Create New Tag


Vital BMX member feltbikesbike
105095 feltbikesbike /images/default/avatar/c50.png,105095/all 04/29/13 4 16

Posts: 20

Joined: 4/29/2013

Location: Grover, MO USA

4/29/2013 7:59 PM

Hey i have old haro forks or cheap forks or something but they have a starnut and i stripped it... It looks like it is welded in and i was wondering if i could buy one off dans comp? how do i get the welded one out? or would the new one just go on top? ANd how do i install a starnut? i dont have the tools to weld it in hahaa


Vital BMX member TheBrandonFranke
90962 TheBrandonFranke,90962/all 02/26/12 112 2418 5 2

Posts: 2530

Joined: 2/26/2012

Location: Reynoldsburg, OH USA

4/29/2013 8:39 PM

Uh, that makes no sense to me man.
Go to your LBS theyll take care of you.


Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest


Vital BMX member Four
81082 Four,81082/all 06/19/11 22 77,81082/setup 114 6035 13

Posts: 6149

Joined: 6/19/2011

Location: OH, USA

4/29/2013 8:42 PM

Lol do what I did and sell your forks and buy new. the starnut bolts are fucking annoying and ridiculous.

45 refs and counting check profile.


Vital BMX member isnowyaznV2
95706 isnowyaznV2,95706/all 06/29/12 11,95706/setup 183 4705 29 30 5

Posts: 4888

Joined: 6/29/2012

Location: Elk Grove, CA USA

4/29/2013 8:44 PM

If it's welded, check to see exactly what you stripped, either the compression bolt or the thread inside of the fork. You might need a replacement fork compression bolt or re-threading the inside of your fork. If you have a star nut and you stripped the bolt or the star nut itself, just get a whole new one. They're not worth repairing and they suck. Try a stem lock.

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke