Headtube badge ideas?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/15/2017 2:29 PM

I want to make a headtube badge, managed to find a small thin sheet of steel that I was going to practice on, but I don't really know what to make! I've already engraved the outline of a coffee mug, and fbm in a wonky bold font. The sheet isn't very thick so I can't take too much material out to give it much depth. And it's pretty hard to be accurate (never engraved anything before, and the sheet is a bit rusty). Anyone have any cool ideas? It's a custom fbm frame, so I want something that's both personal to me, and relevant to fbm.
Any ideas?
Go!

|

1/15/2017 2:45 PM

Photo

Photo
|

1/16/2017 11:31 AM

Coffee mug with whisky flask

Steve Crandalls face

A butt

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/16/2017 12:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2017 12:14 PM

Street sign relief design that says "Albert St". THAT would be cool. Paint it with some enamel too.

|

1/16/2017 12:21 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Coffee mug with whisky flask

Steve Crandalls face

A butt

Coffee mug is definitely one of my ideas, started engraving it already, I just don't have any decent cutting tools so I'll have to resort to a hacksaw and a file

|

1/16/2017 12:39 PM

revolver

hot chick

50 cal bullet

|

1/16/2017 1:32 PM

RypRyder wrote:

revolver

hot chick

50 cal bullet

Funny you say that. My dad was an avid shooter, I was going to see if he still has any of his acp clips and rounds I could cut up and make a badge from

Any fine details won't be happening though. From the practice I've had so far it's hard as hell!

|

1/16/2017 1:54 PM

Something that represents the love of the roots of BMX...

A tree with a bike? I dunno, haha. I know you're into the brands that are in it for the love of bikes.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

1/16/2017 2:28 PM

First attempt was a bit of a fail. I cut a circle from the sheet of steel, then cut the fbm heart logo out of the side of an old tin of paint, with the idea of sticking the heart logo to the circle, then bending it to fit my headtube. But the edges of the heart logo are a bit bent and twisted (from cutting it), and the overall thing will look a bit flat. So I've given up.

I'll make a proper start on the coffee mug idea tomorrow. It'll be layered to give it depth.
I'm also going to make one of an s&m shield with shovels crossing through the middle for a friend's birthday. I might get pics if they turn out ok!

|

1/17/2017 3:53 AM

Cock and balls

|

It’s all bmx

1/17/2017 5:43 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

Cock and balls

A vagina, or some big tits

|

1/17/2017 6:12 PM

Get yourself a dremel (small rotary tool with cutting wheels etc) and that can help a LOT.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura