Help? :O

Related:
Create New Tag

7/3/2011 3:48 PM

hi, i want to spray paint my headset dustcap, now what do i need to do? do i just rub it down then spray it? or do i need to do anything else? thanks guys smile

|

Verde Prism - Animal remix stem, macneil xlt silencer bars, odsy pc pedals, eclat unify padded seat, Sprocky balboa sprocket, ODI Longnecks, everything else stock :D

7/3/2011 3:51 PM

sand it down and apply primer. Then a couple of layers of paint and finish it off with some clear coat.

|

7/3/2011 3:54 PM

CARL wrote:

sand it down and apply primer. Then a couple of layers of paint and finish it off with some clear coat.

any special type of primer or is it all the same? and what type of paint? cheers

|

Verde Prism - Animal remix stem, macneil xlt silencer bars, odsy pc pedals, eclat unify padded seat, Sprocky balboa sprocket, ODI Longnecks, everything else stock :D

7/3/2011 3:58 PM

CARL wrote:

Quicky. wrote:

any special type of primer or is it all the same? and what type of paint? cheers

I just buy the cheap one you can get in a regular hardwear store. Doesnt really matter since there isnt really gonna be any wear on a dust cap. Make sure to clean the surface before you paint.

|

7/3/2011 4:04 PM

dont you mean clean it before i even put the primer on? and what shall i sand it with? im assuming sandpaper?

|

7/3/2011 4:15 PM

Quicky. wrote:

dont you mean clean it before i even put the primer on? and what shall i sand it with? im assuming sandpaper?

Clean it with alcohol first and then sand it. Use fine sandpaper (maybe 400-600).

|