Help Identifying Frame

Related:
Create New Tag

8/20/2014 9:47 AM

Hello all

I need help figuring out what frame this is. I want to run brakes on it finally for dirt, but don't want to get the wrong brake mounts and play that game. The spot for the brake mount is threaded they are pretty small threads too.

It's a spanish bottom bracket, and I know FlyBikes makes frames with those but couldn't find any matches. Any other companies that use spanish? Also the inside of the dropouts have little threaded holes which may be for a hub guard, but I'm not sure.

Any help appreciated...

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

8/20/2014 9:54 AM

"Threaded holes" ? Those little holes aren't for anything. Unless you meant different holes?

Fit & Kink and a few more companies used spanish but the only company i can think of off the top of my head is fly that used mounts similar to that at all.....

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/20/2014 9:55 AM

On the bb there should be a serial number, w could help more if you could post pics of that/ tell us what it is

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

8/20/2014 9:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/20/2014 9:59 AM

Kokxxy wrote:

"Threaded holes" ? Those little holes aren't for anything. Unless you meant different holes?

Fit & Kink and a few more companies used spanish but the only company i can think of off the top of my head is fly that used mounts similar to that at all.....

those "little holes that arent for anything" are removeable for fly removable chain tensioners, which im very sure fly only uses
look at the same spot on other fly frames, its the same
measure the standover and go from there

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/20/2014 10:01 AM

@Kokxxy The holes are hard to see, but lets say if you were to slam your wheel the threaded holes are right there at the beginning of the dropouts. They are hard to see in the picture.

@bmxfromma From what I can remember there are two stamped serials? One starts with a CIC the other starts with an AMI

|

8/20/2014 10:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/20/2014 10:03 AM

its a fly 3 amigos
same laser cut bridge, integrated clamp, cs mounts

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/20/2014 10:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/20/2014 10:05 AM

plus the removable chain tensioners that your frame has debuted on the 3 amigos frame
AMI stands for amigos i guess

|

8/20/2014 10:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/20/2014 10:06 AM

Ding ding ding we have a winner! Guess what you won... This frame!!! Hahaha seriously thank you much man.

@bmxsteve99 Which brake mounts did the 3 amigos use, The fly EBS or SBS?

|

8/20/2014 10:08 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

those "little holes that arent for anything" are removeable for fly removable chain tensioners, which im very sure fly only uses
look at the same spot on other fly frames, its the same
measure the standover and go from there

Ah, I couldn't see them, i figured he was talking about the holes in the chain & seatstays they use in the factory or whatever they're used for.

I couldn't think of another company than fly that uses that many looking things on a frame and uses weird mounts like that, Learn something everyday.

|

8/20/2014 10:09 AM

Kokxxy wrote:

Ah, I couldn't see them, i figured he was talking about the holes in the chain & seatstays they use in the factory or whatever they're used for.

I couldn't think of another company than fly that uses that many looking things on a frame and uses weird mounts like that, Learn something everyday.

"the holes in the chain & seatstays they use in the factory"
those are removable brake mounts, the mounts thread into that

|

8/20/2014 10:15 AM

also dont get the ebs mounts, they werent on this frame, it used the sbs mounts, not sure where to find them though

|

8/20/2014 10:18 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

"the holes in the chain & seatstays they use in the factory"
those are removable brake mounts, the mounts thread into that

Nope, Every frame has the holes im talking about, at least every frame ive owned for the past 4 years.

seatstay - top , chainstay - bottom. JK i know you already knew that.

|

8/20/2014 10:20 AM

Honestly I don't think the SBS mounts exist any more...

|

8/20/2014 10:20 AM

http://www.strictlybmx.com/product/view/3018/fly-removable-brakemounts
EBS & SBS. Australian site but all i could find.

|

8/20/2014 10:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/20/2014 10:40 AM

The SBS they show on there has those screws that go into the frame, my frame doesn't have those mounting holes. I may need the Dylan mounts

|

8/20/2014 10:37 AM

maybe its the dylan mounts tehn

|

8/20/2014 11:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/20/2014 11:07 AM

Fly 3 amigos. Though it had welded mounts, looks like yours were cut off, sucks man.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/20/2014 11:16 AM

@Four, nope the threading is still intact inside the frame

|

8/20/2014 11:49 AM

post closer pics of the mounts
its possible that someone got tired of flex in the mounts and welded them in, and later hacked them off
its hard to tell from the picture though

|

8/20/2014 2:22 PM

Alright snapped a pic of the brake boss mounts. If you look closely you can see Uranus, haha, I mean the threads.

Photo

|

8/20/2014 4:36 PM

Kinda off topic but how do you like that stem

|

We out here breathing. -Bert

8/20/2014 4:41 PM

iFit wrote:

Kinda off topic but how do you like that stem

the reviews are hit and miss, i cant remember which was the worst of the versions
some say it slips to no end, some say it crushes their bars
whenever there are a lot of conflicting reviews i tend to go for something else

|

8/20/2014 4:48 PM

those mounts are cut off

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/20/2014 9:05 PM

@tomdon no way! those are threads in that hole. If something was cut it won't be that clean.

@iFit It took a while to get the right crank down on it, but its working fine. My advice tighten it quarter turns then put your foot on the stem and pull the bars see if they budge keep tightening it until they dont move. I've been riding street on it for years now. It's outlasted a lot of my frames.

|

8/21/2014 7:48 AM

mastadamn wrote:

@tomdon no way! those are threads in that hole. If something was cut it won't be that clean.

@iFit It took a while to get the right crank down on it, but its working fine. My advice tighten it quarter turns then put your foot on the stem and pull the bars see if they budge keep tightening it until they dont move. I've been riding street on it for years now. It's outlasted a lot of my frames.

You can cut things off cleaner than hell, its not like everyone uses circular saws and sawzalls to cut metal, though im sure there are some people....
You can easily tap a hole to accept a bolt or something.
To me it looks cut but someone might have made it accept thesePhoto

Also, is there holes on the bottom of the top tube?

|

8/21/2014 8:28 AM

I think those mounts are cut too, the three amigos only had welded mounts and you can kind of see where the cable guides where cut off on the down tube

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

8/21/2014 11:08 AM

I would see what threading you need for those threads, also email fly with the serial number. They can tell you what it is, year make and model if it is a fly.

They may even have those mounts hanging out somewhere on a shelf.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/17/2014 12:53 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

I think those mounts are cut too, the three amigos only had welded mounts and you can kind of see where the cable guides where cut off on the down tube

Agreed 3 amigos, just waiting for my second to be delivered. Missed the first one so much when I sold it.

Also agree those brake mounts have been cut and then a recoil or rivnut popped in the hole.

Both 3 amigos I've owned have the brake mounts welded to the frame.

Hopefully you fixed it using the advice of the other guys :-)

|