Hello

Related:
Create New Tag

8/30/2017 3:29 AM

Hi

New member here. I'm Darren and from the UK. I'm sad to say that I'm here for my Son more than me as I've just purchased his first bike. I've got him a 2015 Voodoo Malice. He's 7 years old and it was a good deal (2nd hand) and it seemed like a good model to start with.

I've not touched a bike for 10+ years and last night when I picked it up. I spent an hour outside of my house trying to recall my limited catalogue of tricks from distant memories......

So, that's me (and my Son Fin) I was just wondering if anyone can advise how best to get his confidence up and some basic tricks that we would start with to build on that confidence. He's not scared to try and hurt himself so it's more the technicality levels I need to consider.

Thanks everyone!

Darren

|

8/30/2017 4:47 AM

Manuals and hops are always a good starting point, but that bike is too big for him really. An 18" wheel would still be a touch big at the moment. So, he'll likely struggle getting it off the ground

|

8/30/2017 5:33 AM

Thanks for the tips. I was worried that it might be a bit big but I was struggling to find any 18" bikes within budget. Hopefully he can at least get some confidence with his first BMX and move on from there.

|

8/30/2017 11:58 AM

Riding mellow transition like the bottom of quarters and rolling down and up mellow banks. Also, riding over small bumps and dropping off sidewalk curbs will develop skill as I imagine...

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn