Help Please!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/8/2013 6:23 PM

Like i've said in previous posts, I'm new to BMX in a sense not new but the last time i had a bike was 20 yrs ago... i have since got back into bikes. I have let's just say a collection now. Lol! My question is this, I've just recently purchased a 2011 Eastern Growler. It wasn't in the best of shape.. I've got the frame done and the forks. I know what rims I'm putting on it... but i'm clueless as to what actual crank and BB bearing size it needs. I'm 6'1... and i'm wondering will the Sebrosa Bitchin cranks fit? And will there Bitchin BB bearing kit also fit? And when i order a stem for it what do i order exactly? I want the S&M redneck stem.. does that come with everything i need to put it on? Next question... what headset will work for it? Thanks for putting up with me and all my questions... i really appreciate the help.

I want the best parts... so money isn't a issue.

|

*Refs* from, robinson79, obiwan chromoly, SuperstarDK, TCbmx., ScramHype.

I build bikes... I don't ride hard core anymore I just ride.

To get ahold of me easier text me, 405-567-57zero2

8/8/2013 6:32 PM

Using stock forks btw...

|

8/8/2013 6:32 PM

You need a mid bottom bracket, if you get the Subrosa cranks any 19mm mid bottom bracket will work. Stems are basically all the same, toploads make your bars taller the S&M stem has everything you need just put it on and ride. The stem and the headset don't have anything to do with each other, the Eastern uses a integrated headset.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/8/2013 6:37 PM

Four wrote:

You need a mid bottom bracket, if you get the Subrosa cranks any 19mm mid bottom bracket will work. Stems are basically all the same, toploads make your bars taller the S&M stem has everything you need just put it on and ride. The stem and the headset don't have anything to do with each other, the Eastern uses a integrated headset.

Why does it say it's internal 45/45?

|

8/8/2013 6:39 PM

And what about a good sprocket for that crank? And is that a good crank or should i get something else?

|

8/8/2013 6:42 PM

Your the expert... you tell me what's good so i do not regret buying it later and i will get it.

|

8/8/2013 6:45 PM

Fours pretty much spot on..

Your Frame has a Mid Bottom Bracket so when you order the Subrosa Bitchin Cranks they are 19mm so you if you get the matching Bitchin Bottom Bracket you need to get a 19mm one.

You will need to buy an Integrated Headset. If you want a Low Stack Height Cap go with something like an Odyssey or BSD but if you don't want any spacers you may have to cut your steerer tube down but no offense with what you have said i don't think thats the best modification to start with! So if you want to reduce the amount of spacers you use. Look into a Headset like a Primo, Demolition "Stacked" or Fiend Integrated Headset.

The S&M Redneck Stem will come with all the bolts you need. Put all the bearings on the Fork, Slot it into the Frames Head Tube, Put the Top Bearing & Cap on, Spacers if needed, slot the Stem on & do NOT bother with the crappy star nut compression bolt that comes with some headsets!! Use the one that is in your Forks already!!

Tighten the Compression Bolt down, Center your Stem in line with your Front Wheel. Tighten the Stems Rear Bolts. Put your Bars on the Front, Get them where you want them to be angled. Tighten the bolts up, sort your Grips & all the shit out...

GO RIDE!!

|

8/8/2013 6:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2013 6:46 PM

It's integrated and most integrated headsets are the same. Sprockets are generally all the same. Get something from a trusted company, everyone likes odyssey sprockets. I ride a Season sprocket but I'm not sure if it's still made or if it came out but its thick and I've had it for two years. The cranks I know a few people who ride them and say they're strong and great.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/8/2013 6:46 PM

That is a solid crankset.

The 45/45 refers to the angle of the integrated headset bearings. The race is a 45 degree angle, and the head tube race is also a 45 degree angle.

Sprockets are all pretty similar to a certain degree. Thinner is weaker, a lot of people seem to love the Tree Chromoly one. I have the Demolition Merit Spline Drive (doesn't use a sprocket bolt, has a spacer that matches the splines on the crank spindle) and it had been good to me.

What hubs?

That might help determine sprocket tooth count for us to keep a good ratio.

You should post a thread with photos of your collection haha

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/8/2013 6:52 PM

internal 45/45 is the angle of the integrated cups. I'm guessing that you will need a campy spec integrated headset. you can find many compatible ones on dans comp or other places in the US.
a good sprocket would be anything by tree. odyssey also make some nice ones but if you want to get just one sprocket and not worry about every getting a new one again get the tree OG. with your cranks you will need to make sure you DON'T get a spline drive sprocket and yes the cranks should do you quite fine for now.

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

8/9/2013 9:14 AM

Wow you guys are awesome! Thank you all for all your help!!! I really do appreciate it. I will post pics when i'm done... and of all the other bikes i have.

Once again, Thanks so much. This site is really helpful and very informative.

|

8/9/2013 9:47 AM

Just picked up a 2012 Mirraco No.7... purple. Lol... not my color of choice but for the deal i got i don't mind. Will be finishing the frame and forks this wkd on the Eastern.. then i'm ording all the parts early nxt wk. I can't tell you all how much i appreciate the help...

|