Having fun

Related:
Create New Tag

8/13/2018 2:30 AM

The past few months I've been wanting to take advantage of the nice weather. Ride loads, try to progress more, dig the trails, ride the trails, get some stuff filmed etc. Every time I rode, it was too hot, or I'd stress over not pulling something. The trails are too scary for me without a brake, to the point I've just bought a second hand s&m atf (it's not here yet) and I'm already feeling the pressure from myself to ride them. Every line I've tried to film I've been too impatient and stressed myself to the point of just giving up and going home.
I've actually felt pretty bummed on riding for a while now.

But. I woke up this morning. Grey skies, but feeling wide awake. And decided to just piss about on a kerb (correct English spelling wink )
I jumped on a train with a spot in mind, drank my 3rd coffee as the clouds opened. The rain stopped as I got off the train and the sky has cleared, not too hot, perfect riding weather. And I'm now sitting soaked in my own sweat with a smile on my face. Just one hour of pissing about doing bump jumps, and my love for bmx is back. I might forget the trails, sell the atf, and just ride kerbs for my remaining time in bmx. I've got nothing to prove to anyone. And I find it fun. It really is as simple as that, and it should be that simple for all of you.
Just do what puts a smile on your face, nothing else matters.

#stokedonbmx

|

8/13/2018 2:53 AM

The stoke was in the air yesterday. Same thing happened to me, something about riding right after heavy rain is so nice after the summer we've had. Sunday afternoon on a summer holiday and I was the only one at the skatepark even though it was 90% dry.

|

8/13/2018 3:01 AM

Do it for you man, you're doing something different to what a lot of guys out there do at the moment and BMX needs that originality dude. As long as you're enjoying yourself nothing else should matter. Keep riding those kerbs and I'll keep watching your clips

|

8/13/2018 3:27 AM

RumHam wrote:

Do it for you man, you're doing something different to what a lot of guys out there do at the moment and BMX needs that ...more

I've always ridden for myself, but I just get stressed when I want to get better. Especially when there's a trick or line within my ability that I can't get.
But, as my favourite YouTuber once said: "sometimes the little things in life are the smallest"

|

8/13/2018 6:02 AM

I haven't rode in weeks but after reading this I think I'm going to get the bike out and have a pedal.
Going to be tricky thought since the driveway is still wet concrete and I'm going to have to find a way to cross it :/ but I'll find a way

|

Hmmm

8/13/2018 7:03 AM

I like to just jib around and do small stuff on curbs... low risk and good fun!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/13/2018 11:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2018 11:14 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Dont lie! We all saw that transfer on your instant telegram! wink

Hows your wrist doing btw?

|

8/13/2018 11:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2018 11:35 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

I know, i was going to say when you go big you get hurt, but that's not the case for everybody.... and that's not really me to do big gaps like that, street gaps and jibs are what im good at, so im going to stick to that lol

But the wrist is doing okay, going to the orthopedic tomorrow and see what they say and get another x-ray... these past couple days have been the hardest days of my life physically... opening water bottles making food, pretty much every easy thing on the planet is difficult for me... but my favorite saying, "some body has it worse" so i just stick by that and deal with it...

But it hasnt been hurting a whole lot, i havent taken any tylenol for it for a couple days, so it could just be a really bad sprain... the doc i saw said it was hard to tell, so im hoping its a bad sprain lol

Ill update y'all tomorrow what the orthapedic says...

|

8/13/2018 11:33 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Lol I was thinking the samelaughing

|

8/13/2018 11:37 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Rabbe wrote:

Lol I was thinking the samelaughing

Yeah, i rarely do quarter pipe gaps, just bank gaps and street gaps, im done with quarter pipe gaps lol

Because im tired of wrecking myself lol

|

8/13/2018 1:22 PM

NO FUN ALLOWED! THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

8/13/2018 1:26 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Sorry m8, next time I won't pull up XD

|

8/13/2018 3:43 PM

Just have fun man. I got my subrosa rail last week and spent an hour just doing double pegs on it and had a blast. Didn't even try anything crazy. Don't force it. Ride when you can. It's 105 right now and i refuse to give myself a heat stroke. I ride when i can and it's always a blast. Even if it's just going to work or on the way home. Just have fun. Get bummed when is hot. Not about tricks and shit.

|

8/13/2018 3:47 PM

Yeah, I can relate. I do try to progress and when I put the effort in I improve and learn a lot. This summer has been crazy for me in terms of getting better. But I really do it for fun, and I'm not afraid to step away from something. I ride for me.

|

8/13/2018 5:04 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST!

|

8/14/2018 12:09 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST!

You can't lose if you don't compete wink

|