new bombproof bike

Related:
Create New Tag

6/9/2014 9:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/27/2015 6:47 PM

Hi, I'm new/uneducated/not updated to the scene, but anyway I'm looking into getting a new bike.

I'm a pretty hefty guy wheighing in at a solid 90kg on my 189cm, so I need a bike that can take a serious beating.

I'm not a complete noob I know the basics of bmx, what I am a noob on is the shitloads of brands and whats good for what etc.

I'm mainly gonna ride street, park and dirt now and then.

As most people want it should be light too.

The pricetag can be high, not unneccesary or silly high tho.

Thank you smile
Sry for wall of text.

Tl;dr
dude needs new bombproof bike and has no clue what to get. High pricetag ok, but not silly high.

P.s. Parts, or a complete list of parts, not a premade.

|

6/9/2014 9:44 AM

I recommend a Sunday Soundwave frame in 21" toptube.
Eclat Tibia Cranks
Madera Mast Stem
Odyssey r32 forks
Bone Deth Deadman bars in 9"
Gsport wheels, Ribcage to Marmoset, Ribcage to Ratchet in the rear.
Animal Tires
KMC Kool Chain

You can pick the rest of the parts because they arent really parts that matter about your weight but more about your preference, as in, the seat, Sprocket, Pedals, Grips, Etc.

But those are the strongest parts you can get and i am sure they could hold up to you!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/9/2014 10:51 AM

Yea you will need to build a custom. you can't get a stock tank bike

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

6/9/2014 11:30 AM

your not even heavy dude

|

BORN FAST ish

6/9/2014 11:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/9/2014 11:48 AM

This bike will take care of you, it's pretty much a custom bike but slightly discounted

http://www.empirebmx.com/sunday-soundwave-special-2014

|

It’s all bmx

6/9/2014 2:38 PM

crispy_nugget wrote:

your not even heavy dude

Considering most people are 70-80kg, 90kg is heavy. Also I'm a lifter and my goal is like 95-100kg. Soooo...

|

6/9/2014 3:00 PM

whippermans chain
the set cranks
fly bikes rims
g sport hubs
Odyssey R-Race Fork
redneck stem
idk too much for other parts like what you want geo wise and rise and such, but frame and bars would be what you need to pick on your own I htink

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

6/10/2014 3:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2014 12:50 AM

Sunday Soundwave 20.75" (20.75 cause I like a little shorter)
eclat Tibia Cranks 170mm
Madera Mast Stem---------------What size?(reach)
Odyssey r32 forks
SaltPlus "Echo" Sprocket
eclat "Surge Nylon" Pedals
eclat "Mid BB" Bottom Bracket 22mm
G-Sport "Marmoset" Fronthub
G-Sport "Ratchet" Cassette Hub 14mm
Nitrous "Halflink" Chain
2x G-Sport "Ribcage" Rim 36H
Mankind Bike Co. "Epoch" Internal Headset
Bone Deth "Bomber 2pc" BMX Bar 8.5" (8.5 because TL stem, or should i 9? Also this one cause i dont like 4pc)

SPOKES???length? what type?
Also, 2 lace, 3 lace or 4 lace?

Seat, seatpost, grips and tires(prob. animal then?) etc. I choose whatever.?

Would this setup work? Am I forgetting anything important?

|

6/10/2014 5:37 PM

Spokes: are you going to lace the wheels yourself, or someone else? If someone else is doing it, they'll figure it out for you. 3 lace is the standard. If you are going to lace them yourself, there are spoke calculators. Google them.

Stem: 51mm will provide the most room. But if you want less get a shorter one.

If you're ordering from Kunstform?! get the Eclat Diesel chain instead. It has a halflink installed so you can dial in your rear end.

|

6/11/2014 12:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2014 12:57 AM

Fondue wrote:

Spokes: are you going to lace the wheels yourself, or someone else? If someone else is doing it, they'll figure it out for ...more

Ok, just wondered what spokes to buy, I'm propably not lacing myself.

Yeah, well, frame and stem from Dan's comp and the rest from Kunstform, if I buy at all that would be, it's a lot if money, but I'd rather go solid from the start han getting something that would brake :p

But do you think Kunstform could lace the wheels before sending the stuff? Lacing is the only thing I'm not comfortable with xd

|

6/11/2014 1:19 AM

They should be able to lace the wheels up before sending to you, but there may be an extra charge for it.

|

6/11/2014 5:18 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

They should be able to lace the wheels up before sending to you, but there may be an extra charge for it.

Ok, I could propably lace them myself if I tried, I wonder how true they would be tho...

|