Helmets for street

Related:
Create New Tag

5/7/2014 10:41 PM

This edit shows how COOL you can be riding street and at the same time being safe. He can toothpick-hang five a downrail and tooth over double peg 180 out. In one clip he cut it pretttyy close from being hit by a semi-truck. Sick edit and the helmet makes it THAT much better.

I don't get the stigma about "park : helmet. Street : no helmet" If anything you'd get hit by a car , run into an object or have people get in your way riding street. Personally I ride a helmet for both. I know people have their own opinions and i'm not judging but can anyone explain what's the deal? So if I can 720 a 5 set with a helmet it's not "street" enough?
|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/7/2014 10:49 PM

helmets are gay..just imagine if sean burns or mike hoder did all that shit with a helmet.

|

5/7/2014 10:51 PM

jokeloony wrote:

helmets are gay..just imagine if sean burns or mike hoder did all that shit with a helmet.

I hope this is sarcasm xD I'd much rather look gay than be brain dead. But hey.. that's just my preference

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

5/7/2014 11:02 PM

jokeloony wrote:

Chrisaustin wrote:

I hope this is sarcasm xD I'd much rather look gay than be brain dead. But hey.. that's just my preference

He's the troll of vital

|

My Cult 2 Short

5/7/2014 11:04 PM

jokeloony wrote:

Chrisaustin wrote:

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

He's the troll of vital

Could it be sickdude? lolol

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

5/8/2014 10:10 AM

Coming from the one who made a thread about helmets not being safe? Hah.

Anyway, I never learn much on street, and when I do it usually has very minimal risks. I dont like using a helmet for street, but I ALWAYS wear a hat. Cant ride without one. It makes me feel safe.

I wear my helmet religiously at skateparks (even ones that dont require them) because I really push myself there and frequently take some decent spills.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/8/2014 11:24 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Anyway, I never learn much on street, and when I do ...more

^This
Hat's are soooo safe. Plus... it makes you look so cool, you get all the ladies when a hat falls off during a trick.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

5/8/2014 12:14 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Chrisaustin wrote:

^This
Hat's are soooo safe. Plus... it makes you look so cool, you get all the ladies when a hat falls off during a trick.

Not what I was saying at all, nor would I recommend somebody using a hate as a safety measure. Way to twist my words.

To clarify-
I (ME, personally) feel insecure riding without SOMETHING on my head. I cant stand wearing a helmet for street and dont find it necessary, so I always wear a hat. It also keeps the sun out of my eyes and usually doesn't fall off if it fits right.
I push myself alot at park and fall a decent amount, so I ALWAYS wear my helmet at park.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/8/2014 12:50 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I make threads that are to get the people going ! This is my opinion. The other one was merely a link.

|

My Cult 2 Short

5/8/2014 1:23 PM

I wasnt able to watch this on my own computer. I viewed it now and to anyone who knows my helmet thread , fuucckk uncertified helmets. I'm not wearing a helmet if it isn't protecting me. Chad Kerley was sooo surprised. Like if he was like "damn" that says alot.

I'll get a certified one
|

My Cult 2 Short

5/8/2014 7:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/8/2014 7:59 PM

Whenever i ride i always put my helmet on. I love the new bell segment helmet, it is so comfy. it feels like one of the non certified skate helmets. Took a good one to the head the other day at the park, i know it wasn't street but it would have sucked if i wasn't wearing it.

Photo

|

5/8/2014 8:01 PM

Wear full face helmet.. Much #SWEG

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

5/8/2014 8:54 PM

Alex D. wears a helmet on street and he kills it

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

5/9/2014 5:06 AM

^this is a fact. I personally don't wear a helmet riding street because I don't do the craziest stuff. That being said, if I'm learning something new or if what I'm doing seems a bit risky or uncomfortable I'll wear it. I always wear it at parks because of the size of ramps, the amount of air, and plus I suck at park haha

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

5/9/2014 7:33 AM

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

5/9/2014 9:47 AM

I wear my helmet whenever I do large stuff when I ride street but that's about it.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

5/9/2014 9:50 AM

THat was a good edit.
I personally dont wear a helmet in street because:
1. The one i have is non certificated.
2. It feels like shit.
3. I dont push myself that much and i dont take risks.
4. If i am doing ¨dangerous¨ i wear one.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

5/9/2014 9:56 AM

I need to start wearing it more. I don't mind wearing my helmet, I just always seem to forget.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

5/9/2014 3:41 PM

Helmets all the time for this guy (except solo flatland sessions) but ALWAYS if there are younger kids around.

Honestly anyone who claims helmets are gay or wouldn't help is a complete idiot, and should hit their head just hard enough to knock something loose.

They should also be castrated for being stupid.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/9/2014 3:50 PM

Also 30 grand for a head injury and catscans or 40 bucks for a helmet and looking "gay" or stupid, give me looking "gay" or stupid ANY DAY.

Plus the kids who say that think they are somehow "cooler" than other riders, and most tend to think the same about brakes, and riding anything other than "street".

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/9/2014 3:52 PM

1. what about if your just on the street practicing Manuals and 180's, helmet then?

2. What helmet would you recommend? Makes and model please..

thanks!

oNe

|

5/9/2014 11:43 PM

@bikect Thanks for the comment and picture ! Wanted one might I'll go with a Protec x Cult I think. Not sure though.

@dave Yaahh exactly ! No point looking cool if you're dead....my moto....at times.

@Phabeon I've had alot of Protecs and they are amazing so I highly suggest those. Anyone BUT the Bucky Lasek...just watch the 2nd link and you'll know why. 1 meter high fall could kill you ; if you loop out full speed to your head you're fucked. I would just in case.

|

My Cult 2 Short

5/10/2014 11:32 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Also 30 grand for a head injury and catscans or 40 bucks for a helmet and looking "gay" or stupid, give me looking "gay" or ...more

Fortunutely we have free medical care, even for those idiots that jump off balconys to land in the swimming pool and land on the way smashing their heads.....

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx