Help finding brakes for my bmx bike

Related:
Create New Tag

8/19/2020 8:02 AM

Hello, I am writing this because I am looking for brakes for my new bmx bike. I have called the style of brakes “A brakes” since I got it. My other bmx bike has the same type of brakes, but I do not have two brake kits. I have been trying to find brakes for a while now and have not seen any details about them online. Now I am turning to this forum for help. I have attached pics of my bike that already has the same style of brakes on it that I need for my other bike. If someone knows how to get these style of brakes and what they’re called, that would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
- A new bmx rider Photo
Photo

|

8/19/2020 8:45 AM

They’re called u-brakes. If you want a good upgrade buy an odyssey evo 2.5 brake kit, kink desist brake kit or the shadow sano brake kit. Should come with brakes, lever and cable, then watch a how to install u-brakes video on YouTube to help with the install. I would recommend you stay away from odyssey Springfield brakes. They’re slightly easier to set up and cheaper, but don’t last long and feel worse because they’re more flexible.

|

8/19/2020 10:25 AM

the mission brake is like under $20 bucks and surprisingly good.

|

8/19/2020 11:40 AM

"bmx brakes" typed into google will give you everything you need to know. How hard did you look?

|

8/19/2020 12:40 PM

pnj wrote:

"bmx brakes" typed into google will give you everything you need to know. How hard did you look?

Google works in reverse in Aussie Land.

Oh, never mind that's toilets.

|