Help! Need to replace a P.26 front axle or rim

Related:
Create New Tag

11/27/2017 4:08 PM

I can't find a replacement axle or a replacement front wheel for the front of my 2014 Specialized P.26. 3 local bike shops have not been able to help me, nor know where I can find one. Specialized does not sell them and Manitou does not have them either. Is there a after market brand wheel that I run on these forks? Below is a link to the bike that I have. Thanks for the help.

https://www.specialized.com/ae/en/p-26-am/p/49699?color=154236-49699

|

11/27/2017 4:20 PM

Looks like a 3/8" axle, can't be sure though. I'm pretty sure Hope and Profile Racing both make something that would work as a direct replacement. If you don't need the disc, you should be able to put just about any normal BMX hub on. You'd have to measure the thickness of the axle to be sure.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

11/27/2017 5:16 PM

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/dmr-comp-front-axle/rp-prod40544

it's just a loose ball hub with a 3/8's axle.

any bike shop should be able to get one.

I doubt a bmx brand would fit as the spacing is different (wider on a mtb)

|

11/27/2017 6:19 PM

Photo

Heres what the axle looks like.
|

11/27/2017 7:44 PM

Huh. the specs on the bike you posted said it was loose ball.

What is the brand or markings on the hub?

That looks like a normal bmx sized , sealed axle.

|

11/27/2017 10:42 PM

Depending on the distance between the shoulders, it'll just be trial and error. An axle for any generic sealed hub MIGHT fit. But, if you do replace the hub, there are literally hundreds that will work. Bmx hubs won't work unless you have no intention of using the front brake (they don't have rotor mounts). It's just a 10mm axle, they're the most common size, however, most mtb's are quick release. It also depends how much you want to spend. If you want to spend some money on something good ns, dartmoor and a load of other brands make complete wheels that will fit

|

11/28/2017 12:57 PM

|