Help Fund My Film?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/3/2015 9:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2015 8:32 AM

Film's been cancelled. Thanks to those who supported me in one way or another! Hopefully I can get the ball rolling another time.

|

"Ride it like you stole it."

Refs: SuperstarDK, Gage191

2/4/2015 6:07 AM

Why? Do you work? I'm going to school, too, and work in the afternoon to evening. Your weight gain is just a excuse, I'm sorry but eating clean and not too much is not that hard and I don't think someone will donate money for a dude that produces an edit just like thousands of other guys. I'm sorry that might sound harsh but it's the truth.

|

2/4/2015 11:08 AM

Mongoose mode 900

|

2/4/2015 11:55 AM

This asking for money shit is getting out of hand. I am in a band and every day I see another band asking for money. Here an idea, go fucking work, save money. People have been doing that forever until these retards discovered bigger retards will prepay for nothing. I owe you nothing until you give me a product that I deem payable. The world has gone ass backwards

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher



2/4/2015 12:45 PM

B(avaria)mx wrote:

Why? Do you work? I'm going to school, too, and work in the afternoon to evening. Your weight gain is just a excuse, I'm sorry but eating clean and not too much is not that hard and I don't think someone will donate money for a dude that produces an edit just like thousands of other guys. I'm sorry that might sound harsh but it's the truth.

I respect your opinion, but I've been trying to find a job for 3 months. My city has the lowest employment rate in my state, and you wouldn't know what it was like unless you actually lived here. I have to make money in the wrong ways because of that. Not to mention I have to take care of 3 dogs, 3 cats, a sick grandfather, bills, utilities, and I have to pay to see my psychiatrist. You don't have to donate if you don't want to, and I completely understand. That's all up to you, but thanks anyways.

|

"Ride it like you stole it."

Refs: SuperstarDK, Gage191

2/4/2015 12:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2015 12:56 PM

Ricked_Em wrote:

This asking for money shit is getting out of hand. I am in a band and every day I see another band asking for money. Here an idea, go fucking work, save money. People have been doing that forever until these retards discovered bigger retards will prepay for nothing. I owe you nothing until you give me a product that I deem payable. The world has gone ass backwards

Just like I said to B(avaria)mx...
I respect your opinion, but I've been trying to find a job for 3 months. My city has the lowest employment rate in my state, and you wouldn't know what it was like unless you actually lived here. Everybody in my city, teens, young adults, adults, and elders all go through the same struggle. I have to make money in the wrong ways because of that. Not to mention I have to take care of 3 dogs, 3 cats, a sick grandfather, bills, utilities, and I have to pay to see my psychiatrist. You don't have to donate if you don't want to, and I completely understand. That's all up to you, but thanks anyways.

I figured I'd try this out because it's something I've been wanting to do for 8+ years, but never been able to afford the equipment. You can consider it begging, but you don't have to donate. I already stated that I don't expect anybody to donate because clearly it is a silly idea to most people, but it is worth trying. Thanks again bro.

|

"Ride it like you stole it."

Refs: SuperstarDK, Gage191

2/4/2015 4:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2015 4:18 PM

I hope your like Charlie sheen and banging your psychiatrist , if you can afford a psychiatrist you can afford a mongoose mode 900

|

2/4/2015 6:02 PM

Thard eye

|

2/4/2015 11:04 PM

no one will just give you money
you have to go and earn it.
you say it's hard to find a job, go wash cars, mow some lawns, take other peoples dogs on a walk for them. Over time this will earn you a decent amount of dolla

|

Bruh

2/4/2015 11:13 PM

Ricked_Em wrote:

This asking for money shit is getting out of hand. I am in a band and every day I see another band asking for money. Here an idea, go fucking work, save money. People have been doing that forever until these retards discovered bigger retards will prepay for nothing. I owe you nothing until you give me a product that I deem payable. The world has gone ass backwards

Its called investing when you throw money at something before it really exists. People have been throwing money at nonexistent or small things for a long time for hopes that these little things will grow big and they will get a return on their investment

Check out kickstarter.com. Lots of people get crowd funding for projects and inventions and a bunch of random shit. You usually have to promise something at the end, like a free copy of your video or something to incentivize people to invest in you.

|

i ride a Sunday

Refs: irideafly, subrosarider65, ridebmx456, ayobmx, spikez5

cell #: 424-219-2490

2/5/2015 1:40 AM

My tires are worn, can someone donate money so i can buy new tires?

I would also like to go back to my country, can someone donate money for plane tickets?

I'm tired of paying ugly prostitutes for sex, can someone donate money so I can upgrade to hotter escorts?

Thanks, it will mean the world to me and you can be sure that your money has helped a fellow rider in need.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
.
.
.
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

2/5/2015 2:22 AM

one try kid wrote:

My tires are worn, can someone donate money so i can buy new tires?

I would also like to go back to my country, can someone donate money for plane tickets?

I'm tired of paying ugly prostitutes for sex, can someone donate money so I can upgrade to hotter escorts?

Thanks, it will mean the world to me and you can be sure that your money has helped a fellow rider in need.

You don't need ugly prostitutes or hotter escorts when you have me. (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

2/5/2015 2:31 AM

one try kid wrote:

My tires are worn, can someone donate money so i can buy new tires?

I would also like to go back to my country, can someone donate money for plane tickets?

I'm tired of paying ugly prostitutes for sex, can someone donate money so I can upgrade to hotter escorts?

Thanks, it will mean the world to me and you can be sure that your money has helped a fellow rider in need.

Going back to the Philippines for me? (:

|





2/5/2015 3:24 AM

I have a sick ass job that pays really well. My bike is 100% fully dialed, and I'm collecting parts to build a second bike so that I don't have to mess with brakes/tires/pegs when I want to ride trails. If I want to try a new part, I buy it and if I don't like it, I give it to either one of my 100% healthy kids, or one of the kids in the neighborhood. I have a nice house with a pool and some dirt jumps in the back yard. I have a sick ass, full frame camera with a selection of nice ass lenses. My wife is a MILF and I have a big dick.

Naw, I'm not going to donate to your film, but keep begging because it makes me lolz.

|

2/5/2015 3:37 AM

tecnic1 wrote:

I have a sick ass job that pays really well. My bike is 100% fully dialed, and I'm collecting parts to build a second bike so that I don't have to mess with brakes/tires/pegs when I want to ride trails. If I want to try a new part, I buy it and if I don't like it, I give it to either one of my 100% healthy kids, or one of the kids in the neighborhood. I have a nice house with a pool and some dirt jumps in the back yard. I have a sick ass, full frame camera with a selection of nice ass lenses. My wife is a MILF and I have a big dick.

Naw, I'm not going to donate to your film, but keep begging because it makes me lolz.

Give me moneyz man...

Everyone who doesn't give me money will be forever be labeled a "HATER".

Do you really want that?

I mean, what adult with a job wants to be labeled a "HATER" by a bum like me?

Send moneyz. smile

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
.
.
.
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

2/5/2015 8:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2015 8:40 AM

I cancelled the fund guys.

|

"Ride it like you stole it."

Refs: SuperstarDK, Gage191

2/5/2015 8:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2015 8:34 AM

Jake_Short wrote:

Its called investing when you throw money at something before it really exists. People have been throwing money at nonexistent or small things for a long time for hopes that these little things will grow big and they will get a return on their investment

Check out kickstarter.com. Lots of people get crowd funding for projects and inventions and a bunch of random shit. You usually have to promise something at the end, like a free copy of your video or something to incentivize people to invest in you.

That's originally what I was going to do. I was going to give everybody a DVD and a pack of stickers from my clothing line for whoever donates, and maybe some shirts in the Summer when I have a job. Clearly the money was going to be invested wisely, at least 80% of it was going towards the film. I can finish building the bike myself, but it was going to be hard to create the film without something to chase the riders with. I wasn't begging for money either. I was kindly asking, and all of sudden I'm the bad guy because I'm looking for guidance and support on something I've never had the opportunity to do. You had the choice to donate or not. I've closed the fund to prevent anymore negative and hateful comments since I usually don't take those comments lightly, especially when it is directed towards something I'm really, really passionate about. I knew this was a bad idea to begin with... So, thanks again everybody for expressing your opinions on something I love doing.

I'm not even going to do the film, so forget about it. I'm just going to sell my camera because I'll never be able to use it. I knew this whole idea of creating a film in the first place was just a child's dream...

|

"Ride it like you stole it."

Refs: SuperstarDK, Gage191

2/5/2015 8:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2015 8:41 AM

Baphometh wrote:

That's originally what I was going to do. I was going to give everybody a DVD and a pack of stickers from my clothing line for whoever donates, and maybe some shirts in the Summer when I have a job. Clearly the money was going to be invested wisely, at least 80% of it was going towards the film. I can finish building the bike myself, but it was going to be hard to create the film without something to chase the riders with. I wasn't begging for money either. I was kindly asking, and all of sudden I'm the bad guy because I'm looking for guidance and support on something I've never had the opportunity to do. You had the choice to donate or not. I've closed the fund to prevent anymore negative and hateful comments since I usually don't take those comments lightly, especially when it is directed towards something I'm really, really passionate about. I knew this was a bad idea to begin with... So, thanks again everybody for expressing your opinions on something I love doing.

I'm not even going to do the film, so forget about it. I'm just going to sell my camera because I'll never be able to use it. I knew this whole idea of creating a film in the first place was just a child's dream...

I've used kickstarter.com in the past, I'd say around 2013, for my clothing line 'Lyin King' (before I renamed it 'THIRD EYE'). I was able to raise a little over a $1,000 which I invested in to 75 shirts. I ended up making $1,875, and with that money I was able to print enough shirts and stickers to give to everybody who donated. I personally think I'm smart when it comes to investing, and I always make sure that I give back and pay it forward. I believe nothing in life should just be handed to you, obviously, so that's why you give back and pay it forward. Karma comes around eventually.

|

"Ride it like you stole it."

Refs: SuperstarDK, Gage191

2/5/2015 9:19 AM

one try kid wrote:

My tires are worn, can someone donate money so i can buy new tires?

I would also like to go back to my country, can someone donate money for plane tickets?

I'm tired of paying ugly prostitutes for sex, can someone donate money so I can upgrade to hotter escorts?

Thanks, it will mean the world to me and you can be sure that your money has helped a fellow rider in need.

Xxohioanxx wrote:

You don't need ugly prostitutes or hotter escorts when you have me. (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

yes. yes he does

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

2/5/2015 9:19 AM

and bro. look into crowdfunding sites

i mean, bmx riders on a forum probably isnt the best spot. it aitn like we rich bishes with extra to toss around

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

2/5/2015 12:13 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

and bro. look into crowdfunding sites

i mean, bmx riders on a forum probably isnt the best spot. it aitn like we rich bishes with extra to toss around

I guess, but I was just trying to spread the word. I put it up on Facebook, Twitter, here, and some other sites. I think I'm just going to call it off though man. It's never going to be possible. I need to sell my camera anyways just so I can pay for some shit sad

|

"Ride it like you stole it."

Refs: SuperstarDK, Gage191

2/5/2015 12:26 PM

Baphometh wrote:

That's originally what I was going to do. I was going to give everybody a DVD and a pack of stickers from my clothing line for whoever donates, and maybe some shirts in the Summer when I have a job. Clearly the money was going to be invested wisely, at least 80% of it was going towards the film. I can finish building the bike myself, but it was going to be hard to create the film without something to chase the riders with. I wasn't begging for money either. I was kindly asking, and all of sudden I'm the bad guy because I'm looking for guidance and support on something I've never had the opportunity to do. You had the choice to donate or not. I've closed the fund to prevent anymore negative and hateful comments since I usually don't take those comments lightly, especially when it is directed towards something I'm really, really passionate about. I knew this was a bad idea to begin with... So, thanks again everybody for expressing your opinions on something I love doing.

I'm not even going to do the film, so forget about it. I'm just going to sell my camera because I'll never be able to use it. I knew this whole idea of creating a film in the first place was just a child's dream...

While I wasn't going to donate, don't sell your camera and give up just because we said you should. Use it as motivation. Even if you don't make the most professional video on Earth, film it, edit it, and burn it on some blank DVDs from Radio Shack, or throw it up on Youtube (or even better Vimeo) Just because you won't get money to make a super professional video doesn't mean that you shouldn't make one at all.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

2/5/2015 12:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2015 1:01 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

While I wasn't going to donate, don't sell your camera and give up just because we said you should. Use it as motivation. Even if you don't make the most professional video on Earth, film it, edit it, and burn it on some blank DVDs from Radio Shack, or throw it up on Youtube (or even better Vimeo) Just because you won't get money to make a super professional video doesn't mean that you shouldn't make one at all.

Well, it's not that. I kind of have to sell it now so I can pay for the next couple appointments with my therapist. I don't really have a choice anymore... That's why I cancelled it. I'm going to be homeless in 2 months, so I'm going to devote even more of my time towards finding a job... Otherwise I would still be motivated to do it, but things happen. That's a part of life, and you just have to deal with it.

|

"Ride it like you stole it."

Refs: SuperstarDK, Gage191

2/5/2015 1:13 PM

I don't get what you were asking for money for anyway. You have a camera, you have a computer or phone or something your posting from. Go borrow a skateboard and make a fuckin film.

|

2/5/2015 1:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2015 1:32 PM

tecnic1 wrote:

I don't get what you were asking for money for anyway. You have a camera, you have a computer or phone or something your posting from. Go borrow a skateboard and make a fuckin film.

I was asking for the money so I could buy some basic equipment for making a professional film, such as an external mic and video stabilizer. I didn't want the film to be shitty, especially if people were going to invest in it. Those two pieces of equipment alone cost quite a lot. The camera I have now I bought years ago with some saving bonds that my grandma gave me throughout my life before she passed away.
Well, I've had to sell my phone, my iPod, and my laptop. The list goes on... Right now I'm on my computer that I've had since like 2008. I'm not selling this thing primarily because of all my files, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sony Vegas, and bunch of other programs that I've torrented. I need this computer anyways to apply for jobs and for a bunch of other reason, so yeah, I can't sell this thing.

|

"Ride it like you stole it."

Refs: SuperstarDK, Gage191

2/5/2015 1:31 PM

Baphometh wrote:

I respect your opinion, but I've been trying to find a job for 3 months. My city has the lowest employment rate in my state, and you wouldn't know what it was like unless you actually lived here. I have to make money in the wrong ways because of that. Not to mention I have to take care of 3 dogs, 3 cats, a sick grandfather, bills, utilities, and I have to pay to see my psychiatrist. You don't have to donate if you don't want to, and I completely understand. That's all up to you, but thanks anyways.

Don't pass on jobs because you feel they might be "below you" in some way. I worked in the food industry for 5 years, as a welder, then departments stores, then a bike shop and now a bank.

I have worked up, and guess what? I can honestly say the food place and the bike shop were my favorite jobs. I wasn't paid the most, but I had some great times.

It may not be all the money you need, but it is a start. Plus you could look into working a 2 places if need be.

Racine has a lot of boats etc in the area, try working in the marina or for the city or something? Think outside the box. Road construction season is coming, and they need laborers. You get paid well AND benefits, which might aid your psychiatrist bills.

Home construction season is going to kick off soon too. Look into that.

Also how is the free park there right on the lake? I went there once like 8 years ago, the park was closed due to a snowstorm that was going to hit a day and a half later.

I peed in lake michigan.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/5/2015 1:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2015 1:46 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Don't pass on jobs because you feel they might be "below you" in some way. I worked in the food industry for 5 years, as a welder, then departments stores, then a bike shop and now a bank.

I have worked up, and guess what? I can honestly say the food place and the bike shop were my favorite jobs. I wasn't paid the most, but I had some great times.

It may not be all the money you need, but it is a start. Plus you could look into working a 2 places if need be.

Racine has a lot of boats etc in the area, try working in the marina or for the city or something? Think outside the box. Road construction season is coming, and they need laborers. You get paid well AND benefits, which might aid your psychiatrist bills.

Home construction season is going to kick off soon too. Look into that.

Also how is the free park there right on the lake? I went there once like 8 years ago, the park was closed due to a snowstorm that was going to hit a day and a half later.

I peed in lake michigan.

Thanks for the advice man, I appreciate it. Like I said though, I've been applying for jobs these past 2 months as much as I can, and I can't stress that enough. I haven't had any luck, but yesterday I got my first call back for a phone interview. There are a lot of opportunities for jobs here in Racine, but companies are so picky because of the type of people that live here. Plus I have a not-so-great working history since I've only had two legitimate jobs.

The park here is absolutely great, but I would bring something to defend yourself with. The park has been having a lot of issues with gangs and whatnot. The last time I rode there about 3-4 years ago, my friend got jumped by 12 black kids, 2 of whom had guns pointed at him. The park is falling apart (by that I mean the skatelite is coming apart, screws are falling out, ect.), and the park is becoming extremely ghetto with gangs claiming it as their "territory". But it's up to us to claim it back. The owner of the skatepark doesn't even bother to invest anymore money into it because of those reasons, and the city of Racine doesn't give a shit about the park. You'd figure they would invest some tax payer dollars, or have cops patrol past the park now and then but they don't even bother. Otherwise to answer your question, it is a fun park to ride. You just have to be there on the right day otherwise it's not so fun and more dangerous than anything. Each year the park gets worse, and less people choose not to ride there anymore because of all this bullshit that's happening to it. The city threatened to close it down couple years ago, but they never did.

|

"Ride it like you stole it."

Refs: SuperstarDK, Gage191

2/5/2015 1:49 PM

Baphometh wrote:

That's originally what I was going to do. I was going to give everybody a DVD and a pack of stickers from my clothing line for whoever donates, and maybe some shirts in the Summer when I have a job. Clearly the money was going to be invested wisely, at least 80% of it was going towards the film. I can finish building the bike myself, but it was going to be hard to create the film without something to chase the riders with. I wasn't begging for money either. I was kindly asking, and all of sudden I'm the bad guy because I'm looking for guidance and support on something I've never had the opportunity to do. You had the choice to donate or not. I've closed the fund to prevent anymore negative and hateful comments since I usually don't take those comments lightly, especially when it is directed towards something I'm really, really passionate about. I knew this was a bad idea to begin with... So, thanks again everybody for expressing your opinions on something I love doing.

I'm not even going to do the film, so forget about it. I'm just going to sell my camera because I'll never be able to use it. I knew this whole idea of creating a film in the first place was just a child's dream...

Don't let a bunch of guys on the internet bum you out. I mean ya I'm not gonna donate either but I'll try not to be an ass while I'm at it.. Follow your dream but you gotta work hard to get there. I'm tryna save up to buy a truck and make it a desert race car. I filled out 20 job applications in the last two weeks and heard back from 2 people. Neither of them hired me. Keep trying. Life can be hard so keep your head up and charge that shit.

|

i ride a Sunday

Refs: irideafly, subrosarider65, ridebmx456, ayobmx, spikez5

cell #: 424-219-2490

2/5/2015 1:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2015 2:00 PM

Jake_Short wrote:

Don't let a bunch of guys on the internet bum you out. I mean ya I'm not gonna donate either but I'll try not to be an ass while I'm at it.. Follow your dream but you gotta work hard to get there. I'm tryna save up to buy a truck and make it a desert race car. I filled out 20 job applications in the last two weeks and heard back from 2 people. Neither of them hired me. Keep trying. Life can be hard so keep your head up and charge that shit.

Thanks man, I appreciate it bro! I've always been a dream chaser, but priorities come first sadly. I'm working as hard as I can, trust me. I have a couple of goals set that I'm working hard to get out of the way, such as finishing this bike, launching this clothing company, and finding a new place to live. Yeah, all these applications and barely any calls back, I feel your pain and it sucks haha! I'm going to keep trying though man, without a doubt. I wish you the best of luck too homie. Hopefully you can make your dreams a reality, and so can I. Thanks again dude.

|

"Ride it like you stole it."

Refs: SuperstarDK, Gage191

2/5/2015 2:08 PM

Baphometh wrote:

Thanks man, I appreciate it bro! I've always been a dream chaser, but priorities come first sadly. I'm working as hard as I can, trust me. I have a couple of goals set that I'm working hard to get out of the way, such as finishing this bike, launching this clothing company, and finding a new place to live. Yeah, all these applications and barely any calls back, I feel your pain and it sucks haha! I'm going to keep trying though man, without a doubt. I wish you the best of luck too homie. Hopefully you can make your dreams a reality, and so can I. Thanks again dude.

No problem man. Finish that bike but remember don't spend money you don't have. Debt and possessions is worse than no possessions and no debts. That clothing company will probably take money too, more than you think it will. Get income flow then pursue what you can.

One things that really helps is to make your resume and cover letter are very professional. I even made a steezy LinkedIn account and put the link to it in my cover letter. To employers, that puts a face to your name so you're more than just words on paper. Call them to follow up with your application if you don't hear from them in a weeks. You can't lie in the resume, but you can elaborate. Ex: I coud've just listed a cashier job at a pizzeria as just that, but I labeled it as a Customer Service Rep and made it sound like all the shit I was doing was a little more complex than it actually was. There's a bunch of resources on the web for resume building and professionalizing cover letters.

|

i ride a Sunday

Refs: irideafly, subrosarider65, ridebmx456, ayobmx, spikez5

cell #: 424-219-2490