Headset issue.

Related:
Create New Tag

8/20/2013 1:28 PM

So today I swapped my frontload Salt+ stem with my friends Salt+ topload stem, when I put it on the headset moves front and back.

How do I fix this?

Extra info : I have 1 spacer for my headset

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

8/20/2013 1:36 PM

Add spacers until head tube is below the stem and then tighten the compression bolt.

|

Instagram: MrDannyLeo

8/20/2013 1:36 PM

You need more spacers or tighten it more. I assume you know to tighten the top cap then the pinch bolts right?

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/20/2013 1:38 PM

Four wrote:

You need more spacers or tighten it more. I assume you know to tighten the top cap then the pinch bolts right?

A guy on here is sending me a headset spacer, I have yet to get it.

I'll see if one of my friends nas any spare

|

8/20/2013 2:51 PM

Alright I tightened down the headset the way Four told me to, I was doing pinch bolts then top cap, Issue solved

I'm an idiot, I have gained some knowledge today.

Thanks

|

8/20/2013 3:34 PM

Haha! You were doing it backwards then! smile Compression Bolt then Pinch Bolts! Glad you got it sorted Buddy.

|

8/20/2013 3:35 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

Alright I tightened down the headset the way Four told me to, I was doing pinch bolts then top cap, Issue solved

Thanks

happened to all of of us

|

8/20/2013 3:56 PM

Topsey wrote:

Haha! You were doing it backwards then! smile Compression Bolt then Pinch Bolts! Glad you got it sorted Buddy.

Haha, I'll pass on the information to people that don't know, my friend has the same issue but he doesn't know what to do so I'll fix it for him tomorrow smile

|

8/20/2013 4:10 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

Thanks

Haha no problem man. Glad ya fixed it.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.