs to take this up the ass. I was just saying in general since the majority of people on this site are teen kids. Lol



|

2/10/2012 8:45 PM

The only thing Im claiming is that you are dragging out a pointless aurgument you cant win.If you could,you would have done it by now instead of trying to baffle me with bull shit.

|

MVGA

2/10/2012 8:50 PM

Yeah, like you've done in numerous threads in the past? ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY MOD. Lol. GTFO bro

|

2/10/2012 8:53 PM

[LINK TO IMAGE]

oh,

don't mind me.
|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

2/10/2012 8:54 PM

bloghogs wrote:

Nowhere in your opening statement is pipelines,power plants,ect.mentioned.
Metal is cheaper from overseas because labor is cheaper.
There is a bike mentioned,and this is a bike site.
You talking out your ass about GT is fueling the b.s. train just like your blanket statement.



You mad cause you wrote a book and lost?

Let's review.You lost here.Everything you have typed since has been mindless spew.

|

MVGA

2/10/2012 8:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2012 8:58 PM

Pfftt. Why is that? Just because you said so? That's like me saying that every post you've ever made about this subject over the years has been shit also. Which the more I read, the more they seem like they are. Your opinion is your opinion. You don't care about mine and I couldn't give less of a shit about yours. Like I said a long time ago, I was just trying to clear the shit smell from the air around your previous posts. Lol

|

2/10/2012 8:58 PM

OK Truce.

|

MVGA

2/10/2012 9:01 PM

Agreed. Sorry to the OP for ruining the thread tho. Lol

|

2/10/2012 9:05 PM

woodrow.dixon1 wrote:

Man,ill ride my Crappy Dk all day cause its all i can afford.
I just think if you got the $ you should buy American
A. cause its better metal
B.cause I believe(this part is opinion) that they are assembled with higher precision and care.
C. Im a good ol American boy!
That s the bottom line.


Am i biased? heck ya!

Basically the same reason why I'm still riding my older shit. I don't have parents that kiss my ass and buy me whatever I want, I do live on my own and hardly ever get to ride because of my work schedule, plus why the hell would you want to support a foreign country? We're broke enough as it is without giving away more than our government already does. I feel another arguement coming on from just this post. Lol

|

2/10/2012 11:00 PM

Interesting thread. I could add quite a bit but its late so ill just hit some finer points...

GT made good race shit in the 80's in fact their geometries were used in some very important parts/frames historically speaking. After that GT (generic trash) never contributed a meaningful part of any sort to bmx.

Sanko is nice tubing

I don't own any cult parts but would run their stuff no problem on gp simply because RM is a badass, I try to pay attention to whose pockets I line.

In general I prefer rider owned American companies so that's who gets my $$. There are a couple bmx true companies who manufacture overseas and make industry leading, cutting edge shit and I have no problem running their parts. Design and quality control is a must and this is in my opinion what some of these overseas companies lack.

|

2/11/2012 8:29 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

DK makes some parts in the USA. Sprocket, stem, and i think their hubshells?

Evil1_4real wrote:

And your point is? Cult makes there Chainwheel, stem, grips, frames in the good ol' US of A and they don't sell there bikes at Wal-Mart. So I am pretty sure they have 1 up on the shit DK makes.

tinybikerider33 wrote:

They make SOME of their frames in the U.S. Same with their bars. The Deathrow stuff is USA made. The Hawk and Leader bars come from Taiwan. Not that they're any different quality.

^that

|

2/11/2012 11:16 AM

-Havok- wrote:

I was referring to structural, oil pipeline, oil refineries, nuclear power plants, etc. BMX parts aren't putting people's lives in danger. Lol

you just argued with yourself on the internet. nice.

|

2/11/2012 12:49 PM

Yeah I completely agree with that.

|

2/11/2012 2:02 PM

Bmxmasta249 wrote:

you just argued with yourself on the internet. nice.

How is that exactly? I was generalizing the subject of steel quality from a welder/fabricator's standpoint, not from the mind of a teen bmx rider that knows nothing about it. The closest arguement I could use for this(and probably should have in the first place), would be dirtbike frames and parts(mostly pitbikes). Almost every part made by Chinese companies, aka Ebay parts, suck dick, and most people won't ride them because of the more than likely chance that something will bend tremendously or snap off completely, possibly putting you and other people in danger. This is caused by the same exact reasons I argued previously. But then again, a dirtbike takes ALOT more abuse than a bmx frame or parts. Most dirtbikes are made in Japan and hold up fine, but the Japanese obviously have this figured out for the most part, unlike the Chinese. That was a totally non-racist statement tho, just stating the truth. Lol. However I'm not going to argue with someone else however because we are already past it.

|

2/12/2012 12:05 AM

i can't even to begin to comprehend the idiocy i've read so far. good night.

|

6027839086

2/12/2012 5:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2012 5:13 AM

-Havok- wrote:

The only reason people hate on foreign made products is because the metal used isn't as pure as U.S. made metal because the government doesn't regulate the strength/purity, meaning it has more defects from the factory so it's more prone to cracking. Also why it's a hell of alot cheaper. I'm pretty sure my Fit frame was made overseas, but it's holding up perfectly fine so far, and so did the other one I had, so I could care less until I have problems. Lol

bloghogs wrote:

Oh totaly.Sanko melts down altoid tins and calls it 4130 cromo..............Not.
It's posts like this that keep the B.S. train going.

-Havok- wrote:

Tell me I'm wrong. I went thru a private trade school AND college for structural and pipeline welding and learned all this shit buddy. Yeah, some of it is alright, but some foreign chromo is shitty, ask any welder/fabricator. Are you a welder or fabricator? I highly doubt it. Well guess what, I am, and have been for a few years now, and also know alot of people that have been for decades, and sure as hell know alot more than me, and definately more than you apparently. Making BMX parts isn't a problem because it's just the rider's weight combined with the impact, then the slightest little impurity in the steel that causes the problem. And if you pay attention to the pictures in these supposed horror stories, it's usually THE WELD that breaks, not the steel. Which means it was THE SHITTY FABRICATOR'S fault, not the purity or impurity of the steel. And it's funny how there's multiple threads on this site about this same arguement and you have said the same shit in every one with absolutely no proof to back up the strength of Japanese chromoly, just like you're calling people out about lack of evidence proving the weakness. And qouting one of your posts in another thread, NO, 4130 IS NOT ALL THE SAME. Yes, 4130 means one certain type of steel, but like I said, one little tiny impurity WILL fuck up the strength of the ENTIRE tube, and thinking on a bigger scale, ALL of the steel that was produced at the same time in the factory. AKA if one molecule is off, or dirt or air gets into it, whatever the situation, the entire batch is fucked and strength is severly compromised. The difference however in the US is, that the government regulates this so the lives of the public aren't put in danger. And if you would've read more than the first 2 sentences I posted, you would've seen that I wasn't hating on it because my frame is made of Sanko chromo, and I enjoy this frame and it has never given me a problem. Would I trust it for frames and parts? Sure! Would I trust it in any situation that I knew may possibly put my life in danger? Probably. But there would always be that thought in my mind that just my luck that the one beam supporting the building or whatever could possibly be one of the impure ones, but only a welder would think that, not just some random person that knows nothing about this situation. So learn your facts before you run your mouth kid. And since you seem to love GT, yeah, they USED to be good way back in the day when it was all made in Santa Ana, but where do you think all your shit has been made since they sold out to Pacific years and years ago? Pacific was a Wal Mart $100 special bike company, so as far as I see it, your opinions are invalid.


/ rant



And back to the reason this thread was started, the only reason I have to hate on Cult is that it's so trendy, and every kid I see riding their shit is a little 15 year old tight jean stuck up rich faggot that I definately don't want to be associated with in this scene. The fact that I like Fit's products so much, then knowing that Robbie Morales was the sole person that brought Cult into existance(with the help of a few sick younger riders), almost makes me want to say fuck it and buy their shit anyways. Lol



to claim foreign goverments dont have any regulations in their metals is just wrong, but they are however different from the usa

and yes, alot of snapped frame pics are at the weld, wrong gases or termpratures being used, or the quenching or the speed of the weld could have also been off, theres so many factors involved no frame is the same

|

2/12/2012 8:45 AM

i don't get this thread at all.

|

6027839086

2/12/2012 8:52 AM

Welcome to the new and improved general forum.

|

MVGA

2/12/2012 12:50 PM

lukegoh13 wrote:

to claim foreign goverments dont have any regulations in their metals is just wrong, but they are however different from the usa

and yes, alot of snapped frame pics are at the weld, wrong gases or termpratures being used, or the quenching or the speed of the weld could have also been off, theres so many factors involved no frame is the same

They do, just not to the same specifications as our government. Apparently one of the few things ours actually does right. But yes, the gases mixes, quenching processes, right conditions outside(or in the warehouse/shop), and everything else mentioned would be the determining factors even if the metal was still perfectly pure. So once again, that would be back to what I said about the shitty welder's fault. I'm sure alot of the guys welding frames and parts here aren't actually certified or anything either, but I would however trust that they know how to do their job damn good, just like I'm sure there's garage/tiny shop based guys overseas that throw some incredible welds that are even better than certified professionals, just like here.

|

2/12/2012 1:06 PM

Sometimes it's best to just let the little things go and get on with your life...........












[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

MVGA

2/12/2012 1:32 PM

cupovjoe wrote: [LINK TO IMAGE]

oh,

don't mind me.

i'll go get the season salts.

|

2/12/2012 4:34 PM

-Havok- wrote:

I was referring to structural, oil pipeline, oil refineries, nuclear power plants, etc. BMX parts aren't putting people's lives in danger. Lol

Bmxmasta249 wrote:

you just argued with yourself on the internet. nice.

-Havok- wrote:

How is that exactly? I was generalizing the subject of steel quality from a welder/fabricator's standpoint, not from the mind of a teen bmx rider that knows nothing about it. The closest arguement I could use for this(and probably should have in the first place), would be dirtbike frames and parts(mostly pitbikes). Almost every part made by Chinese companies, aka Ebay parts, suck dick, and most people won't ride them because of the more than likely chance that something will bend tremendously or snap off completely, possibly putting you and other people in danger. This is caused by the same exact reasons I argued previously. But then again, a dirtbike takes ALOT more abuse than a bmx frame or parts. Most dirtbikes are made in Japan and hold up fine, but the Japanese obviously have this figured out for the most part, unlike the Chinese. That was a totally non-racist statement tho, just stating the truth. Lol. However I'm not going to argue with someone else however because we are already past it.

did you honestly need to write a story to prove yourself wrong lol? when did i say anything about dirtbikes or metal or racism?
i just said you argued with yourself like you just did..

|

2/12/2012 5:09 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Yeah, everything foreign-made is terrible. Bone Deth's are made of paper, and don't even get me started on Sunday's!

JustRideBMX wrote:

I should edit your post, because you obviously fucked up the last clause of that sentence.

Xxohioanxx wrote:

...it... it was sarcasm...

it's actually irony. sarcasm is spoken.

|

2/12/2012 5:20 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

I should edit your post, because you obviously fucked up the last clause of that sentence.

Xxohioanxx wrote:

...it... it was sarcasm...

CharlieWalsh wrote:

it's actually irony. sarcasm is spoken.

no.

irony is a statement that points out contradictory coincidental things

sarcasm is statement that is untrue but is meant to be taken that the speaker means opposite.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

2/12/2012 5:27 PM

lol this thread just keeps going no where good

|

2/13/2012 6:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/13/2012 6:25 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

no.

irony is a statement that points out contradictory coincidental things

sarcasm is statement that is untrue but is meant to be taken that the speaker means opposite.

thanks for clearing that up for me bro.

|

2/13/2012 11:27 PM

tempted to just delete the thread but it is not my place. this is just stupid.

|

6027839086