Heavy ass motherfu

Related:
Create New Tag

1/31/2018 9:58 AM

My bike weighs 30 pounds. It's the heaviest bike that i know of out of all the bmxers in my area. Whenever someone tries to ride it they complain about how it's a tank. I'm asking you guys,what was the heaviest bike you've ever legit tricked on and how much your current bike weighs. I'm curious to see if anyone has a modern bmx bike that is heavier than mine as well.

|

Ride for yourself and have fun

1/31/2018 10:08 AM

I could probably match that. I run 4 pegs, 4 hub guards, a 710 chain, 10" bars, a gyro, rear brake, external chain tensioners, freecoaster, and JCPC pedals.

I haven't weighed my bike, but I believe stock (8.6" bars, straight cable, no gyro, cassette hub, shitty wheels, seat/post combo) it was around 25 lbs.

All the stuff I've added has definitely pushed it closer to 30. I'm also fat. That doesn't help.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/31/2018 10:40 AM

Heaviest my bike has been is 28lbs, it's now down to 19 or 20ish. It's nice to have a little less weight for 5s and whips, wouldn't really notice much difference in weight for most other tricks.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/31/2018 10:44 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

Heaviest my bike has been is 28lbs, it's now down to 19 or 20ish. It's nice to have a little less weight for 5s and whips, ...more

How the hell is your bike 20 pounds? What parts do you have on it?

|

Ride for yourself and have fun

1/31/2018 10:46 AM

Anthony Loves Subrosa wrote:

Check my bike check, there's a link in my signature smile

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/31/2018 10:49 AM

My current bike is about 23lbs, haven't weighed it though. My heaviest was my next gen dirtbike which was probably pretty light for the time, but was over 30lbs.

|

1/31/2018 10:51 AM

My bike now is around 25lbs but before I swapped frame and wheels it was 30 (it had two more Pegs aswell)

|

Hmmm

1/31/2018 11:02 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

Just realised I haven't updated it in a while, it's lost a pound and a half since I last updated that. Pictures are from the middle of summer and the middle of summer 2016 too. tongue

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

1/31/2018 11:11 AM

Anthony Loves Subrosa wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Just realised I haven't updated it in a while, it's lost a pound and a half since I last updated that. Pictures are from the ...more

You could probably drop a few more if you got rid of your hub protectors.. you aren't running pegs.

|

1/31/2018 11:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/31/2018 11:24 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

You could probably drop a few more if you got rid of your hub protectors.. you aren't running pegs.

I put pegs on every now and then and I quite like the occasional pegless grind. I don't have a guard for my Z-coaster, I'm not using it for that kind of riding; more park and dirt. My Clutch, on the other hand, I'm happy to grind on so I just leave my peg and guard on that wheel. smile

I get into phases of doing loads of pegless smiths now and then so although it makes them more awkward, the front guard can stay too as I don't want to destroy the hub.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

1/31/2018 11:25 AM

And it's about o get heavier ( adding a rack and some rain deflectors for the wheels laughing laughing )
But I just ride to work and back, and don't do crazy stuff

|

1/31/2018 11:42 AM

Kids these days. Don't know they're born.

|

1/31/2018 12:27 PM

i remember when 30 pounds was considered light lol

|

It’s all bmx

1/31/2018 2:48 PM

Kids are all bitches now a days, bikes were 40 to 50 lbs when I started riding in the 80s... Don't complain, do pushups, build muscle...

|

1/31/2018 4:11 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Kids are all bitches now a days, bikes were 40 to 50 lbs when I started riding in the 80s... Don't complain, do pushups, build ...more

also, "get off my lawn! damn kids..."

I'll agree with that to a point; it's mostly technique. However, there comes a point where you're slowing or stopping yourself from progressing if you're not willing to change what you ride. If you've ever tried hop 5s on bikes with different weights, you'll know how nice it is to have a light bike. The same would go for hop whips up to a point but any less than that point and you start to lose a lot of your control.

I'd avoid blanket statements like that though. They're stupid; they don't add anything to a conversation, they just put a prejudice in or confirm a prejudice in some of the people who'll come here and read it in the future. There are reasons for bikes getting as light as they are nowadays, whether or not you see them.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

1/31/2018 4:41 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Kids are all bitches now a days, bikes were 40 to 50 lbs when I started riding in the 80s... Don't complain, do pushups, build ...more

p1p1092 wrote:

I'll agree with that to a point; it's mostly technique. However, there comes a point ...more

Its a poor carpenter that blames his tools....
I think that's horseshit, my bike does not determine my skillset. Send it or go home and write more theory on why your 4 lbs of weight saving vastly improves your riding... I understand it makes things easier when your rig is lightet, sometimes majorly easier but its not necessary and any bike you ride that's strong enough to not kill you will help you progress...

|

1/31/2018 5:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/31/2018 5:02 PM

My mid school bikes I,used to ride were burly 35-40 lbs. My laird set up I have now is probably 30 lbs or a bit over. But still that's not bad to whip around. I built it heavy put Alex triple wall rims with Bonedeth hubs Photo

|

brakeless maniac

1/31/2018 5:09 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

I think that's horseshit, my bike does not determine my skillset. Send it or ...more

A hammer is only useful if you can lift it, a saw only useful if it has teeth and a nail only useful if it's straight...
Poor use of that expression; as I understand it, it's saying you should understand the limits of the tools at your disposal and modify them or create new ones if they don't do the job they were intended for.

You can have whatever skillset you like but at the end of the day, if you can't get the bike off the ground, your skillset's useless.

Send it or go home is stupidity, no carpenter makes a grand piano on their first day. They need to work up to it.

It's not just theory, it's been proven time and time again. The less weight you have the less the bike will resist the momentum of a spin or flip.

You couldn't know how necessary it is until you're at the level of riding where your equipment starts to hold you back. I'm not even close to it but I'm at a point where I'm noticing huge benefits to tiny changes in the weight of my bike. I'd trust my bike over just about any other, 4 pounds heavier or not. Weight, for the most part, is a terrible indicator of strength. Check the Sunday Soundwave; it's 4.87lbs last I checked, lighter than like 90% of the market and yet so much stronger and long-lasting than 90% of the frames on the market.

Maybe you're not doing flat 5s, whips, etc. or you're a flyout kid who sessions a flyout all day every day but if you can't see the value in it, fine. But you're probably missing out on something that would make shit so much easier for you. BMX is hard enough and therefore very hard on your body so why would you make it any harder?

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

1/31/2018 5:10 PM

Joe_Martinez wrote:

My mid school bikes I,used to ride were burly 35-40 lbs. My laird set up I have now is probably 30 lbs or a bit over. But ...more

Sick bike Joe...

|

1/31/2018 5:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/31/2018 5:17 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

I'll agree with that to a point; it's mostly technique. However, there comes a point ...more

BcBMX80 wrote:

I think that's horseshit, my bike does not determine my skillset. Send it or ...more

p1p1092 wrote:

A hammer is only useful if you can lift it, a saw only useful if it has teeth and a nail only useful if it's straight...
Poor ...more

Have you ever been able to not get a bike off the ground? Did your mom sit in a pile of your dads stuff? Do you have chicken arms? Are you a weak lunged tiny little feeble man? Do you have stumpy little legs like a bulldog? Do you wiegh more than a small rv? You probably don't but you sound like all of the above. I'll get you a set of water wings filled with helium so you can lift you 20 lb bike even higher.... What the fuck are your even trying to do with all that up there buds. Send it or go home. Keep bitching though that should help you gain more skills in bike lifting... Apparently that's a huge problem for you. What's wrong with you dude, where's the handicap come In so I can rationalize your excuses... Lol Bmx is hard... Why would you make it harder lol wtf are you talking about, do you understand how excersice works? Your fucking 2 ply buds. Hey everybody, BMX is hard! Especially when you can't lift your bike like that guy. Lol

|

1/31/2018 5:17 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Have you ever been able to not get a bike off the ground? Did your mom sit in a pile of your dads stuff? Do you have chicken ...more

Right, let's build an 80lb bike and try to do a simple hop 3. See how that works out...

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

1/31/2018 5:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/31/2018 5:27 PM

You can't lift 80lbs? Fuck give up on life all together. I'm downgrading you from 2 ply to flower scented 1 ply with Shea butter lotion...

|

1/31/2018 5:25 PM

Bikes in the 80's were not 30 plus pounds.

They got heavy in the 90's because the bikes from the 80's broke too easily. So all metal was doubled up. 1/4 inch drop outs, giant full guard sprockets, 8 pound frames with over sized tubes, triple wall rims, etc all led to 40 plus pound bikes.

My heaviest bike was 42 pounds.

|

1/31/2018 5:26 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

You can't lift 80lbs? Fuck give up on life all together. I'm downgrading you from 2 ply to flower scented 1 ply with Shea ...more

Not that I can't lift it but good luck doing a hop 3 on it...

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

1/31/2018 6:04 PM

My S&M Warpig was about 55lbs.

Lightest bike I had, if I recall right was just under 16lbs back in the 80s, that was one of my Diamondback race bikes when graphite and nylon started to come into the sport. Even my sprocket at the time was a composite.

My freestyle bikes now I like around 24-27 pounds. Race bikes I like around 20-23 Lbs.

|

1/31/2018 6:06 PM

Wayne S wrote:

My S&M Warpig was about 55lbs.

Lightest bike I had, if I recall right was just under 16lbs back in the 80s, that was one ...more

Those crazy spyder seats that were just weaved plastic ass bananas...

|

1/31/2018 6:54 PM

My bike is around 27-28 lbs right now. It could be lighter if I wanted it to be (just change some parts thats all, no irreversible mods).

My other motorbone (pegless) is around 25 lbs I think. I dont ride it too much though, mainly saving it as a dirt bmx.

Which is funny because my NS capital 26” build is pretty much lighter than those two. I’ll have to check.

|

2/1/2018 12:05 AM

Idk how much my current setup weighs but its a good deal lighter than my first few bikes from bitd which were probably 40 lbs up. Low 20s 26lbs tops I'd imagine. I'm thankful that I had to learn with that shit though I know for a fact it got my ass conditioned. My angel of death was a beast and 21inches when I was 14 I looked so funny I bet haha I miss the bikes from back then but I wouldn't go back that's for sure

|

@coupd_tat

2/1/2018 12:08 AM

Mine was like 30-29 , now it’s maybe 26-27 . Fairly heavy but fuck it . A light pair of tires will shed a pound easily . New sprocket too and stem will shed even more

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/1/2018 5:26 AM

I have no clue what my bike weighs. How are you all weighing your bikes?

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.