Hello + Another Bike ID Question:

Related:
Create New Tag

5/2/2015 1:05 PM

Hey folks – I wasn’t sure if this post belongs here, or in another group, but here’ goes:

My last BMX days were way over 20 years ago, but I thought I’d just want to see how it feels to ride a bit again, if even for a short time. On a whim I picked up this bike on Craig's List a few weeks back. I have no idea about brands these days, and don’t recall “Premium Products”, from my time in the 80s and early 90s.

It doesn't really say any type of model number or anything. It is a 20" with the markings:
- Premium Products
- CRMO Down Tube
- Med 20.5 Top Tube

Anyone know what type of bike this is or have some suggestions on how to find out?

Thanks much - Jeff

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

5/2/2015 1:51 PM

I almost want to say that headtube sticker is premium

|

5/2/2015 2:43 PM

Looks like a stock premium with maybe a few after market parts. Not great but fine if you aren't doing anything crazy.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

5/2/2015 3:10 PM

Thanks for the replies. At my age, doing any of this is crazy.

|

5/2/2015 4:15 PM

I don't get who would design a seat like that it just looks mean

|

5/3/2015 5:39 PM

Premium is essentially Haro's luxury brand. i believe that is a Premium Solo, which was simply a rebadged Haro from the around 2010. i think it retailed for around 400, and it's decent for getting back into bmx. i'd use the Premium for a season or two then switch up to a full crmo modern bike. there has been a lot of new technology put into high end bikes recently

|

5/4/2015 8:28 PM

Velo/Raptor wrote:

Premium is essentially Haro's luxury brand. i believe that is a Premium Solo, which was simply a rebadged Haro from the around ...more

Awesome...very much appreciate the info.

|

5/4/2015 9:49 PM

2011 Premium Solo. Compare it to the one here and it's dead on besides the frame color (Maybe the light makes it look different in the photo and it actually is the same color? idk)

$359.99 new.

chromoly downtube on the frame, hi tensile steel for the rest of it though. hi tensile steel bars & forks too. I assume the cranks are chromoly as well just going by the 2015 model on Danscomp but can't find anything to confirm it for the one you have..

sealed Mid BB, Odyssey pc pedals, pivotal seat/post, single wall 36h rims, unsealed hubs with 3/8" axle in the front, 14mm in the rear, kenda tires 2.25" front/1.95" rear, 25/9 gearing, sealed integrated headset.

Good entry level bike, but nowadays a brand new bike for $360 (Or even a little bit more) can get you a bike with sealed hubs and a little more chromoly too (Chromoly > hi tensile steel)

I would just ride it till things start breaking, a part breaking every couple of months wouldn't be too bad considering the level of bike it is, but if you break a few parts within the same month then I would definitely look into a new bike with better parts.

Also keep in mind it has unsealed hubs, which aren't as bad as some people think, but they definitely require more maintenance to keep them going. If your wheels start rattling or rolling really sluggish, then it's time to adjust them if you know how, take it to a bike shop, or simply ask on here or Google it.. It's not too hard.

|