Help/Skills

Related:
Create New Tag

7/15/2014 8:11 PM

Alright, I've been riding about maybe 3 years now. I guess I could say I'm good, but not great. I'm like just at a hump though, I never know what to do, I'm starting to get discouraged easily, I just don't know what to do. I want to get better but like, I just feel like I absolutely suck. I was starting to land hop bars but then like, all of a sudden I can't hop anymore when I throw them, and I'm getting sort of close to tailwhips coming up from a bank. But still, I just don't know what to do anymore, and I just feel like shit. Does anyone have any opinions or like anything that can help me? I just want to get better. I feel like I should be way better than I really am. And I know that practice makes perfect but sometimes I practice my ass off. I don't know. I just want to get back into the game but I'm just lost. Anyone? - Thanks

|

7/15/2014 8:13 PM

take a break for a bit

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/15/2014 8:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/15/2014 8:19 PM

Forget about bars and whips, learn good tables and turndowns and develop your own style. Take off/put on pegs, take off/put on brakes, and think of different tricks to do. Be creative. You might waste some time trying different styles but eventually you'll find one you love. For me, I went from almost a flatland style, to a full speed trails and street gap rider, and that's where I'm staying.

|

7/15/2014 8:18 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Forget about bars and whips, learn good tables and turndowns and develop your own style. Take off/put on pegs, take off/put on ...more

you forgot go chainless

|

7/15/2014 8:24 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Forget about bars and whips, learn good tables and turndowns and develop your own style. Take off/put on pegs, take off/put on ...more

>learn good tables and turndowns

Do this.

So many people I ride with can do barspins like nothing, but can't figure out a table to save their life. I love seeing a good table or turndown on street, especially down a set of stairs.

Try other tricks, or try not thinking of the trick too much because that's probably what's throwing you off.

|

7/15/2014 9:31 PM

Try to ride something new if you haven't already.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/15/2014 9:59 PM

Learn toboggans. Best trick ever. They have to be dipped and stretched. Arse being burnt by the tire dipped too

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/16/2014 8:25 AM

Just be more creative like said above add or take things off and try ridding some new stuff and most of all HAVE FUN

|

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109

pcoco ticaleb

7/16/2014 9:56 AM

Just find some new people to ride with! Or do what i do and just forget about learning tricks and let them come to you. Do the tricks you LIKE a lot and eventually new tricks will seem easier. Finding your abilities as a rider can be really hard for a lot of people, it wasn't very hard for me to figure it out. When you are being discouraged just keep doing tricks you enjoy and eventually new tricks will evolve out of that. Say half cabs, if you do a bunch of half cabs eventually fullcabs will start happening. If you do a lot of wallrides eventually you'll figure out how to 180 to wallride. BMX is FUN, all you gotta do is keep riding, go faster, pull harder.

Play with the tricks you can already do. See how fast you can do em until you are comfortable doing them at any (normal) speed. Just don't give up or take a break. There is too much stuff to be done and you don't wanna miss out on it.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/16/2014 2:22 PM

I felt the same way you did. I hopped up 3ft loading docks then 360'd off them(I've always wanted to try it). It may be easy for some people but it made me happy with myself because it was scary for me (but soooo rewarding). It got me psyched to ride again. Do something that will get yourself pumped up!

|

7/16/2014 2:39 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Just ride and have fun dont put pressure on yourself.maybe riding just isnt for you if ur stuck. I cant do tricks and im still stoked on riding!

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music

7/17/2014 12:05 AM

Masterbate while top tube riding down the street and squirt that shit all over a cop car and peace

Thats always fun

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short