Headset question

Related:
Create New Tag

4/21/2012 9:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2012 9:57 PM

Simple question here. Bottom line is my headset is either a little loose but spins properly, or normally tightened down but doesn't even a full rotation. It's 2 weeks old and I have a couple spacers in there, my friend was telling me to take out a spacer and it should tighten down properly, but I don't see how that would make any difference scince my compression bolt clearly tightens into my front properly. Any ides besides repacking the bearings ?

Sorry for 2 sudden threads, got bitched at last time for posting more then one thread per day.**

|

4/21/2012 9:59 PM

It's all about finding the "happy medium" just tighten it enough to take the play out of it. I should follow my own words, I tighten the piss out of mine but it still spins good haha

|

4/21/2012 10:01 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

It's all about finding the "happy medium" just tighten it enough to take the play out of it. I should follow my own words, I tighten the piss out of mine but it still spins good haha

Yeah, right now I have mine tightened all the way. Doesn't having too loose fuck your headtube up ?

|

4/21/2012 10:16 PM

YoImBeast wrote:

Yeah, right now I have mine tightened all the way. Doesn't having too loose fuck your headtube up ?

Yepp, which is why I tighten the piss out of mine to make sure I won't ovalize my headtube. New bearings > New frame

|

4/21/2012 10:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2012 10:34 PM

your fork could be bent too... or headtube on your frame...

|

got bike?

4/21/2012 10:41 PM

Andrew Driver wrote:

your fork could be bent too... or headtube on your frame...

Fork and headtube are definitely not bent.

|

4/21/2012 10:57 PM

I rode without a headset bearing for a week. LOL everytime the front would lift off I would hear it cracking into the frame, Meh oh well the frames a piece of shit.
Anyways play with spacers add spacers/ take them out.

|

253-590-7620 *Text only , Thanks!*
Buying Refs: Ecuadevil, Trenydoo
Selling Refs: Spenlard, tyrich88, Pavimo, A08

Austin Read: You had a bitch pull out a strap-on on you?
Rstar: who hasn't?

4/22/2012 1:10 AM

hahaha the forum is tweaking, it says this got like 2900 views in 3 hours

|

I put my spoke in her while I twisted her nipple.

4/22/2012 2:13 AM

if it is only solid when it doesn't spin and you cant find a happy medium maybe you need an extra spacer

|

parkrat.

4/22/2012 2:40 AM

I was going to make make a topic about a headset but, I'll end up stealing this one.
Quick question..
Is the odyssey integrated headset in hot pink the same thing as the fluorescent pink one?
and will it match the Arron Ross pink grips?

|

Dade County Barber." ..Aaron Ross Pro Bike Check."

4/22/2012 3:32 AM

FOOLIEdaBARBER wrote:

I was going to make make a topic about a headset but, I'll end up stealing this one.
Quick question..
Is the odyssey integrated headset in hot pink the same thing as the fluorescent pink one?

Yes, it's the same thing. Yes, it will match but Aaron Ross grips are possibly one of the worst grips you can buy.

|

4/22/2012 5:01 AM

FOOLIEdaBARBER wrote:

Quick question..

brianoob wrote:

Yes, it's the same thing. Yes, it will match but Aaron Ross grips are possibly one of the worst grips you can buy.

This ^

|

Cool Story Bro

4/22/2012 10:41 AM

FOOLIEdaBARBER wrote:

Quick question..

brianoob wrote:

ohh okay thanks... I have the Aaron Ross grips and they feel fine to me but, they do look like they wear off a bit fast.
You think the odi longneck in pink is the same color as the hot pink headset?

|

Dade County Barber." ..Aaron Ross Pro Bike Check."

4/22/2012 11:15 AM

what headset is it?

|

4/22/2012 6:07 PM

try tightnening a bit where you think it is good and spins. then tighten your stem all the way then try tightening the compression bolt again.

|

Phone is 480-528-2987
Email is campagna894@live.com

4/22/2012 8:17 PM

dop you got both races in? maybe your fork doesnt haevthe built in one and youn need you bottom race. or you just forgot one.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK