Help Replacing Parts On my 2012 Kink Gap

Related:
Create New Tag

6/18/2014 3:22 PM

Long story short, drove out an hour to bike with the homies... got hurt, broke my arsebone, and let them take apart my bike to fit it in the trunk..

I go to put it back together.. and notice i'm missing some pieces..

1. The front wheel had these 2 little spacer things that fit inside the part of the fork that sits on the axle... What are they and how do I replace them?

2. The back tire has a huge washer on the axle between the lugnut, what is it for and how do I replace it?

3. No idea what happened on this one.. but I no longer have a brake, stolen? no cable, no lever, no brake assembly.. I need to replace it.. best option for a back break?

Do tell!

oNe

|

6/18/2014 3:33 PM

You don't really need any of those parts as far as I know. I ride brake less myself. And like it better.

|

6/18/2014 3:53 PM

Rh537100 wrote:

You don't really need any of those parts as far as I know. I ride brake less myself. And like it better.

same here until I hit the trails... after ALMOST dying twice I re-thought that..

oNe

|

6/18/2014 10:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/18/2014 10:12 PM

They are your homies...

|

6/18/2014 10:38 PM

Yeah I'd be stoked that my mates lost/stole my shit

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

6/19/2014 5:13 AM

Sounds like your homies are assholes. Get Odyssey Springfield brakes.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

6/19/2014 8:54 PM

Stocksy wrote:

coolness..

looks like $30 will get me there!!

https://www.danscomp.com/products/480052/Odyssey_Springfield_U-Brake_Kit.html

thanks!

oNe

|

6/23/2014 8:15 PM

So anyone know what those little rings that go inside the front forks are for(the front nuts tighten them into the inside of the for itself). ??

The washers on the rear axles I assume are so when you crank super tight you don't crimp into the axle.. but no idea on the front ones?

|

6/23/2014 9:03 PM

If you could take pictures of what youre talking about it would make helping you much easier. Are they female axles?

And time to look for some new "homies"

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/23/2014 9:13 PM

I think he's talking about the washers that hook into the forks on cheap bikes that keep the wheel from coming out if your wheels get loose.

|

6/23/2014 9:16 PM

Phabeon wrote:

So anyone know what those little rings that go inside the front forks are for(the front nuts tighten them into the inside of ...more

These? Photo

|

6/23/2014 10:43 PM

Ewww, those hook washers are only what come on lower end bikes or with forks that have cutouts by the dropouts. Anyways, the cheap ones tend to warp really bad and they can get stuck so I'd stay away from them. I only used to use them if my axle was messed up and tightening the hub would cause my hub to move. But what I usually do is tighten the hub (bike upside down) a bit more than hand-tightened, and then take the wheel and smack the ground to ensure that the hub is all the way inside the dropout. Then from there with the bike upright, I just tighten like normal. After it's quite snug, I turn the bike upside down again and continue. Works almost all the time unless you run female hubs.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

6/24/2014 1:40 AM

Stocksy wrote:

good choice. cheap easy brakes

and I wouldn't really worry about the spacers for the front wheel if the ones pictured are what you had

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

6/24/2014 7:02 AM

Are you sure it is your bike in the trunk? If your buddies harvested your bike, they are not your buddies.

If there was a brake on there, ASK ANYONE WHO WAS THERE what happened to the brake. If they show up at the park with those parts, I would just lose it and start pulling them off as they STOLE THEM. If they think you should be brakeless, your buddies are asshats for removing them without your consent. I would look for new buddies AFTER showing up at their homes asking about the parts LOUDLY so their parents hear them.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/24/2014 10:21 AM

Start beatin' ass.

|

8/11/2014 6:35 PM

gentlemen, you guys were correct, I had the wrong bike.. 2 all black bikes, one with pegs and brakes and one w/o..

haha, the fella's got me good.. HOWEVER no one is owning up to it... so either it was an honest mistake or a prank that went too far..

|

8/11/2014 6:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/11/2014 6:43 PM

not sure whats going on but it won't let post a full post, only a few sentences, anyone have any ideas?

|

8/11/2014 6:46 PM

will try a completely new post

|

8/11/2014 7:48 PM

figured it out fella's.. got the answer from the forum..

basically from Dan'scompt...

Details and Specs:

Peg Adapters

Peg adapters allow you to convert a 14mm bore peg to fit a 3/8" hub axle. They can also be used as dropout spacers by allowing a 3/8" axle to fit in a 14mm dropout. 4.5mm thick. Sold in pairs.

Not sure what the hizzy a BORE PEG is.. but the 2nd part makes sense to me...

oNe

http://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/518901/Peg_Adapters.html

|