Headset help?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/6/2014 6:26 PM

Hey I just bought this bike from this kid and I guess he didnt know anything about bikes because he put headset on completely wrong he put bottom bearing in upside down and he use top bearing as a freaking spacer wtf anyway I cant get the bearings in to headset now its like it dont fit or sumthin and I have tried everythinggg from hammer to compressing to the point of stripping my fork bolt please help guys

|

BmxSavage

Refs:Mike-E -Profile minis, 7ka , and seatpost

Instagram:Issabikelife
YouTube:Bmxcheerios

1/6/2014 6:31 PM

What frame, and what degrees do the bearings say on them

|

1/6/2014 6:36 PM

Its a eastern frame and it has shadow conspiracy headset

|

BmxSavage

1/6/2014 6:38 PM

What Eastern frame? I know a few years back only a certain style headset fits that frame.

|

1/6/2014 6:44 PM

Alot of eastern frames need a special bearing. I know Cane Creek makes a bearing that fits them. I forget what its called but its not campy spec.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/6/2014 7:03 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

What Eastern frame? I know a few years back only a certain style headset fits that frame.

Photo

Photo

Photo
|

BmxSavage

1/6/2014 7:06 PM

I have no idea what frame that is just by looking at it since Eastern made so many different stock frames with that cutout & overall look

|

1/6/2014 7:09 PM

Get a cane creek headset. Not the campy spec version

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

1/6/2014 7:16 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Get a cane creek headset. Not the campy spec version

his best bet would be to go to a bike shop and have them order a 36/45 cane creek headset. just checked dans/albes/empire & none of them had one

|

1/6/2014 7:20 PM

Fuck it ima just use the headset it still spins thabks tho guys

|

BmxSavage

1/6/2014 7:22 PM

DGK_all_day_AKA_ wrote:

Fuck it ima just use the headset it still spins thabks tho guys

That's a great way to fuck up your frame. Just spend the money to get a headset, overtime the headtube is going to ovalize very quick & your headset will never be tight and it will wobble all the time.

I'm not your mother though, but $20-$30 now, or $300-$400 in a few weeks

|

1/6/2014 7:24 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

That's a great way to fuck up your frame. Just spend the money to get a headset, overtime the headtube is going to ovalize very quick & your headset will never be tight and it will wobble all the time.

I'm not your mother though, but $20-$30 now, or $300-$400 in a few weeks

This. Dont be an idiot. If things don't fit together, its obviously not meant to work together.

|

1/6/2014 7:25 PM

Ill order it but I just got bike I have to ride

|

BmxSavage

1/6/2014 7:27 PM

And there in the frame but not all the way on so its not snug

|

BmxSavage

1/6/2014 7:30 PM

Whatever dude. Dont take our advice. Its your frame not ours! Dont complain when you have to buy a new one because you couldn't wait a week for a new headset!

|

1/6/2014 7:34 PM

DGK_all_day_AKA_ wrote:

And there in the frame but not all the way on so its not snug

I rode my headset loose forever and it ovalized my forks steering tube. Just wait man. You don't want to risk a 30$ headset being replaced then 150$ forks AND the headset too.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/6/2014 7:36 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Whatever dude. Dont take our advice. Its your frame not ours! Dont complain when you have to buy a new one because you couldn't wait a week for a new headset!

I wanna ride so bad I might just use my old stolen frame for know :'(

|

BmxSavage

1/6/2014 7:37 PM

Okay ill be smart guys this sucks

|

BmxSavage

1/6/2014 7:39 PM

I had that happen with Shadow bearings once. It sucked ass. Traded them for regular, more generic bearings.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke